Porsche 718 Forum banner
2781 - 2800 of 2924 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
what paint and interior colors did you go with? I can't imagine you went off the rails with color selections

Granted, Porsche won't restrict color combinations (you could spec Racing Yellow body color w/ full Bordeaux Red interior for example) - as we've seen in the Ugly 718 thread - there were two unfortunate (IMO) cars built - a Boxter and a Spyder that were Python Green paint with Red / Black interior and the Spyder had yellow gauges with green seatbelts...

just for the shock value - here's a Cayman S configured with some nausea inducing combinations View attachment 43642
That is... unique. Could maybe see some Washington football fans driving around in that.😂

My build was nowhere near that colorful. PNJ5W5M1 Chalk exterior, black interior with chalk deviated stitching. My build locked three days after I received my allocation which was good and bad. Good because I was spending an unhealthy amount of time on the configurator and bad because I didn't have a lot of time to see different color combos in person. In hindsight, wish I would have broken up the interior more by doing either chalk seatbelts or the chalk deviated seat centers. I was reluctant to do the seat centers out of fear the light color would be difficult to keep clean.

Can't recall, did you put your name down anywhere beside Hendrick?

·
Registered
347 Posts
That is... unique. Could maybe see some Washington football fans driving around in that.😂

My build was nowhere near that colorful. PNJ5W5M1 Chalk exterior, black interior with chalk deviated stitching. My build locked three days after I received my allocation which was good and bad. Good because I was spending an unhealthy amount of time on the configurator and bad because I didn't have a lot of time to see different color combos in person. In hindsight, wish I would have broken up the interior more by doing either chalk seatbelts or the chalk deviated seat centers. I was reluctant to do the seat centers out of fear the light color would be difficult to keep clean.

Can't recall, did you put your name down anywhere beside Hendrick?
No - just staying with Hendrick - I person in the business who's opinion I value recommended Hendrick over the dealer in Hickory

In your build, I would have done chalk deviated centers to lighten up the interior; the chalk stitching will look good to bring out details for the interior

Modern automotive leather has a coating applied over it - doing periodic cleaning does the job. Even black leather would look dull over time vs. keeping in clean

I have an '01 Benz with a light leather color that is called Oyster / Quartz and its a cream / white color. The "worst" I had was a friend had newer black jeans that hadn't gone through that many washes - a damp wash cloth cleaned it up readily.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
So, the plot thickens a bit - maybe. I called Porsche NA after TYD went unavailable, and the rep told me delivery was 7/29 – cool if true since that's 2 weeks sooner than what was last in TYD, but he may have had outdated info, because he also said I was V250 as of 4/4 – which is when I got a push notice from MyPorsche that appears to have been incorrect based on info from my SA.

I asked the rep about production dates, if any, several times before he understood what I was looking for. Couldn’t see any milestones more recent than the 4/4 one, he said. Asked him about a VIN, and he said no. Then, he corrected himself - got VIN! That seems like progress, since I assume that the VIN couldn't be assigned any earlier than the vehicle fixed V250 date (how can a VIN be assigned before you even know the build date) and TYD (and PVMS) had both been calling for V250 as of 6/24. So, seems like I'm at V250 now.

I decided to 'splurge' and buy a report for that VIN, and from that I would deduce that the car isn't at V300 or even V270 yet, since there is no tire brand data, or gearbox serial number in the report. If TYD doesn't update and sort itself out in the next few days, I'll reach out to my guy and get some clarity from PVMS sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
what paint and interior colors did you go with? I can't imagine you went off the rails with color selections

Granted, Porsche won't restrict color combinations (you could spec Racing Yellow body color w/ full Bordeaux Red interior for example) - as we've seen in the Ugly 718 thread - there were two unfortunate (IMO) cars built - a Boxter and a Spyder that were Python Green paint with Red / Black interior and the Spyder had yellow gauges with green seatbelts...

just for the shock value - here's a Cayman S configured with some nausea inducing combinations View attachment 43642
View attachment 43643

Gesture Plant Heat Font Art

·
Registered
49 Posts
No - just staying with Hendrick - I person in the business who's opinion I value recommended Hendrick over the dealer in Hickory

In your build, I would have done chalk deviated centers to lighten up the interior; the chalk stitching will look good to bring out details for the interior

Modern automotive leather has a coating applied over it - doing periodic cleaning does the job. Even black leather would look dull over time vs. keeping in clean

I have an '01 Benz with a light leather color that is called Oyster / Quartz and its a cream / white color. The "worst" I had was a friend had newer black jeans that hadn't gone through that many washes - a damp wash cloth cleaned it up readily.
Definitely went back and forth on the deviated seat centers but fear ultimately won out. Hoping the deviated stitching and white gauges break things up enough. Also wrestled with the red versus black calipers.

So, overnight TYD updated dates again. Says I'm supposed to be on a vessel by tomorrow and delivery moved up a week to 7/22. Don't see any of the usual ships in port at Emden and there doesn't seem to be an available list for June/July shipping to the east coast, so I'm skeptical about being on a vessel tomorrow.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Definitely went back and forth on the deviated seat centers but fear ultimately won out. Hoping the deviated stitching and white gauges break things up enough. Also wrestled with the red versus black calipers.

So, overnight TYD updated dates again. Says I'm supposed to be on a vessel by tomorrow and delivery moved up a week to 7/22. Don't see any of the usual ships in port at Emden and there doesn't seem to be an available list for June/July shipping to the east coast, so I'm skeptical about being on a vessel tomorrow.
what was your time line with your order? Wait list > received allocation > production date scheduled

and you're going through Hendrick? I recall the person ahead of me had been on wait list at Hendrick Oct 2021 back when I started things off in Jan 2022

·
Registered
49 Posts
what was your time line with your order? Wait list > received allocation > production date scheduled

and you're going through Hendrick? I recall the person ahead of me had been on wait list at Hendrick Oct 2021 back when I started things off in Jan 2022
Mid-January 2022 - Got on wait list at Hendrick just after you as I was #3 in line and sold them my 2018 base Cayman
2/11/22 - Offered and accepted an allocation with $5k ADM from Foreign Cars Italia (Porsche Greensboro) which is where I had bought the 2018 Cayman. Delivery date at that time was 5/20/22
2/14/22 - Build locked with production supposed to start early March, then Felicity Ace and Ukraine happened
4/27/22 - Production actually started, took my name off the list at Hendrick
6/2/22 - Production completed
6/21/22 - Left Zuffenhausen for Emden
6/22/22 - At Emden waiting and supposedly getting on vessel by tomorrow

From February until now, delivery has been 5/20, 6/17, 7/15, 8/12, 7/08, 7/29 and now 7/22

2781 - 2800 of 2924 Posts