Porsche 718 Forum banner
441 - 460 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats! The dealer should provide you with the official Porsche Build Sheet. Took them a few hours to provide it to me after I was informed of the allocation.
Yup, have it.

Congrats! During my build, whenever I requested an update my salesman would send me by e-mail a screenshot of what the Porsche system showed him. It would list out all the “V” dates right down to “dealer inventory” and give the expected date for everything, along with the actual dates for steps that already occurred.
Nope, don't have that. I requested it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
505 Posts
Welcome to our madness. You're at the right place!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's my info. Looks like I won't be seeing this thing until x-mas eve. Maybe I'll be able to track it on Santa's Radar rather than the ship tracking software sites.

Capture.JPG

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,402 Posts
Well, there is hope yet. My V900 dates were 01/04/2019, 12/28/2018, and actual delivery, 12/21/2018. That's after the ship spent a week off the Azores and another four days going in circles off Davisville!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here's my info. Looks like I won't be seeing this thing until x-mas eve. Maybe I'll be able to track it on Santa's Radar rather than the ship tracking software sites.

View attachment 33296 View attachment 33296
Congrats on getting your allocation locked in! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a pleasant surprise like I did by having your build come in ahead of the predicted schedule. Maybe you’ll have lots to be thankful for by Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I had a talk with my SA and he basically told me there was realistically zero chance I can get a Spyder before next spring or summer. He suggested a 992 instead. I don't know.

I think I'll go a different route and just trade up my 458 for a spider from those guys. That scratches that itch. I want a convertible and set a goal for myself of having that done (in the garage and ready to use) by March.

I've asked him to see about moving me to the GT4RS list instead. Maybe that will be my first 718 finally!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are other dealers getting allocations.
Yeah, it would be nice if there was a way to track that. There are hundreds of dealerships so it's basically not possible unless you want to hire someone to call all of them.

Maybe an interesting little business for someone to start. I'd pay for that. Heck I'd pay a little over list at this point also given that the next interesting car that fits this particular use case is way more expensive anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's the production schedule for my 2022 6spd manual BGTS. Build should be complete tomorrow! Anyone know what 'CT vehicles' means? Looks like it may arrive a week early. Really looking forward to the first drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's the production schedule for my 2022 6spd manual BGTS. Build should be complete tomorrow! Anyone know what 'CT vehicles' means? Looks like it may arrive a week early. Really looking forward to the first drive.
Custom Tailoring

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. So glad I found this thread. I put in my deposit for a 718 Cayman on Sunday and was notified on Wednesday that I have been allocated! My expected delivery date is 12/24 with my car entering production at the end of October. I can't wait :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello everyone. So glad I found this thread. I put in my deposit for a 718 Cayman on Sunday and was notified on Wednesday that I have been allocated! My expected delivery date is 12/24 with my car entering production at the end of October. I can't wait :)
WOW did you get lucky! What model Cayman? Base? S? GTS? GT4?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats!!!! Enjoy the wait. It can be maddening at times but totally worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW did you get lucky! What model Cayman? Base? S? GTS? GT4?
I didn't realize how lucky I was until reading this thread. I'm getting a base in Race Yellow. It's always been a dream of mine to own a Porsche and I still can't believe it's going to come true, in 5 months at least :D.

I'm hoping there's no delays. Last time I ordered a car was a MINI Cooper S in 2011, just before the Tsunami that hit Japan. My 4-6 week delivery took 3 months. And now I see there has been flooding in Germany :eek:

441 - 460 of 477 Posts