Porsche 718 Forum banner
421 - 440 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
505 Posts
ok, I'm nuts, but you guys are making me feel sane! White gloves? I'm not gonna say that's a bad idea, but I'm sure the person in your passenger seat gives you grief every time you pull one out. Hmm, if I could just get my better half to wear them all the time to eliminate MAKEUP fingerprints on her sun visor mirror, door handle, dashboard, etc. LOL

Oh, and for the record, I try to have a microfiber in hand when closing my frunk; see, I'm insane too.
You're supposed to put a someone in the passenger seat? Maybe that's why none of my marriages worked out. Of course all those relationships were pre-cellular so I didn't get the call "You left me at home!"
To take my "glove" system a step further: I also have a box of surgical blue gloves used for treating roadside victims (I drove I-95 Fort Lauderdale-Miami daily) in the Bumblebee frunk box. Can't be too careful with blood contamination these days.
You should probably avoid showing your better half this blog. You might be riding solo like I do! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2021 Boxster Order Placed ETA August 2021 (DD)
202 Posts
Congratulations!!! Looks beautiful for sure! May you drive many miles and may the joy increase exponentially!
Regarding the gloves, how do you guys feel about wearing driving gloves and using those? lol, I was thinking of keeping a microfibre cloth as well… ah the comfort of fellows with similar sanities 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
505 Posts
I use open tip leather driving gloves. It keeps my palms, which sweat down here in Florida, from staining the leather steering wheel.I have micro fiber cloth everywhere now. The side pockets, frunk, garage, even different places around the inside of my house.

Reactions: Mraza4442

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just be sure not to push on the Porsche crest on the hood. Maybe people think that's where you're supposed to push and it hides fingerprints. But it also could cause the emblem to come off, which is worse that fingerprints. ;-)
I've pushed on the emblem and and slammed the rear hatch by grabbing the inside hand grab for almost 3 years and nothing has fallen off or failed. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You're supposed to put a someone in the passenger seat? Maybe that's why none of my marriages worked out. Of course all those relationships were pre-cellular so I didn't get the call "You left me at home!"
lol
To take my "glove" system a step further: I also have a box of surgical blue gloves used for treating roadside victims (I drove I-95 Fort Lauderdale-Miami daily) in the Bumblebee frunk box. Can't be too careful with blood contamination these days.
How often does that happen?!

You should probably avoid showing your better half this blog. You might be riding solo like I do! :ROFLMAO:
I made her so nuts with where to park my 911 that she prefers we take my Audi when we go places. I'm fine with that!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
505 Posts
lol

How often does that happen?!

I made her so nuts with where to park my 911 that she prefers we take my Audi when we go places. I'm fine with that!
Adam: Unfortunatly the I 95 corridor between Fort Lauderdale and Miami is a wrecking ground. Then there's the Turnpike from Miami to the top of the Keys. On the average I'd come across a major accident bi-weekly. My military training came in handy. Stabilize the patient; stop the bleeding; keep in the shade as much as possible (hard to do in South Florida) and hydrate if necessary.
I used the Audi ploy also. Got her (1st wife) an Audi Fox. I drove the Cobra which was an open two seater and messed her hair.....
Great minds think alike!

Reactions: Graustark

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea, she's never even sat in my Cobra in the garage - when the side pipes were even cool! lol

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,402 Posts
I also have fingerless driving gloves, but they are always left in the glove compartment to eliminate going back up and getting them whenever I get in the car. I have ceramic coating on my car so I just wipe remaining fingerprints from closing with ... my fingers! ;-) But carrying a small microfiber cloth would be better. Another thing I have, for when I don't want E&D to work (like while washing my car, wiping off bugs, etc.) is a Faraday pouch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have fingerless driving gloves, but they are always left in the glove compartment to eliminate going back up and getting them whenever I get in the car. I have ceramic coating on my car so I just wipe remaining fingerprints from closing with ... my fingers! ;-) But carrying a small microfiber cloth would be better. Another thing I have, for when I don't want E&D to work (like while washing my car, wiping off bugs, etc.) is a Faraday pouch.
I haven’t tried it yet, but apparently you can temporarily disable E&D by holding down the key fob lock button while also pressing the unlock button. I just hope I remember this each time BEFORE I start washing my Cayman rather than during.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,402 Posts
I haven’t tried it yet, but apparently you can temporarily disable E&D by holding down the key fob lock button while also pressing the unlock button. I just hope I remember this each time BEFORE I start washing my Cayman rather than during.
Yes, the Good to Know app describes that in detail. The way they word it seems to imply that it could be used as a defense against those folks who find ways to record your car's remote signal to unlock your car for illicit purposes, which is one reason folks who don't want E&D often cite for not getting it.

Personally, I don't use my car for chores or shopping, etc., so the only time I would need it is when my local PCA meets at restaurants. I may try it sometime. So far, 2.5 years in, I've never actually pushed any of the buttons on either of my key fobs.

Reactions: Tulkinghorn

·
Registered
91 Posts
update from the dealer - gone back 3 weeks :( - not due to finish production now until 30th July and then it looks like it might get caught up in the August month long shut down as nothing is scheduled until September

·
Registered
99 Posts
update from the dealer - gone back 3 weeks :( - not due to finish production now until 30th July and then it looks like it might get caught up in the August month long shut down as nothing is scheduled until September
Ugh. So sorry to hear that. Hang in there. I can assure you that when the great day comes it will have been worth the wait. And there’s always hope for a pleasant surprise. My own build kept getting pushed back, first from June to the end of July and then into mid-late August. But then it jumped ahead, and I’m driving her now. So it turned out to be only about a month past the original schedule rather than 2-3 months. Hoping for a similar pleasant surprise for you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks @Tulkinghorn - The roller coaster continues- Originally it was Sept/Oct, then it was Nov/Dec, then Aug/Sept!!
Definitely will be worth the wait - just a shame as the UK weather is so good at the moment; crying out for open top driving!!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
505 Posts
Thanks @Tulkinghorn - The roller coaster continues- Originally it was Sept/Oct, then it was Nov/Dec, then Aug/Sept!!
Definitely will be worth the wait - just a shame as the UK weather is so good at the moment; crying out for open top driving!!
I wonder if the serious flooding/weather in Germany is having an effect on the production schedule? My prayers are for the victims, familys and friends. It is devistating. Just reflecting on how stressful it was when my build was pushed back several weeks. Seems lame compared to the present situation. Rent a Porsche and enjoy that good weather or see if your SA can provide a loaner for a few days. Stay safe all!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, really? That's crazy. From what I'm reading, it does seem like things have been moving up. Let's hope the shortages/supply chain issues/vacations/plagues/floods etc level off soon!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I have good news and sad news.

I have been waiting since March for an allocation for a Boxster GTS - my dealer called today and announced they had an allocation for December delivery.

At the same time they also have an allocation for a 911 Carrera. I had been playing around with various configurations and had saved a build for a 911 that came in at the same price as the GTS - around $110,000.

I plan on leasing the car and the residual value of the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so I will save quite a bit of money on the lease payments by choosing the 911.

Both are great cars and its been a lot of fun dreaming of driving a Porsche and finally it's going to happen but not quite the way I had planned.

When I had to make the decision and confirm my order I chose the 911 !!!!

Looking forward to the PEC delivery and the Porsche experience.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I have good news and sad news.

I have been waiting since March for an allocation for a Boxster GTS - my dealer called today and announced they had an allocation for December delivery.

At the same time they also have an allocation for a 911 Carrera. I had been playing around with various configurations and had saved a build for a 911 that came in at the same price as the GTS - around $110,000.

I plan on leasing the car and the residual value of the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so I will save quite a bit of money on the lease payments by choosing the 911.

Both are great cars and its been a lot of fun dreaming of driving a Porsche and finally it's going to happen but not quite the way I had planned.

When I had to make the decision and confirm my order I chose the 911 !!!!

Looking forward to the PEC delivery and the Porsche experience.
Wow! sounds great. And sounds like someone has an open allocation...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'M IN! GOT V200! Now, if the dealer has a V200 number and build sheet, what am I asking for in order to see all the future "V" dates?
Congrats! The dealer should provide you with the official Porsche Build Sheet. Took them a few hours to provide it to me after I was informed of the allocation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'M IN! GOT V200! Now, if the dealer has a V200 number and build sheet, what am I asking for in order to see all the future "V" dates?
Congrats! During my build, whenever I requested an update my salesman would send me by e-mail a screenshot of what the Porsche system showed him. It would list out all the “V” dates right down to “dealer inventory” and give the expected date for everything, along with the actual dates for steps that already occurred.

421 - 440 of 477 Posts