Porsche 718 Forum banner
501 - 520 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
@PageyG
Looks so good - Enjoy
I'm at 8 month wait already and the latest update isn't good - Factory shutdown, so new ETA is mid October :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm excited to see when people finally receive their Porsches and leave the waiter's club, but also quite jealous. I hope my delivery stays on track for the end of December. :)

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm excited to see when people finally receive their Porsches and leave the waiter's club, but also quite jealous. I hope my delivery stays on track for the end of December. :)
As mentioned b4 I changed my order from a BGTS to a Carrera and my scheduled delivery has moved from December 9 to November 28
🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
34 Posts
As mentioned b4 I changed my order from a BGTS to a Carrera and my scheduled delivery has moved from December 9 to November 28
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Seems like a drastic way of getting a car earlier don’t you think? My son says I should put a deposit down on a GT4 and a Carrera as well as currently waiting on an allocation for a Cayman GTS. I just feel I would be compromising what I actually want, just for the sake of an earlier delivery? Just my opining though!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Well, I'm finally properly in the queue with a real commission number for the car I originally wanted (Spyder). I almost put in an order for a 992S instead to get something by Spring, but it looks like I will maybe have a Spyder by Dec instead!

I had time today on a day OOO to spend the time needed to get it done, before giving in and just taking the 992. I'm glad I put that last bit of effort. Car shows as delivery in Dec. Hopefully they will have all the parts they need to get it done. Even a 2-3 month delay would be fine anyway, as long as I can get the car by end of winter.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Thanks I'm very much looking forward to it, my first Porsche as a 50th birthday present to myself - thinking it will look like this, so far

View attachment 34094
It's good to set goals..... She's a beauty..... And only 253 days until May 15th. Just don't try holding your breath!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It's good to set goals..... She's a beauty..... And only 253 days until May 15th. Just don't try holding your breath!
Been holding my breath so long I’m turning Gentian Blue. Hopefully I don’t croak before our GTS is ordered.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Silver wheels on Gentian looks tremendous. Congratulations, you have a very classy build!

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T Shark Blue Allocation (Dec ‘21 build) 2020 Macan S Chalk (Nov 2019-Aug 2021)
2 Posts
I was able to get an allocation for a 2022 718 Boxster T and it’s only been 2 weeks and I am not doing well with the wait. Seems like I’m not the only one, glad I found this thread. I’m too excited and nervous about how the shark blue will look since I haven’t seen it person.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I was able to get an allocation for a 2022 718 Boxster T and it’s only been 2 weeks and I am not doing well with the wait. Seems like I’m not the only one, glad I found this thread. I’m too excited and nervous about how the shark blue will look since I haven’t seen it person.
Congrats! When will your car be built?

If you are near a VW dealership, you should be able to find a shark blue car there. I think they call it cornflower blue. I found a few at our local VW dealers when I was deciding on my own build.

Of course it's not the same as seeing it on a Boxster, but at least you can get a good sense of how the paint looks in different lights and also at night.

·
Registered
2022 718 Boxster T Shark Blue Allocation (Dec ‘21 build) 2020 Macan S Chalk (Nov 2019-Aug 2021)
2 Posts
Congrats! When will your car be built?

If you are near a VW dealership, you should be able to find a shark blue car there. I think they call it cornflower blue. I found a few at our local VW dealers when I was deciding on my own build.

Of course it's not the same as seeing it on a Boxster, but at least you can get a good sense of how the paint looks in different lights and also at night.
Right now looking at a December build with a tentative delivery at the end of Jan 2022. SA said he is going to try and see if the build date can be moved up to Nov 2021 which might give us a Dec 2021 delivery but I’d be fine with a January delivery.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I would 100% have driven the Boxster today if mine existed. :( I‘ve got two other cars in the shop and the Alfa is sold now, so now I’m getting impatient.

I‘m also beginning to realize my SA maybe exaggerated when he called mine a Sept build. It doesn’t lock until 27 Sept. So really it’s an early October build I guess?

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,472 Posts
I‘m also beginning to realize my SA maybe exaggerated when he called mine a Sept build. It doesn’t lock until 27 Sept. So really it’s an early October build I guess?
Yep, but a month delay these days doesn't seem unusual. My car was built on Nov. 8 and arrived by Dec. 21, fyi.

Reactions: nova996

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
I would 100% have driven the Boxster today if mine existed. :( I‘ve got two other cars in the shop and the Alfa is sold now, so now I’m getting impatient.

As far as I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to delivery date. So many variables. My boxster had a delivery date of June 14th. Arrived May 28th. That's why the "waiters club" is so active. We all needed a place to vent our spleen.... lol...

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
As far as I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to delivery date. So many variables. My boxster had a delivery date of June 14th. Arrived May 28th. That's why the "waiters club" is so active. We all needed a place to vent our spleen.... lol...
Yes, I appreciate the opportunity to vent. The cars in service will be back probably by 3rd week of Sept, so I'll just enjoy them and try to put this one out of my mind until at least Dec 1.

Fat chance.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just spoke to both dealers where we've been first on their BGTS allocation lists since mid-May...still nothing ...:cry:.

501 - 520 of 573 Posts