Porsche 718 Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3284 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
Well, Glovis Sunlight has finally left port and freed up a berth that Siem Confucius or San Martin could use, but they aren’t budging yet. There are 3 other vehicle carriers I can see in the harbor at the VW area, but none of them are on PWL’s US schedule.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
121 Posts
Well, Glovis Sunlight has finally left port and freed up a berth that Siem Confucius or San Martin could use, but they aren’t budging yet. There are 3 other vehicle carriers I can see in the harbor at the VW area, but none of them are on PWL’s US schedule.
Thanks, @John_Y
Seems unlikely then that I'll get an update Friday of being boarded onto the vessel. I'll update here when I know

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
Hopefully one will, and we can all get on and outperform the TYD schedule. The SFL composer is also making its way to Emden and has US East coast stops planned; heading up the European Atlantic coast and is stopping in Santander Spain today, it seems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks, @John_Y
Seems unlikely then that I'll get an update Friday of being boarded onto the vessel. I'll update here when I know
Just a heads up to watch your Emden Arrival Date as well. Myself and a couple others saw their Emden arrival dates change well after we got to Emden and the updated date corresponded to when the car was loaded on a ship.

For example, my car originally got to Emden on 6/22. On 7/19, I noticed that the arrival date had changed in TYD to 7/18. Then, on 7/20, I got a call from my SA that the car was onboard a ship. Later that evening, TYD updated and this time my arrival at Emden and Onboard Vessel both were 7/18.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
Just a heads up to watch your Emden Arrival Date as well. Myself and a couple others saw their Emden arrival dates change well after we got to Emden and the updated date corresponded to when the car was loaded on a ship.

For example, my car originally got to Emden on 6/22. On 7/19, I noticed that the arrival date had changed in TYD to 7/18. Then, on 7/20, I got a call from my SA that the car was onboard a ship. Later that evening, TYD updated and this time my arrival at Emden and Onboard Vessel both were 7/18.
Good tip, thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Good to know. So far still showing a 7/21 arrival to Emden, with projected load to vessel of 8/5, and ETA to dealer of 8/26. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
My dealer did my front screens. I did the rears. In my case the screens mounted behind the vent fins so the front bumper had to be dropped. I didn't feel qualified to drop the bumper. Photos are included in a previous post.

Reactions: anderson930

·
Registered
121 Posts
My dealer did my front screens. I did the rears. In my case the screens mounted behind the vent fins so the front bumper had to be dropped. I didn't feel qualified to drop the bumper. Photos are included in a previous post.
Thanks! I'm trying to think of all the ways I can try to twist the dealer's arm to make me feel a little better about the $15k ADM. 🥴

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Thanks! I'm trying to think of all the ways I can try to twist the dealer's arm to make me feel a little better about the $15k ADM. 🥴
I paid MSRP in May 2021. Got the dealer to do all window tinting at NC. He also gave me a discount on the full ceramic (5 yr) coat which was done at the dealers by factory trained staff. For 15K you should get many benefits. But don't quote me... lol...,

·
Registered
31 Posts
You got your dealer to install those for you?
Yes indeed, the dealer had me ship the screens directly to them when I ordered them from RGS. Ultimately they decided to drop the front bumper as they were happier with the quality of the install .

·
Registered
121 Posts
I paid MSRP in May 2021. Got the dealer to do all window tinting at NC. He also gave me a discount on the full ceramic (5 yr) coat which was done at the dealers by factory trained staff. For 15K you should get many benefits. But don't quote me... lol...,
Yes indeed, the dealer had me ship the screens directly to them when I ordered them from RGS. Ultimately they decided to drop the front bumper as they were happier with the quality of the install .
Thanks, hopefully I can work something out. The only thing I can threaten them with is taking the car elsewhere for service. I'm going to head down this weekend to drop off my final cash deposit, so I'll try to wheel and deal then so that there's an agreement like you made ahead of it's delivery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well (Insert curse word here)! PDLS+ has been removed from all 2023 builds as confirmed by my SA and build sheet. DAMNIT. And I'm past my freeze date. ARGHHHH this entire thing has been a clusterfdklsafjdas

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well (Insert curse word here)! PDLS+ has been removed from all 2023 builds as confirmed by my SA and build sheet. DAMNIT. And I'm past my freeze date. ARGHHHH this entire thing has been a clusterfdklsafjdas
that blows!

I intentionally want the PDLS+ for the LED lighting - if that comes to pass, then I'd retrofit LEDs to replace the Xenon / HID bulbs, if possible
-most all the reviews I've read praised the PDLS+ over the Xenon setup

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
My were installed for "free" during the PPF installation, as they had to remove the bumper and the side vents during the PPF install.

3181 - 3200 of 3284 Posts