Porsche 718 Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3522 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Yes I’m breathing. I try to not get too high or too low , to use a phrase professional athletes like to spout.

I’m likening my 17 month (so far) time in the Waiters Group to travel, specifically international travel with one or more airplane flights and a hotel waiting at the end. You wait in a line, are excited when you are out of that line only to realize you will need to wait in another line and another and maybe another. You wait some more, get to where you need to be and are then told you can’t check in to your hotel, i.e just wait longer.
All is good the hotel has a bar you can wait in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe that bar is @Raven's couch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe that bar is @Raven's couch.
Haha, right now that bar is my deck and my drinking buddies are birds, squirrels, chipmunks and the odd weasel enjoying a chipmunk for lunch.

Speaking of weasels, I’m visiting the dealership on Monday to negotiate a price for my trade in a 987 Cayman S. Hate that part, not my forte to say the least.
Just kidding about the dealer being a weasel, my SA has been good so far, just using the stereotype for shits & giggles.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Haha, right now that bar is my deck and my drinking buddies are birds, squirrels, chipmunks and the odd weasel enjoying a chipmunk for lunch.

Speaking of weasels, I’m visiting the dealership on Monday to negotiate a price for my trade in a 987 Cayman S. Hate that part, not my forte to say the least.
Just kidding about the dealer being a weasel, my SA has been good so far, just using the stereotype for shits & giggles.

Sounds like a fabulous place to pass the time. My decision making skills were sadly substandard, as we sold our BS 13 months before our BGTS was delivered. I stupidly thought our new car would be delivered in 4 to 6 months...very painful lesson learned

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
Great that you’re on board and underway!

i wonder if that is some sort of hold on your vehicle causing the extra 2 weeks; your going into Davisville or Baltimore, right? Both pretty short trips especially if there’s no stop in Halifax. So I’d think you’ll have you’re car closer to the last scheduled date of 9/9, unless there’s a hold on it - which your dealer can confirm for you.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
151 Posts
Great that you’re on board and underway!

i wonder if that is some sort of hold on your vehicle causing the extra 2 weeks; your going into Davisville or Baltimore, right? Both pretty short trips especially if there’s no stop in Halifax. So I’d think you’ll have you’re car closer to the last scheduled date of 9/9, unless there’s a hold on it - which your dealer can confirm for you.
Not sure for what purpose but this vessel is making a stop in the Netherlands, due to port on Friday. Maybe that's the only hold up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure for what purpose but this vessel is making a stop in the Netherlands, due to port on Friday. Maybe that's the only hold up.
Looks like most ships stop to fuel up for the journey across the Atlantic. Glad to see you are finally on a ship, I will pour a glass and celebrate when it's finally delivered!

·
Registered
34 Posts
About to happily be out of waiters group!
After 21 months wait , 2 builds (first one totally destroyed in rough seas) the car arrived at dealer yesterday. I was coming back in town from business meeting and had to drop by lot. IT WAS THERE! Tyd still showed in Houston!
acouple of points to make everyone aware who is interested.
I speced red seatbelts- they are black
I did not spec red Guages. They are red.
Car has Dunlops . - great tire no doubt but my preference would be Michelins- I'm just a Michelin kinda dude.
SA said they are showing up with whatever they can get their hands on at time of production
Michelin Dunlop pirelli .
Now to give her good name
Pick up Friday when doors open!

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
I speced red seatbelts- they are black
I did not spec red Guages. They are red.

SA said they are showing up with whatever they can get their hands on at time of production
Michelin Dunlop pirelli .
Congratulations that round #2 made it

which interior did you order?

Standard interior - Partial leather
or the Leather / Race-Tex interior (where there's Chalk or Red accents)?

I wonder if something got input incorrectly on the re-order

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
331 Posts
I’m sure most ships using the port of Emden can refuel there, so I imagine the ro-ros can as well - never really thought about it. In fact, the LNG-powered ships like Siem Confucius can definitely fuel there, see the linked article - especially interesting as it seems to relate to the ship’s current voyage.
Debut at the Port of Emden: Ship-to-Ship Refueling with LNG

i would guess they are picking up cars from some other manufacturer that are also headed for North America, to fill out the load.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman T
257 Posts
I’m sure most ships using the port of Emden can refuel there, so I imagine the ro-ros can as well - never really thought about it. In fact, the LNG-powered ships like Siem Confucius can definitely fuel there, see the linked article - especially interesting as it seems to relate to the ship’s current voyage.
Debut at the Port of Emden: Ship-to-Ship Refueling with LNG

i would guess they are picking up cars from some other manufacturer that are also headed for North America, to fill out the load.
Yup, on this trip I saw the LNG tanker pull aside Siem Confucius and refuel it there at Emden

·
Registered
936 Posts
This process of waiting for an allocation is harder than I thought it would be. My Zen is failing me. 😒
tell me! I'm 7 1/2 months in on waiting list (2nd on list for a CGTS)

Its a debate whether the wait time for obtaining a new Porsche or a Sea Lion gestation period (350 days) is longer or not...

I'm not considering being in Waiters Club until I actually have an allocation / confirmation of order V170 >> V200

·
Registered
936 Posts
Leather racetex with red deviated stich.
Obviously got mixed up somehow
On the GTS Interior Pkg (GTS model of course) the tach color is Carmine Red w/ the red accents and Chalk tach w/ the chalk stitching
-on GT4 the gauges are black and white or red instrument dials are extra cost options

somebody got things mixed up on assembly line or the order wasn't input correctly @ dealer

3281 - 3300 of 3522 Posts