Porsche 718 Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 4056 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
155 Posts
Well - today was a step in a forward direction

Going from "pre waiter" into the Waiters Club

had a dealer from out of state reach out to me - allocation available from their stock. So I'd be moving to another dealer and dropping off the wait list with my local dealer

Got my configuration in with today which was the Order Freeze deadline - order accepted, but failed feasibility test
-will know on Monday what item is creating this matter

Allocation for 12/2022 build, estimated end of Jan 2023 delivery to dealer

CGTS - 6M
Carmine Red / Black - Bordeaux leather
Well holy cr-p! That's great news for you @Hal H congrats!

·
Registered
265 Posts
It appears my car was loaded onto the Hoegh Traveller 2 days ago in Maputo, Mozambique where it was offloaded 3 weeks ago by the Hoegh Asia which came from Bremerhaven. Believe it or not the Hoegh Traveller also came from Bremerhaven. Now on its way to Sydney to arrive 13 December. What a journey from when the car entered the factory on 10 July.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well - today was a step in a forward direction

Going from "pre waiter" into the Waiters Club

had a dealer from out of state reach out to me - allocation available from their stock. So I'd be moving to another dealer and dropping off the wait list with my local dealer

Got my configuration in with today which was the Order Freeze deadline - order accepted, but failed feasibility test
-will know on Monday what item is creating this matter

Allocation for 12/2022 build, estimated end of Jan 2023 delivery to dealer

CGTS - 6M
Carmine Red / Black - Bordeaux leather
That's very interesting that an out of state dealer would fill an allocation. When I called surrounding states I was told no way in **** due to demand and taking care of their local clients. I bet part of that is them not wanting to sell to someone that will not use them for oil changes and things like that.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That's very interesting that an out of state dealer would fill an allocation. When I called surrounding states I was told no way in **** due to demand and taking care of their local clients. I bet part of that is them not wanting to sell to someone that will not use them for oil changes and things like that.
I believe this was an allocation for dealer stock, as I was contacted a couple of days before the order would lock to get my build into the order
-part of the negotiations, I'm getting full front PPF (planned to do anyway) and the Premier Tire & Wheel Protection

smaller dealer in a smaller town, so trying to do a spec build and then wait for a buyer to take it would be a gamble on such an expensive model (CGTS)

With a GTS or GT4, I imagine many buyers are going to be pretty specific on what colors / interiors and options they're spec'd out with.

I know I certainly am -

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ugh, 11/18 on vessel used to be 11/1 on vessel, now moved another two weeks out to 12/02 on vessel. Not coming until Jan23. I'm officially bailing on Porsche.com as dates are useless and will wait of automated emails at each step. Good luck to you all with dates, hope yours don't move....
OK I'm officially addicted to looking. Today it's on a vessel (should have taken 13 more days), Siem Confucius showing about 640 miles away from Jacksonville Port according to TYD . Except it's not, according to Ship Atlas it's just outside of Emden heading to Rhode Island to be there on December 23rd (should be going to Jacksonville, FL), which make no sense as it took only 10 from RI to Emden.

Ce la vie, it's either moving or not, will look again on Friday. For all I know it will either be at the dealer or not even produced as it's still showing on Porsche.com. Wonder what my dealer sees as this is a bit screwy. Maybe when it finally is showing produced again I can grab the remaining pictures.....

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
OK I'm officially addicted to looking. Today it's on a vessel (should have taken 13 more days), Siem Confucius showing about 640 miles away from Jacksonville Port according to TYD . Except it's not, according to Ship Atlas it's just outside of Emden heading to Rhode Island to be there on December 23rd (should be going to Jacksonville, FL), which make no sense as it took only 10 from RI to Emden.

Ce la vie, it's either moving or not, will look again on Friday. For all I know it will either be at the dealer or not even produced as it's still showing on Porsche.com. Wonder what my dealer sees as this is a bit screwy. Maybe when it finally is showing produced again I can grab the remaining pictures.....
Sadly, it's just par for the TYD course. The good news is your spanking new steed will be there very, very soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: RobertM

·
Registered
23 BGTS 4.0 Guards Red, 6 spd manual, PASM,
9 Posts
On the surprise move, my CGTS got onboard of Siem Confucious yesterday (last ETA was ‘on vessel’ on Nov 25, so 4 days ahead of schedule) I hope all other shipmates GTSs on this board got on the same ship.as well.

Slope Font Plot Parallel Rectangle

Some maritime tracker puts this vessel at the davisville on Dec 1st but as of now, the ship is expected to be docked on Dec 4th.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts

Welcome to the group. We have support group meetings every Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and almost every Th/Fri/Sat, and twice on Sundays. They are usually held at 6a, 8a, 12p, 3p, 6pm, 8, 9, and 10pm. There is a cure. But it involves taking delivery of your new car. In the mean time, take deep breaths, and make sure to use the TYD hack to get all of your production pictures. (I had my final production picture hidden in the html.)

I'm not familiar with Ship Atlas, but most free tracking sites lose track after they leave sight of land, and restart when they get close to shore, a day or so before arriving at port. I personally attest to the advantages of the support group, but the best treatment was the 2hr drive I took today. :):cool:

Hang tough.

·
Registered
2023 GTS 4.0
14 Posts
On the surprise move, my CGTS got onboard of Siem Confucious yesterday (last ETA was ‘on vessel’ on Nov 25, so 4 days ahead of schedule) I hope all other shipmates GTSs on this board got on the same ship.as well.

View attachment 49920

Some maritime tracker puts this vessel at the davisville on Dec 1st but as of now, the ship is expected to be docked on Dec 4th.
Yup, I now see that mine went early on the 18th instead of 25th also on the Siem Confucious. These dates and this tracker are all over the place LOL

·
Registered
488 Posts
My '23 BB is on the Glovis Stella who is currently waiting her turn to go through the Panama Canal. Knowing my car is on there and that every day it's getting a little closer to being in my possession is just so exciting. Hopefully everything stays on schedule and it arrives on time. But I'd take an early Christmas miracle if it arrived early.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the group. We have support group meetings every Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and almost every Th/Fri/Sat, and twice on Sundays. They are usually held at 6a, 8a, 12p, 3p, 6pm, 8, 9, and 10pm. There is a cure. But it involves taking delivery of your new car. In the mean time, take deep breaths, and make sure to use the TYD hack to get all of your production pictures. (I had my final production picture hidden in the html.)

I'm not familiar with Ship Atlas, but most free tracking sites lose track after they leave sight of land, and restart when they get close to shore, a day or so before arriving at port. I personally attest to the advantages of the support group, but the best treatment was the 2hr drive I took today. :):cool:

Hang tough.
...and don't forget @Raven's couch is always available.

• Haha
Reactions: Raven and GregT

·
Registered
26 Posts

View attachment 49920

Font Line Parallel Magenta Diagram

Shipmates.

Though I'm crossing fingers for a Jan delivery, I'm out of state and would rather keep my holiday plans intact.

@GregT What is the hack? It's on the boat and I haven't gotten any pictures.

3961 - 3980 of 4056 Posts