3981 - 4000 of 4056 Posts

·
Registered
2023 GTS 4.0
14 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If your Porsche is currently on the Siem Confucius like mine, this is an interesting little read about it from 2020 when it entered service. Can you tell I’m going stir crazy?! LOL

my CGTS will arrive through Davisville since I my order changed to a dealer in NH that had allocation

·
Registered
2022 Cayman T
330 Posts
Where did you get your assembly pic on your profile? I found the other 2 of my car but don’t know where to find that one of it fully assembled?
I only got two, one with the wheels off and frunk open and another in the final step all done. I got them when the car arrived at Emden in an email and the full res images were on the website.

·
Registered
2023 GTS 4.0
14 Posts
I only got two, one with the wheels off and frunk open and another in the final step all done. I got them when the car arrived at Emden in an email and the full res images were on the website.
I got one of the assembly wheels off, a dark one somewhere along the line, but not a final pic like yours. Both I had to get off the website, never got an email. Guess that might come later, I know timing can vary…

·
Registered
74 Posts
Where did you get your assembly pic on your profile? I found the other 2 of my car but don’t know where to find that one of it fully assembled?
Three of mine showed in the app, the third a couple days after the first two. The final production pic never arrived. I had to use the hack described by post #6 in this thread:

The key was to use chrome.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Three of mine showed in the app, the third a couple days after the first two. The final production pic never arrived. I had to use the hack described by post #6 in this thread:

Here is the shorthand from Rennlist:

use Google Chrome on a desktop/laptop. Open your Porsche overview (the part where it shows x/4 steps, should also say Discover Phase). Right click anywhere and click Inspect. On the window that appears on the right look for the Network tab. Select that and then refresh the page. The Network tab will repopulate with a ton. of stuff. Scroll down the list till you see one that starts with the word orders. Click on that and then on the right side you should see an order number. Click the dropdown arrow to expand and then look for Production Images. Expand that and you should see all the images available. Expand those to look for a URL. Copy and paste the URL into a new window and voila.

·
Registered
CGTS 4.0 MY23
30 Posts
Another 2 weeks of slippage on TYD. Instead of estimating 11/25 at Checkpoint 8.0, now it's 12/09, a totally of 2 months of factory production time. Delivery date slipped from 01/06 to 01/27.

I really should've taken the other allocation another dealership has offered me as a backup. At this point I feel like something is seriously wrong at the Porsche factory and my car might not be produced at all. My car has been in-production since 10/10. How long have recent folks who got their CGTS produced have their car be in production (from step "Start Production" to step "CP 8.0" in TYD)?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another 2 weeks of slippage on TYD. Instead of estimating 11/25 at Checkpoint 8.0, now it's 12/09, a totally of 2 months of factory production time. Delivery date slipped from 01/06 to 01/27.

I really should've taken the other allocation another dealership has offered me as a backup. At this point I feel like something is seriously wrong at the Porsche factory and my car might not be produced at all. My car has been in-production since 10/10. How long have recent folks who got their CGTS produced have their car be in production (from step "Start Production" to step "CP 8.0" in TYD)?
It's been said by many that TYD should be killed as it causes more pain than help. You WILL get your car. You WILL love it. My base last year had a Jan TYD delivery,and after many many slippages, the car was delivered in June......

Hang in there, it will be worth it!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
It's been said by many that TYD should be killed as it causes more pain than help. You WILL get your car. You WILL love it. M sy base last year had a Jan TYD delivery,and after many many slippages, the car was delivered in June......

Hang in there, it'll be wortht it!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the encouragement:

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well after just over 18 months in the waiter's club! my time has nearly come. Collection is tomorrow morning! It's been a fun and enjoyable 18 months and will get even more fun from tomorrow!!!

If you're still waiting just be patient, your time will come! the whole world is still trying to catch up with itself and it takes time! shouting, screaming and constantly chasing your SA does nothing apart from make them not want to speak to you.... They also have absolutely no influence over when your car gets built!

Sit back and relax, it will happen, and it will be far more enjoyable!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well after just over 18 months in the waiter's club! my time has nearly come. Collection is tomorrow morning! It's been a fun and enjoyable 18 months and will get even more fun from tomorrow!!!

If you're still waiting just be patient, your time will come! the whole world is still trying to catch up with itself and it takes time! shouting, screaming and constantly chasing your SA does nothing apart from make them not want to speak to you.... They also have absolutely no influence over when your car gets built!

Sit back and relax, it will happen, and it will be far more enjoyable!!!
I agree with the part about not chasing your SA. I haven't asked my SA about my car since the freeze date. I have seen him a few dozen times since I am in the dealership on a weekly basis for business purposes but I haven't asked him about my car. The dealer principle has asked me a number of times how it's coming along and I simply report what I'm seeing on TYD. He too says not to worry and that the car will be here eventually and they'll take care of me once it does.

·
Registered
2002 Honda S2000
155 Posts
I agree with the part about not chasing your SA. I haven't asked my SA about my car since the freeze date. I have seen him a few dozen times since I am in the dealership on a weekly basis for business purposes but I haven't asked him about my car. The dealer principle has asked me a number of times how it's coming along and I simply report what I'm seeing on TYD. He too says not to worry and that the car will be here eventually and they'll take care of me once it does.
I shall continue to dream of things like freeze dates....or, you know....ALLOCATIONS even....all without hounding my SA....

·
Registered
488 Posts

I got tired of waiting for the photo of my car going onto the RoRo so I followed the instructions and found it in the web page elements. I used Safari and was still able to find the photo:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

its difficult to predict what will happen - if there were holdups with suppliers (electronics modules, brake parts, even something as ordinary as tires...) with just-in-time and the current circumstances.

·
Registered
293 Posts

I've been following this thread for 10 months now, and I've never seen a car go into production and not get delivered to the customer. The closest I've seen to a car not make it to its owner was when the car carrier sank and Porsche had to build them new cars. I'm sure it's frustrating to see the dates extend into the future, but have faith and try to put the car out of your mind until after the holidays, and it will be on its way to you shortly.

Thanks for the encouragement:

View attachment 50023
I used my holiday allocation wish to get my wife's Lexus, let's you're equally successful with your allocation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My car is already on the boat but I can't get the photos, I've inspected the element but none to be found. TYD says its on the boat but My Porsche is stuck on 2/4 Your vehicle is now scheduled for production, is that normal?

3981 - 4000 of 4056 Posts