Porsche 718 Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 3522 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Plant shut down for summer break on 7/29. Resumes on 8/26.

What’s the longest wait anyone’s had between V260 and V300? My car entered the body shop on 26 July and I still have not received a notification that it has reached V300.

Reactions: balucipher

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks like Siem Confucius has shaved about 8 hrs from the schedule en route; it’s now expected in Halifax 8am Sunday. Any of our Canadian waiters counting on a delivery from this one?
My car is more than likely on the Siem Confucius but I’m holding out on a slim chance it was on the previous ship to Halifax, the Supreme Ace which offloaded last Monday, August 8.
I’m just waiting patiently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
My car is more than likely on the Siem Confucius but I’m holding out on a slim chance it was on the previous ship to Halifax, the Supreme Ace which offloaded last Monday, August 8.
I’m just waiting patiently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You may be right. I just found out today that my car is on the Siemens Confucius. Apparently it is half way across the ocean now. Porsche is not real quick to inform us. My wait is almost over. I’ve kept myself occupied by building a garage during my wait. It should be finished when the car arrives.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
False alarm- Back up and running with no changes. I'll take it. I was fully expecting another delay.
Same. And, since there’s not much excitement of late, here’s a photo of some TYD wackiness. Which has started showing - as far as I can interpret the map - Siem Confucius stopping at Halifax, then going straight to Jacksonville; and showing the path of my car, from Veracruz Mexico, through Jacksonville, Baltimore (where it is actually supposed to unload) and then to Chicago!
Font World Design Darkness Screenshot

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,543 Posts
Same. And, since there’s not much excitement of late, here’s a photo of some TYD wackiness. Which has started showing - as far as I can interpret the map - Siem Confucius stopping at Halifax, then going straight to Jacksonville; and showing the path of my car, from Veracruz Mexico, through Jacksonville, Baltimore (where it is actually supposed to unload) and then to Chicago!
View attachment 45577
I'm not sure how we survived the pre TYD era.... And yet all our cars eventually showed up and therapy was kept to a minimum. We have verified over the last year and a half TYD has had growing pains. That coupled with the uncertainty of the times, shipping schedules, tracking information, supply chain issues makes for a lot of guess work. Looking back it seems pre-TYD were the good times....
To the Waiters Club members good luck and practice your patience techniques. Therapy is good for the soul.... Your dreams will all come true and you'll be looking back saying to yourselves.... "What was all the fuss about?"

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
I'm not sure how we survived the pre TYD era.... And yet all our cars eventually showed up and therapy was kept to a minimum. We have verified over the last year and a half TYD has had growing pains. That coupled with the uncertainty of the times, shipping schedules, tracking information, supply chain issues makes for a lot of guess work. Looking back it seems pre-TYD were the good times....
To the Waiters Club members good luck and practice your patience techniques. Therapy is good for the soul.... Your dreams will all come true and you'll be looking back saying to yourselves.... "What was all the fuss about?"
All true. I think what makes this wait difficult is a combination of factors. First and foremost, of course, is the fact that what was once a relatively smooth and brief 90-day (give or take a few) process to obtain a new a Porsche sports car has become a 9-12 month marathon - longer for some.
That’s compounded by the fact that even that time frame isn’t certain - it varies all of the place and is driven by factors that are all beyond our control, and mostly beyond Porsche’s control - and who likes feeling out of control🙂?
Lastly, we’re in the Information Age, and so we’ve been been “blessed” with TYD. I don’t “blame” TYD specifically -I’m told it gets its schedule data from PVMS; but tech like this gives you a window into all of the above problems - one that you can look through WAY too often - I know many of us do. It just compounds whatever impatience we feel since it only serves to remind you countless times a week that - usually - nothing has happened! Without any indication of why, or when that “nothing happening” status might change.
It all makes me a little nostalgic for 2006/7, when I ordered my first Boxster. No TYD, never even got a PVMS screenshot; if sites like vesselfinder existed, I wasn’t aware - but I didn’t know what boat my car was on anyway; in fact, there was nothing but a very occasional call or email to my salesman.
So let me go all old school and low tech and say, “Land Ho!”. Siem Confucius is back on radar this morning, passing south of Newfoundland heading for Halifax.

3241 - 3260 of 3522 Posts