Porsche 718 Forum banner
2801 - 2820 of 2925 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mid-January 2022 - Got on wait list at Hendrick just after you as I was #3 in line and sold them my 2018 base Cayman
2/11/22 - Offered and accepted an allocation with $5k ADM from Foreign Cars Italia (Porsche Greensboro) which is where I had bought the 2018 Cayman. Delivery date at that time was 5/20/22
2/14/22 - Build locked with production supposed to start early March, then Felicity Ace and Ukraine happened
4/27/22 - Production actually started, took my name off the list at Hendrick
6/2/22 - Production completed
6/21/22 - Left Zuffenhausen for Emden
6/22/22 - At Emden waiting and supposedly getting on vessel by tomorrow

From February until now, delivery has been 5/20, 6/17, 7/15, 8/12, 7/08, 7/29 and now 7/22
okay - I was wondering about that, since I haven't heard anything from Hendrick yet and yours was underway. A matter of tracking down a dealer that had allocations - you're in the home stretch

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Spyder on the way and my experience with "Track Your Dream" is much different than with my 911.
  1. Spyder is listed as "scheduled for production" on MyPorsche home page, but
  2. When going into "Track Your Dream" it is currently listed as waiting to get on vessel (estimated to completed today 6/23)
  3. Also, assuming it has completed production, there's no photo.
  4. Original estimated delivery to SW North America was late August, now it is showing July 20!
So I am happy to get it earlier but also confused by the tracking info.

Anyone else part of this production line going out to North America?

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
52 Posts
Well, TYD came back to life for me last night, and confirmed I did hit v250 yesterday, production start still scheduled for tomorrow, and ETA did move up 2 weeks to 7/29! We’ll see about that, but I’m less concerned with that than relieved that it is about to be built, finally 🙂
We're on the same schedule 👍🏼

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
Due for port of Davisville, RI for me on 7/22, due to dealer in Norwell, MA on 7/29. Our Boxsters will be travel mates for at least most of your trip!
Mine may be a stretch to get to me in Chicago by 7/29, u less it gets to Emden very quickly and in a way that coincides well with the shipping schedule. In fact TYD has a glitch in it that kind of reflects that uncertainty - dealer eta is 7/29, but port processing is 8/12, lol. Still, it’ll be great if they both get here ASAP…my enthusiasm is starting to return after the long uncertainty! 😃

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine may be a stretch to get to me in Chicago by 7/29, u less it gets to Emden very quickly and in a way that coincides well with the shipping schedule. In fact TYD has a glitch in it that kind of reflects that uncertainty - dealer eta is 7/29, but port processing is 8/12, lol. Still, it’ll be great if they both get here ASAP…my enthusiasm is starting to return after the long uncertainty! 😃
Based on my 7/29 to dealer ETA, I'd bet that your ETA is more likely to be 8/12, but I say that with a preference towards being the pleasantly surprised pessimist over the disappointed optimist.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
Based on my 7/29 to dealer ETA, I'd bet that your ETA is more likely to be 8/12, but I say that with a preference towards being the pleasantly surprised pessimist over the disappointed optimist.
Yeah, it may well be; could easily be the week of 8/5. With that said, I’d really like to see the shipping schedule(s) for the next 2 weeks; IF things go smoothly through production and transport to Emden, I could see either or both of our cars getting there between the 1st and 5th; if so, you should easily make it by the 29th; your port stop is the closest, and your dealer is just up the road from port.But even in my case, if it gets on board by the 7th or 8th because the timing works out well, it’ll be in Baltimore about 15 days later and could make to Chicago within a week - in “normal” times, it can work that way…but I’m not too concerned about a few days either way👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, it may well be; could easily be the week of 8/5. With that said, I’d really like to see the shipping schedule(s) for the next 2 weeks; IF things go smoothly through production and transport to Emden, I could see either or both of our cars getting there between the 1st and 5th; if so, you should easily make it by the 29th; your port stop is the closest, and your dealer is just up the road from port.But even in my case, if it gets on board by the 7th or 8th because the timing works out well, it’ll be in Baltimore about 15 days later and could make to Chicago within a week - in “normal” times, it can work that way…but I’m not too concerned about a few days either way👍
I second that wish for a shipping schedule. I'm at Emden now with TYD saying I'll be in Jacksonville on 7/15. Would seem for that to work with your schedule, there needs to be two boats leaving Emden for the east coast within a week or so of each other. Or, they get crazy and switch up the usual route and going to Jax first then north up the coast.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
I don’t think they will reverse course ($$$$)/do them out of geographical order, but they do “skip” stops- not all ships make all East coast stops from Halifax to Jacksonville, etc. if yours is at Emden now, you should be able to check the Emden port schedule if nothing else, and see which of the usual suspects from the Glovis line or VW’s own chartered fleet will be serving in Emden soon, heading for US East coast - I think you can find that on vesselfinder, marinetraffic, and others. The port has a site, too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, production remains scheduled to begin tomorrow but TYD moved ETA to dealer from 7/29 to 8/12. Change must have taken effect in TYD sometime over the past 4 hours .🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
My ETA just went from 14 days to 42. I guess it's not even on the boat yet. Frustrating.
Well, production remains scheduled to begin tomorrow but TYD moved ETA to dealer from 7/29 to 8/12. Change must have taken effect in TYD sometime over the past 4 hours .🤷‍♂️
Oh Jeez, now you guys are going to make me check for the 32nd time today…BRB.😁

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
212 Posts
I hope that when my car is nearing production, I don't start obsessing. It's not like I will be able to make a difference.
Well, that’s remarkably…sober and rational of you.

The obsession is - for some -a big part of the fun, at least until the **** car gets here there isn’t much to do but obsess. I do understand, and I expect the others here do too, that we can’t control it. Doesn’t mean we don’t want to know the latest info, if there is any. To each their own.

2801 - 2820 of 2925 Posts