Porsche 718 Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3284 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
Just got bumped to an 8/19 vessel loading and 9/9 ETA to dealer 😔
Well, Siem Confucius is a huge ship, so maybe you/I/we will make it; you have to wonder about how many vw group vehicles are in the compound, and “ahead” of us in line. If I had to guess though, it would be that we’ll make it onto SFL Composer when it is permitted into port; scheduled to arrive in Emden tomorrow, but I bet it won’t dock and load before next weekend. Either way is fine - I can’t see how I’d I get the car until right around Labor Day or just after, in any scenario. Hopefully nothing much longer than that.
I couldn’t get TYD to display right now, anyway.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
121 Posts
Well, Siem Confucius is a huge ship, so maybe you/I/we will make it; you have to wonder about how many vw group vehicles are in the compound, and “ahead” of us in line. If I had to guess though, it would be that we’ll make it onto SFL Composer when it is permitted into port; scheduled to arrive in Emden tomorrow, but I bet it won’t dock and load before next weekend. Either way is fine - I can’t see how I’d I get the car until right around Labor Day or just after, in any scenario. Hopefully nothing much longer than that.
I'm more worried about my rate lock. I took the gamble and secured a 3.4% rate on a 72-month term loan, which I'll lose if the first week of September passes without the dealer submitting the Dealer Fund Request to my bank. I did speak with the finance manager at my dealership directly and he said, "while not conventional, we can send the DFR to your bank before the car is on our lot; it wouldn't be the first time I've done it." I went ahead with the loan application on his word but now I have to rely on him following through on it.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
I'm more worried about my rate lock. I took the gamble and secured a 3.4% rate on a 72-month term loan, which I'll lose if the first week of September passes without the dealer submitting the Dealer Fund Request to my bank. I did speak with the finance manager at my dealership directly and he said, "while not conventional, we can send the DFR to your bank before the car is on our lot; it wouldn't be the first time I've done it." I went ahead with the loan application on his word but now I have to rely on him following through on it.
Good idea - something for me to consider doing, too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Similar concern here. I started the loan process about two weeks ago because I wanted to lock in case rates went up. Wasn't able to get the necessary documentation from my dealer until 6pm on Friday (7/29). Talked to the bank Monday (8/1) and was told rates had gone up 0.5% effective that morning. After a little back and forth, they agreed that since I had started the application, been approved and submitted everything except an official VIN document before the increase they could give me the lower rate. Have 45 days now to take delivery of my car or go through the loan process all over again.

I'm supposedly on Sunshine Ace which docked at JAX this morning which is my stop. TYD still says On Vessel and the distance to dealer has never changed since I got to Emden. Also, My Porsche no longer displays my car. Not sure what that's all about.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My car arrived in Emden on 7/1. After watching car carriers come and go without me I’ve come to realize there is quite a backlog there. These carriers are transporting other brands too so my guess is about 900 Porsches per ship. My SA now says shipping 8/13 so that’s 6 weeks in Emden. So I expect the car sometime in September. Originally it was June so we’ll see. We’ll just have to enjoy the summer without our cars.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
121 Posts
My car arrived in Emden on 7/1. After watching car carriers come and go without me I’ve come to realize there is quite a backlog there. These carriers are transporting other brands too so my guess is about 900 Porsches per ship. My SA now says shipping 8/13 so that’s 6 weeks in Emden. So I expect the car sometime in September. Originally it was June so we’ll see. We’ll just have to enjoy the summer without our cars.
That makes me wonder if the wait will be so long that it'll be delivered around the time the rates come down, and if I should consider letting my rate lock drop in hopes of clinching something better. 🤔

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
That makes me wonder if the wait will be so long that it'll be delivered around the time the rates come down, and if I should consider letting my rate lock drop in hopes of clinching something better. 🤔
I wouldn’t expect them to come down within any timeframe relevant to the delivery of our cars, i.e, the next 30-60 days. The expectation seems to be that the federal reserve will continue to raise rates at least a little more this year to combat inflation, and are comfortable doing that given the fundamental strengths of the economy (see latest jobs report).

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is down/blank for me and others. Alot of chatter on Rennlist. For me I am assuming is because of the PDLS+ change.

I see you are waiting on a T? For what it is worth the rumors regarding Bose are going around, "LED headlights are def on stop order. Looks like Bose is only on stop order for 718 base/S/T models."

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
It is down/blank for me and others. Alot of chatter on Rennlist. For me I am assuming is because of the PDLS+ change.

I see you are waiting on a T? For what it is worth the rumors regarding Bose are going around, "LED headlights are def on stop order. Looks like Bose is only on stop order for 718 base/S/T models."
Thanks.

Yes, I am. But mine was built 2-3 weeks ago and I’m in my second week waiting at Emden. I also didn’t get anything from Porsche about Bose not being available (it was one of the few options I added), so I’m hopeful it made it into my car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe it is just my MacBook. But I noticed that TYD would work once in a new browser. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc. The 2nd time it would not load, just blank. This was using the link that I got in my email. I then tried clearing cache, etc, no difference. Tried private tabs, incognito etc, nothing worked. I remembered there is a private browser called Tor. Tried that was able to get TYD to come up once, then closed the browser, tried again and it worked. So I am using that for TYD for the time being.

·
Registered
66 Posts
One step closer! A little concern was creeping in since Sunshine Ace left JAX yesterday afternoon and TYD still showed On Vessel a couple hours ago. Thought I might be in for the reverse Treemagnet.

And I believe for the first time in this whole six month process, the TYD estimated date of completion for a step will actually turn out to be the real date of completion.

I guess 1 out of 12 ain't bad :ROFLMAO:

Human body Slope Font Rectangle Line

3201 - 3220 of 3284 Posts