Porsche 718 Forum banner
3221 - 3240 of 3284 Posts

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
Same

View attachment 45321

distance to dealer might be a little off but I’m pretty sure my delivery will be sooner than 9/9
Haha, yeah, I noticed that too, mine says 894 miles somehow 🤣 but I agree, I would expect the car to arrive last week of august. I wo t be around thet week, but I assume I’ll be able to get it I time for a nice long Labor Day weekend…

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
121 Posts
Sorry man…but maybe you’re on board and just don’t know it yet. And if not, I bet you will be on SFL Composer…which had nearly reached Emden.
I'm following the Composer with high hopes, and happy for you both! Things are moving over there, and we'll graduate from the Waiter's Club soon enough

·
Registered
126 Posts
I heard back from my sales advisor today. As I'd guessed, their July allocation had been delayed until late August. She did offer me a base Cayman that they had ordered for stock. It's a base 2022 with PDK, black paint, black 20 inch wheels, aluminum trimmed interior, 18 way seats, and the premium package. That's not a car for me, so I declined it in favor of a custom build. If no one on the waiting list takes it, it may become available, so if you know of anyone who's looking for a murdered out base Cayman, I can forward the build sheet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't have any vessel or TYD updates but I did just come from the dealer. Made my final deposit, signed the sales agreement, and watched as the finance manager submitted the Dealer Fund Request to my bank to finalize the loan. A big relief as I locked a 3.4% 72-mo loan with USAA just before the rates went up again recently. Takes the stress off my shoulders so now I don't have to worry about when my BGTS arrives, just that it doesn't go down in a flaming oceanic wreck or some other act of God form of carnage.

I suppose this means I officially own a P-car!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks like Siem Confucius is on its way to Halifax
I stopped by dealer to do a visit and while ove rthere and went over to look at the paint / leather / trim samples

Frozen Berry is a very interesting color! I'd probably pair it with Black / Chalk leather if I had selected that color (and probably with black deviated seat centers - hadn't see any cars in person with that color yet

·
Registered
2022 Cayman T
155 Posts
I stopped by dealer to do a visit and while ove rthere and went over to look at the paint / leather / trim samples

Frozen Berry is a very interesting color! I'd probably pair it with Black / Chalk leather if I had selected that color (and probably with black deviated seat centers - hadn't see any cars in person with that color yet
Well if you’re ever in south Florida shoot me a PM, you can see mine with the all black interior and LWBs. I haven’t picked a fabric for P1 inserts yet

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well if you’re ever in south Florida shoot me a PM, you can see mine with the all black interior and LWBs. I haven’t picked a fabric for P1 inserts yet
if you're going with a plaid pattern - working a stripe (thin) in that would have the color to complement the Frozen Berry and possibly a contrast color on the other end of color spectrum of that light rose color...you can work colors into that and have a unique scheme

About as far South in FL I've been is St. Pete and have a friend in Ft. Lauderdale - its a bit of haul down from North Carolina

who knows? probably in the winter months, I'll take a trip down to FL - I have some relatives distributed around the state as well as several friends

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
299 Posts
As I figured, ETA just moved forward 2 weeks to week of 8/26, with Siem Confucius now well out into the Atlantic. Oddly, the earlier intervals starting with port channel entry only moved up 1 week, also to 8/26. I think the boat will certainly arrive in Baltimore no later than the 19th, so that may still change. Maybe they’ll wait ‘til it hits Halifax; hopefully port delays aren’t a big concern there. It’s is sort of cool to look at the countdown calendar on TYD, and see the ETA now all the way down to just 17 days…

I also completed my loan app and secured 3.99% from BofA - not great, not terrible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fun day yesterday as I finally took delivery.

The car is a special beast, everything is so connected and well balanced. Amazed at the effortless power while not exceeding 4K RPM's as I’m trying to adhere to the engine break-in guidance. The car is sublime living below 4K RPM, I seriously can't imagine the power and performance that awaits post break-in!
I’m really at a loss for words.

2 things I have learned: The smiles per gallon is amazing and it kills bugs fast!
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Plant Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
121 Posts
Fun day yesterday as I finally took delivery.

The car is a special beast, everything is so connected and well balanced. Amazed at the effortless power while not exceeding 4K RPM's as I’m trying to adhere to the engine break-in guidance. The car is sublime living below 4K RPM, I seriously can't imagine the power and performance that awaits post break-in!
I’m really at a loss for words.

2 things I have learned: The smiles per gallon is amazing and it kills bugs fast!
View attachment 45466
View attachment 45471
View attachment 45470
View attachment 45468
View attachment 45469
View attachment 45467
Gorgeous spec. Congrats and be sure to enjoy her a bit more for us while we languish here in the waiting room!

3221 - 3240 of 3284 Posts