Porsche 718 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just spoke to both dealers where we've been first on their BGTS allocation lists since mid-May...still nothing ...:cry:.
Does Porsche as a company (exclusive of dealers) shut down and go on holiday for a a few weeks during the summer? This is NOT encouraging to hear to say the least! My dealer that I am waiting with said they “should” be getting some allocations in another month and a half. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to this process!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does Porsche as a company (exclusive of dealers) shut down and go on holiday for a a few weeks during the summer?
Certainly the factory does; for most of August I believe, hence why I'm still waiting for my Boxster that was due on 13th August - now scheduled for 8th October.

A lot of continental Europe have dedicated shutdowns in the summer - If you time in wrong in France, the roads are bonkers busy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Certainly the factory does; for most of August I believe, hence why I'm still waiting for my Boxster that was due on 13th August - now scheduled for 8th October.

A lot of continental Europe have dedicated shutdowns in the summer - If you time in wrong in France, the roads are bonkers busy!
June through August are school vacation times in Germany, Austria, France, etc., hence the factory slow downs and the bonkers traffic on the autobahns and highways going south. Pre COVID you literally had 40 Mill people on the move with planes, trains, and automobiles. When I worked there you would get almost nothing done, because people were on vacation, incl. myself, and there were no back up people for contracts, legal, finance, etc.

So, the company essentially shut down and we'd pack up the kids and fly to the U.S. for vacay, as it was less crowded, no bonkers traffic, and cheaper.:cool:

Reactions: Graustark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just spoke to both dealers where we've been first on their BGTS allocation lists since mid-May...still nothing ...:cry:.
Aw that sucks. Hang in there! September is almost here and the factories should be back up again :) One positive is that VW is likely to prioritize the higher margin vehicles in terms of managing the semiconductor shortage. That should ensure Porsche gets appropriate supply.

FWIW, I was told my order got locked earlier as Porsche was seeking to manage the supply chain issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow tree, I just don’t understand that. I was on a waiting list early in May and got my allocation later that month… two buyers searching at about the same time with two very different results. Have you tried going north to dfw or south to Houston?

edit: on second thought, maybe I was on the allocation list in April. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thought I'd give an update on my build. Prior to the summer shut down, my freeze date was set for Sept 07th and projected to have been at the retailers for Nov 5th. It's now shifted to a Planned Date for V250 of 17.09 but Expected Date of 22.10. Until today's update the Planned and Expected Dates were both the same.

It's still showing a Planned date of 05.11 for it arriving at the retailer but and Expected Date of 03.12. I was informed that mine seems to be the exception in regards to getting pushed back and I've asked if it was due to me changing my dash trim from black alu to carbon but he believes that shouldn't have made a difference.

Fingers crossed this is just Porsche adjusting timings now that they are back from holiday and it creeps up a bit once they get under way!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
wow tree, I just don’t understand that. I was on a waiting list early in May and got my allocation later that month… two buyers searching at about the same time with two very different results. Have you tried going north to dfw or south to Houston?

edit: on second thought, maybe I was on the allocation list in April. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks, I called every dealer in Texas and ~40 others from coast to coast. In hind sight, I should have placed my name on every list, not just the two that claimed I'd be next.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Emailed, texted, and called my 3 dealers/SAs as well and was told that allocations for September et al. should come out very soon. Not too encouraging, I'd say, and I'm 3rd on lists.

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Emailed, texted, and called my 3 dealers/SAs as well and was told that allocations for September et al. should come out very soon. Not too encouraging, I'd say, and I'm 3rd on lists.
Good luck! I hope you snag one in September.

Sadly, both of my SA's claimed they weren't expecting any new 718 allocations until early in the last Quarter. Still not holding my breath, but perhaps I'll get to place an order in October for a January or February delivery :whistle:.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good luck! I hope you snag one in September.

Sadly, both of my SA's claimed they weren't expecting any new 718 allocations until early in the last Quarter. Still not holding my breath, but perhaps I'll get to place an order in October for a January or February delivery :whistle:.
Hope you/we do!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update on my '22 BGTS order - car was due to dealer on Sept. 10. Called today for status and SA told me it has moved to Oct 1 due to the problem with obtaining computer chips, specifically "Porsche is now adjusting their production to obtaining the chips needed to complete the new Porsche models". Not sure what the ramification of that statement is vis a vis other models, timing of other orders, etc. but my guess is that all '22 deliveries are being pushed back.

We'll see about the 10.1 date. Not holding my breath......

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I didn’t know that “track my dream” works via the My Porsche app for the 718 also! It was added to my Porsche account today. Now I can stop harassing my SA. :)

Estimated production start is Nov 12. I originally signed up for a “September allocation“ but I found out soon that it was actually an October build. Then it was delayed into November.

Reactions: Graustark

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I didn’t know that “track my dream” works via the My Porsche app for the 718 also! It was added to my Porsche account today. Now I can stop harassing my SA. :)

Estimated production start is Nov 12. I originally signed up for a “September allocation“ but I found out soon that it was actually an October build. Then it was delayed into November.
My car is in V250 phase and should be 260 today.
I hope Track My Dream shows up in my profile.
What does it look like?
Where does it show up?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Update from the dealer today. The production block is off and things are moving again. Should be a couple of weeks 😃😃😃

·
Registered
286 Posts
Update from the dealer today. The production block is off and things are moving again. Should be a couple of weeks 😃😃😃
Thanks for the update. Waiting to hear from my SA who is looking to see what might be the reason I was delayed so hope to hear the same news you have been given. (y)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, I called every dealer in Texas and ~40 others from coast to coast. In hind sight, I should have placed my name on every list, not just the two that claimed I'd be next.
I called most dealers in Texas and ended up on 3rd place on 3 lists - riiiiight! I think it's just a place holder that doesn't mean much.

For the good news. I think things are moving again, as dealers are getting cars again.

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
My car is in V250 phase and should be 260 today.
I hope Track My Dream shows up in my profile.
What does it look like?
Where does it show up?
It's under "My Porsche"... They seems to show about 14-15 steps of production, and where you are in the timeline, as well as expected dates for each phase:

Organism Slope Font Terrestrial plant Astronomical object
Organism Slope Font Terrestrial plant Astronomical object

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Track your Dream" just got added to my account yesterday too! So exciting to have something to look at during the long wait. Just 31 days left until the freeze point for me 🤗.

Unfortunately my delivery date got bumped by a week :(

521 - 540 of 573 Posts