Porsche 718 Forum banner
401 - 420 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
less than 30 days to go - It was due to go into CT Assembly tomorrow (V280)
Do I dare ring the dealer for an update on Monday?
I never called my SA during the process. That way I was pleasantly surprised when he called me and said my car was arriving two weeks early. I like surprises.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No longer a waiter! Took delivery this afternoon. Got my first car compliments within minutes of leaving the dealership. I stopped into a nearby store, and when I left a guy who had parked in front of me in a new SUV complimented her and informed me that “no fewer than five people have stopped to admire your car.” I said thanks and told him that I had literally just gotten her.

So far I’m extremely happy with the spec I chose. I’m loving the car in black, after originally toying with breaking my 17-year streak of choosing black cars by getting Night Blue instead. And I’m hugely glad I held out to get the Burmester I ordered. I’m very into Hi-Fi and knew I would always regret not getting the Burmester if I didn’t, but during the wait I was tempted a few times to jump the gun and settle for a car without it.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
Another beauty joins the fold! The word "Wow" comes to mind..... In the words of my ole grandpa "You done good kid!" Many years of enjoyment ahead..... (y)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Another beauty joins the fold! The word "Wow" comes to mind..... In the words of my ole grandpa "You done good kid!" Many years of enjoyment ahead..... (y)
Thanks, my friend! Yes, “Wow” was the first word that came to my mind when I finally saw her in the flesh. I was especially happy that I stuck with black. I’m sure I would be equally thrilled if I had gone with the blue, but, man, I love a good looking car in black.

So far the main quibble I have is trying to dial in a comfortable setting for the driver’s seat. I have the 14-way. The car I test drove had the standard 2-way and felt perfectly comfortable on my back. I’m hoping there’s not some major difference between the two types of seat that makes the 14-way a worse fit for me. On the other hand, assuming I can dial in the 14-way, I will be glad I have the memory function to preserve my perfect settings. The other thing I’m adjusting to is the quirks of Entry & Drive as applied to the trunks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does the entry and drive include or exclude the frunk/trunk? I know it had it before and then it was removed. Is it back? The "waive your hand to open" function?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does the entry and drive include or exclude the frunk/trunk? I know it had it before and then it was removed. Is it back? The "waive your hand to open" function?
Mine does because it is one of the last of the MY 2021s. But I have read here on the forum that 2022s will exclude the trunks. And it might not be that big of a loss since I’m finding the feature to be less user friendly than the versions on other car makes. Especially on the back trunk (which I like to call the “brunk”), I haven’t yet gotten the hang of closing the lid, which seems to require two hands and pressing down heavily, all the better for leaving fingerprints on the paint. Also, apparently opening a trunk after locking the doors re-unlocks the doors. So if you get something out of a trunk after you park, you must remember to lock the doors afterwards, either by touching the handle or using the key fob button.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interesting stuff about how it works (or doesn't work). I was watching the videos on Porsche's web site yesterday on it. Oh, and they say to either use the palm of one hand in the center of the Frunk or Brunk (I like that term btw), or use two hand's worth of fingertips (and the aforementioned finger PRINTS!). I HATE that all Pcars require you to put your paws on the paint. I have spent a lifetime teaching spouses/kids/etc NOT to touch the paint! Oh well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Interesting stuff about how it works (or doesn't work). I was watching the videos on Porsche's web site yesterday on it. Oh, and they say to either use the palm of one hand in the center of the Frunk or Brunk (I like that term btw), or use two hand's worth of fingertips (and the aforementioned finger PRINTS!). I HATE that all Pcars require you to put your paws on the paint. I have spent a lifetime teaching spouses/kids/etc NOT to touch the paint! Oh well.
I will have to try the one palm method. I feel the same way about paws on paint. Will just have to get used to it I guess.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just be sure not to push on the Porsche crest on the hood. Maybe people think that's where you're supposed to push and it hides fingerprints. But it also could cause the emblem to come off, which is worse that fingerprints. ;-)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just be sure not to push on the Porsche crest on the hood. Maybe people think that's where you're supposed to push and it hides fingerprints. But it also could cause the emblem to come off, which is worse that fingerprints. ;-)
Good to know! At the dealership, I was actually told TO push on it. But I will avoid it. Anyway, on Tuesday I’m getting ceramic coat applied. Maybe the ceramic will ease my concern about constantly touching the paint.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
Call me a compulsive extrovert...... Please don't. We're all friends here. I have a box (500 count) of white cotton gloves I keep in the Bumblebee frunk box. I keep about 10 in the driver door storage bin. I also have a box in my garage that I use when I don't want to open the car to close the trunk/frunks. These are my "closing" gloves to protect the finish for trunk/frunk activities.

I want to thank the forum.... I was doing the frunk wrong by thinking I was being really cool pressing the crest. I'm never to old learn something..... Thank you! Plus the Box has a 5 year ceramic coating just for that added protection. :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
Good to know! At the dealership, I was actually told TO push on it. But I will avoid it. Anyway, on Tuesday I’m getting ceramic coat applied. Maybe the ceramic will ease my concern about constantly touching the paint.
We think so much alike! lol.

Reactions: Tulkinghorn

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok, I'm nuts, but you guys are making me feel sane! White gloves? I'm not gonna say that's a bad idea, but I'm sure the person in your passenger seat gives you grief every time you pull one out. Hmm, if I could just get my better half to wear them all the time to eliminate MAKEUP fingerprints on her sun visor mirror, door handle, dashboard, etc. LOL

Oh, and for the record, I try to have a microfiber in hand when closing my frunk; see, I'm insane too.

401 - 420 of 503 Posts