Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Congratulations! I remember the awesome feeling when I got my allocation.
My T started production on December 21st and will hopefully be done right after the new year at latest. I didn't get an email when it started production but should get one when it is completed?
Thanks! If you mean an automated email from Porsche as opposed to just a heads-up from your dealer, I wouldn’t know…my prior purchases were all before they started this whole track your dream thing! Which seems like a much better way of doing things than having to feel like you’re annoying your salesman just to get a little of the joy of anticipation in this process 😉

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
You need a My Porsche account.
Go here and either sign in or click Register.

After that go to your App Store on your mobile and download the MyPorsche app and then sign into your MyPorsche account. You may not see anything until the order has been accepted in Porsche’s system. Your SA should send an email with a link to TYD when it is accepted. After that you’ll be able to check the mobile app or website to keep up with its progress.
Thanks, I am set up with the My Porsche app already, though my vehicle info in there is outdated. I guess I should wait a week or so and see if anything happens, namely my SA setting things in motion as you described.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Well, my car has been "in production" since 12/21. My assumption is that the factory shut down on the 24th with my car 50-70% built and will start up again on Monday. So I am hoping to get the CP8.0 announcement early this upcoming week. Anyone else waiting on their car to be finished up?
That’ll be awesome, your car will be here in time for Spring! I have nothing else to add, since I still have hard time left to serve in this joint 😉

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
I have not seen any notifications. Btw, you probably know this but sometimes TYD is on its game, but often it isn’t really updated very well. So it’s not a replacement for checking with your SA or doing your own independent tracking of shipping. Definitely do not rely on its lock date if you intend to make changes to your order. And sometimes the dates hop around without rhyme or reason.
Thanks - yeah, I sort of figured. Unfortunately, with my lock date still 5 months(!) away - which is confirmed by my salesguy through PVMS - I don't think I have to worry about V250 sneaking up on me even if it moves significantly in the right direction. I've actually never seen a V250 date separated from V200 by over 5 months! Weird, but I gather from what I read on the other site that there were more than a few allocations in that pre-Christmas distribution that also had very long lead times. I guess I'll plan on checking with him in a month if I don't hear first. That should be around the time of the next quarterly allocations so maybe my timeline will update in some significant way at that point.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
I find it irritating my sales advisor told me, "I can't know for sure when the lock date is, and it could change at any time!" after I asked him to change a minor selection in the build and he told me he no longer can. He was half right :/
Hopefully it wasn’t anything you were really counting on; I’ve had that happen to me before, but in the end I was glad I didn’t have the opportunity for further tinkering. For whatever it’s worth, I can say that I’ve been fortunate enough to go down this road with Porsche before and at delivery - and after - I always felt like I’d spec’d it right despite all the agonizing beforehand. I think its partly because my approach has been to endlessly question each option I add, “do I really need this?” “Do I really need this??”

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
I need dinner and a movie before I share my Porsche code.

Seriously though, like the Guards Red Boxster T. Perhaps I should have went with a Boxster...
Yeah, GR looks delicious on the T. There’s still about a 25% chance that I flip to white, though. So elegant, so classy - so racy and pure, especially on a T; if I do that I will switch the seat belts to red and later probably add red door pulls. The only change that I think I will probably make at this point will be to add the ‘GTS-style’ tails; I think they’re an especially nice contrast on the red car, helps to balance out the red a bit more, like the other black and grey accents.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Hello all,

my experience with past orders was that once the order passes V250 (green-lit for production) things can move quickly and the cars I ordered all arrived in inventory around 2 weeks ahead of the planned - and the expected - dates shown in the system.

But has anyone here had their V210/V250 dates brought forward substantially from the initial planning? I only ask because I’m hoping it could happen to me, since my V210 and V250 aren’t until May 10th/20th.😁 I just don’t know if there’s precedent for that.

For what it’s worth, I've experienced the opposite, too - my V250 was delayed by about 6-7 weeks in my Macan in 2020, but that was because of the Spring shutdown of the Leipzig plant due to Covid. I’m not aware of any such plans for that at Zuffenhausen and obviously we all hope it doesn’t, for reasons beyond just the manufacture of vehicles!

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
When we first received the link to TYD, the delivery date was 1/7/22. After about a month, that moved to 1/14. After another month or so, it moved to 1/21. Until last Saturday, that date had not changed, and I was prepared for another couple weeks of irritation.

Our sales guy called us on Saturday with the news. The car arrived the night before! So it arrived on the same day as first shown on TYD. The shop crew at the dealer will be done with prep on Wednesday. OMG I can hardly believe that it's actually happening! Seven month wait for us. Our sales guy said that the wait now is about one year and they now charge a $7,500 ADM, which they did not when we ordered. I'm soooo glad that we ordered when we did. It's our first Porsche and we're both way excited!

Reid
Congrats! It's a great feeling. What did you order?

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Really sorry to hear that. It lines up with my production complete date moving out as well. As you know mine went from 1/7 to 1/21. I believe you have the Bose system as well. It would be interesting to see if someone without Bose had their date moved out since we don't know the actual reason.
I have Bose and none of my dates have changed - yet - but I'm thinking that's because production is so far off in my case (week ending 6/3) that they are assuming this shortage affecting Bose may not even be relevant for my vehicle, when the time comes.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Have to confess, I'm really disheartened over this. My original date to dealer was Jan 28.
The lack of information is simply appalling. Spoke to my SA earlier, he has no idea- says Porsche does not tell him why the delay.
Therefore........what confidence should I have that the new end of March is going to happen? Seem like none. I'll get it when I get it.
Frustrating for sure, as it was when I waited for my Macan GTS order in the Spring of 2020, due to the plant shutdown because of Covid. At least I knew why, though I didn't know how long it might go. I would say that unless there's something really unusual about your build, then hopefully the experience of others here in this thread who've recently taken delivery should be relevant in terms of how long your order is likely to 'slide' by/how long your wait will be. I bet it will all be forgotten when you see it in person.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
The production schedule / delivery date for my Cayman has been on the move once again.

It appears that my membership in the "Waiters Club" will not terminate for a couple more months. :cry:

According to TYD:

Original:
12/24/21 - Enter Production
01/14/22 - Exit Production
03/11/22 - Arrive at dealer

Change 1:
01/07/22 - Enter Production

Change 2:
01/10/21 - Enter Production

As of today:
01/10/21 - Enter Production
02/11/22 - Exit Production
04/01/22 - Arrive at dealer
Production is not going to take a month, so one of those dates is going to have to give, I will bet you. Since it is now in the past, is the 1/10/21 shown as "actual"? If so, I'd expect the exit date to be reached very soon. In which case, there is reason to hope your original arrival date may hold, depending on where you are (East/West coast).

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
The entire process is really not fun. Sorry to read you guys going through it. Someone there needs to take on the responsibility of making this much better.

All the bad feelings disappear pretty quickly at the end, though. These cars are that good. Hang in there.
This is the truth - it stinks now, but this part will all be forgotten when you roll off the lot in your 718. Patience, things are pretty volatile at the moment.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts