Porsche 718 Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
BT is associated with the head unit. I doubt that particular fuse has anything to do with BT. JMO
That’s what I thought.
My suspicion is that the person who reported other issues pulled the wrong fuse.
I am starting to wonder. But more than one person reported that so who knows?

Like I said previously, I have yet to experience any issues other than my interior sounds are better and that’s a good thing so I will probably just hope that all is well otherwise.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nope. You’re talking about 2017/18. MY2019 Porsche moved it to another location as reported by others. I already took the panel off to confirm. It ain’t there anymore.
Ah. Didn’t realize you were talking ‘19.

·
Registered
153 Posts
@roundtail To m y knowledge the Soundaktor only transmits artificial sound to the cabin. Just don't understand why that would be considered worthwhile.
I can only guess, but having worked in marketing in a different life, that guess would be to add a more distinct visceral result from selecting Sport Mode for those less nuanced in their perceptions. I may think differently of that once I’ve driven with the mod...haven’t had the chance yet.

Edit: Just came back from a short drive. I believe my guess as to the reason may be close. There is an absence of engine "presence" while cruising with the engine unloaded. Could be the soundaktor is meant to fatten that up. Personally, I'd rather do without it. Artificial, as you said.

·
Super Moderator
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
That’s what I thought.

I am starting to wonder. But more than one person reported that so who knows?

Like I said previously, I have yet to experience any issues other than my interior sounds are better and that’s a good thing so I will probably just hope that all is well otherwise.
That parts catalog diagram seems to indicate that sometime during the 2019 model year, the Soundaktor module was moved from the driver's side rear corner of the car (as shown in my tutorial) to the center rear of the car. Its depiction graphically hints that it's under the rear trunk carpet somewhere, directly in line vertically with the exhaust tips. Might be worthwhile to pull the rear hatch weatherstripping, remove the trunk storage liner, and poke around a bit. Once you find it, the rest of my tutorial should apply.

·
Registered
153 Posts
By the way: I can unequivocally say that there is DEFINITELY Soundaktor output in 'Normal' drive mode. It is subtle, but it is there. I have really good ears, and there is a tenor missing from directly behind, even in that drive mode. Disconnecting the Soundaktor has essentially made the 'center' of the engine sound move backward about three feet or so -- where it should be -- and also made the cabin feel more calm and clinical.

HIGHLY recommended.
Just took a short drive after pulling the plug, and I can attest to your perception. I immediately noticed a new, distinct, ambient clarity in the cabin while in normal mode. Whether I would have without reading your post, I can't be sure. But I have no doubt about the difference. The effect was similar to that of moving a turntable suffering from bass resonance to an unaffected surface.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts
About this Discussion
210 Replies
75 Participants
roundtail
Porsche 718 Forum
718 Forum is the largest Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman community. Join now to discuss modifications, exhaust, tires and more!
Full Forum Listing