Porsche 718 Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2924 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
sure did. wonder how well it will "go" with the black brushed aluminum tho
I guess we'll both find out. I did black aluminum and the shift knob as well. Be interested to see more interior pics when you get them.

@Hal H - I didn't know it changed the shift boot as well. The more time goes by, the more I start to wish I had gone a little less conservative on my color choices for exterior and interior.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I guess we'll both find out. I did black aluminum and the shift knob as well. Be interested to see more interior pics when you get them.

@Hal H - I didn't know it changed the shift boot as well. The more time goes by, the more I start to wish I had gone a little less conservative on my color choices for exterior and interior.
It looks great! I wanted the shift boot in the espresso and it was one of the reasons I ordered the brushed aluminum option. Here's me checking it out and here's one of the body color hoops.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anyone know the average wait time for port processing? Siem Confucius just left Baltimore so my car is officially on US soil. I wonder if it’s possible it leaves for the dealer tomorrow?!?

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
My first post about my 718 in the waiters club, I haven't posted in the "Waiter Club" before as I didn't want to put anyone else off or make any one even more anxious about their order due to waiting times (which are LONG at the moment) but I know things are very slowly turning around now.

I placed an order back in May 2021 for a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0, after not hearing any new from my OPC I got a surprise back on 23rd January 2022 via the app that I have an allocation :) knowing the process as this is not my first Porsche I didn't get over excited and just let things roll. I work in the industry for Stellantis so I know all the horror stories and supply issues facing manufactures at this present time and I am a patient person anyway so felt no need to start chasing my SA for dates etc...
Got a call later in Jan that PCCB's are a no go at the moment so they will be taken off my build, disappointed but licked my wounds and felt sorry for myself for a day and moved on knowing the standard brakes are more than up to the task! apart from the PCCB's the only other item being removed which was a little strange was the Sun Visors in Race-Tex, Oh well I will get them re-trimmed after delivery. As their were a couple of items being removed I decided to then adjust my build, changed the interior and added a few other options to the build that wouldn't affect the build slot.
Moving on to April and I get a call saying I have a build completion date of the end of May, things are starting to happen now, a little progress, so after a couple of CP8 dates being moved back my car should hopefully be built and completed at the factory on the 30th June. This date has not moved in the past 2 weeks so as its getting so close I am quietly confident that this is accurate but I am not counting my chickens until I get the call everyone wants to receive.

So there we are, that's my little story of my 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 up until today!

My build code if anyone wants to have a look PNB2LQ16

Have patience and a little sympathy for your dealership at the moment, they are doing all that they can to get you your cars in these very trying times!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Looks a great build and it’ll be worth it in the end. The killer is the break in period but once done the engine seems to change. Not sure if it’s some software trickery but it sounds like the wrath of God when you push on the loud pedal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks a great build and it’ll be worth it in the end. The killer is the break in period but once done the engine seems to change. Not sure if it’s some software trickery but it sounds like the wrath of God when you push on the loud pedal.
Thank you @Scrounger
In reference to the break-in period which for some reason is a bit of a taboo subject! When I purchased my previous 718 my OPC said the break in was just 500 miles and this was in reference to the PDK not the engine. Now I tend to drive quite sensibly now as I am over my adolescent years by quite a margin LOL. I will just take the advice the OPC gives me again but not really worry about it too much. Engines are so well engineered these days that break in really is not a thing anymore. Having said that I will take it easy to start with and let everything settle down at a sensible RPM

Hows the exhaust coming along?

·
Registered
Cayman GTS 4.0
171 Posts
I wouldn't say the break-in period is taboo, but there are definitely lots of different opinions.

FWIW the UK/Euro manual says to keep it under 4k RPM for 3000 Km or 1865 miles.

I'm now up to 1989 miles so all is good :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I had hoped that TYD was just being TYD and I actually had made it on Siem Confucius and just not received an update. But, it appears I really was sitting at the factory for about three weeks after my build completed, as yesterday TYD updated to Ready for Transport and a short time later In Transit to Emden. As of this morning, it still hasn't made it to Emden (zoomed in map shows it sitting in Dusseldorf) where it's been for almost 24 hours now.

Delivery was pushed back to 7/29. Anyone know when the next boat to Jacksonville leaves?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It’s not only breaking in the engine, it’s all the other bits as well. Brake pads, bearings etc all need time to become accustomed to various heat cycles but there are plenty of threads on that subject.

Exhaust is coming on. Don’t think it’ll polish up any further so just maintaining the finish now

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
Aargh, TYD went unavailable/return of umbrella racer this morning, with just 2 days left in the countdown- to both V250 and production start, supposedly.

·
Registered
347 Posts

what paint and interior colors did you go with? I can't imagine you went off the rails with color selections

Granted, Porsche won't restrict color combinations (you could spec Racing Yellow body color w/ full Bordeaux Red interior for example) - as we've seen in the Ugly 718 thread - there were two unfortunate (IMO) cars built - a Boxter and a Spyder that were Python Green paint with Red / Black interior and the Spyder had yellow gauges with green seatbelts...

just for the shock value - here's a Cayman S configured with some nausea inducing combinations
Car Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Racing Yellow 2022 Cayman T PDK
140 Posts
what paint and interior colors did you go with? I can't imagine you went off the rails with color selections

Granted, Porsche won't restrict color combinations (you could spec Racing Yellow body color w/ full Bordeaux Red interior for example) - as we've seen in the Ugly 718 thread - there were two unfortunate (IMO) cars built - a Boxter and a Spyder that were Python Green paint with Red / Black interior and the Spyder had yellow gauges with green seatbelts...

just for the shock value - here's a Cayman S configured with some nausea inducing combinations View attachment 43642
View attachment 43643
Is that Ronald McDonalds Cayman??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is that Ronald McDonalds Cayman??
that's definitely what comes to mind!

Or - this what the hotdog sees going into the bun - ketchup & mustard

- either way...there are some combinations that are abominations

I did another one with Python Green paint, Red interior, yellow gauges, Python interior trim and yellow seat belts - (it was awful in its own way). I'll spare people from that one - you can't un-see it...one today was enough

2761 - 2780 of 2924 Posts