Porsche 718 Forum banner
541 - 560 of 573 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
"Track your Dream" just got added to my account yesterday too! So exciting to have something to look at during the long wait. Just 31 days left until the freeze point for me 🤗.

Unfortunately my delivery date got bumped by a week :(
Yes this Tracker is a huge improvement. I have 1m 2d 11h and 38m to my freeze point. :D

I've only looked at that 3 times today.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Yes this Tracker is a huge improvement. I have 1m 2d 11h and 38m to my freeze point. :D

I've only looked at that 3 times today.
I don't think we (previous Waiters) had that feature. But we sure logged a lot of "tracking vessel" time. I think I have 15 knots embedded in my memory banks .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ooh. Am I missing something. What’s this “my Porsche” thing?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Ooh. Am I missing something. What’s this “my Porsche” thing?
At the least on the US site, there are two ways to reach this. Either on the menu at Porsche.com/usa, or via the MyPorscheEssentials app.

Hopefully it's there for your region as well. Apparently before you couldn't use that to track 718 orders (but it was working for 992 and Taycan orders). Now it seems they have some version of a tracker working for 718 orders as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Update! So my boxster was suppose to enter the body shop (V260) on 9/3/2021 but the actual date is 9/9/2021. Looks like they are running a week late off the Tracking sheet! My baby is conceived!

·
Registered
62 Posts
V200 here for a Boxster. Just got the email from Porsche for tracking milestones- pretty cool!
11/09 is my freeze date
11/19 scheduled for production
12/03 start production
12/10 production complete
12/17 port arrival at Emden
12/31 on vessel
1/21 Jacksonville FL port arrival/enroute to dealer
1/28 arrives at my dealer in NC

·
Registered
22 Posts
At the least on the US site, there are two ways to reach this. Either on the menu at Porsche.com/usa, or via the MyPorscheEssentials app.

Hopefully it's there for your region as well. Apparently before you couldn't use that to track 718 orders (but it was working for 992 and Taycan orders). Now it seems they have some version of a tracker working for 718 orders as well.
Am I correct- this app doesn't look like it's availble for Android?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got a firm BGTS 4.0 allocation / build to my specs from one of my dealers here in Houston and put a deposit down. I was angling for a CGTS, but alas, this will do :cool: and wife is happy. I was on 4 lists, good god, as well as talking to two other SAs out of state. I switched gears from a CGTS to a BGTS after a SA at Porsche Plano called me after I had inquired on a CGTS and said they required a $10K premium over MSRP for the GTSs, since they were so popular and rarefied?????? Told him .... yeah, but NO.

So I thought it was time to pull the trigger on the BGTS! It's V200 status with

12.2.21 as freeze date
1/6 build starting
delivery to dealer/ME end of February

I am VERY EXITED! Here a pic of the build.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
157 Posts

12.2.21 as freeze date
1/6 build starting

Hey, congrats! I know you've put so much effort into this! I'm glad you finally have a path.

Reactions: Moin66

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I just got a firm BGTS 4.0 allocation / build to my specs from one of my dealers here in Houston and put a deposit down. I was angling for a CGTS, but alas, this will do :cool: and wife is happy. I was on 4 lists, good god, as well as talking to two other SAs out of state. I switched gears from a CGTS to a BGTS after a SA at Porsche Plano called me after I had inquired on a CGTS and said they required a $10K premium over MSRP for the GTSs, since they were so popular and rarefied?????? Told him .... yeah, but NO.

12.2.21 as freeze date
1/6 build starting

View attachment 34572
Congrats! Was this a new allocation received by the dealership?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, congrats! I know you've put so much effort into this! I'm glad you finally have a path.
Thank you, sir. Yes, I did, although my wife’s response was - finally, you’re done. I was, no no no, it’s just starting! Will still pine for the CGTS, though! 😀

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Thank you, sir. Yes, I did, although my wife’s response was - finally, you’re done. I was, no no no, it’s just starting! Will still pine for the CGTS, though! 😀
OK, not to throw a wrench into this, but you said $10k was the ADM on the CGTS (for what build month?). If you buy the Boxster and then end up buying the CGTS anyway, that will probably cost you more than $10k :)

I've done that so many times with cars and camera lenses and music equipment over the years :D

Reactions: Moin66

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, not to throw a wrench into this, but you said $10k was the ADM on the CGTS (for what build month?). If you buy the Boxster and then end up buying the CGTS anyway, that will probably cost you more than $10k :)

I've done that so many times with cars and camera lenses and music equipment over the years :D
Haha, but no. There was no build month for the CGTS, since they didn't have any allocations. It was just to get on the list and pay up once they got an allocation. No idea how long that could have taken? Done that with music equipment and car as well, but I will strive to love it. Happy wife, happy life, as they say. But, if I hate it, I'll just trade it in. Only live once and I am not getting any younger, so as my kids say - whatever.;)

Reactions: Raven

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Haha, but no. There was no build month for the CGTS, since they didn't have any allocations. It was just to get on the list and pay up once they got an allocation. No idea how long that could have taken? Done that with music equipment and car as well, but I will strive to love it. Happy wife, happy life, as they say. But, if I hate it, I'll just trade it in. Only live once and I am not getting any younger, so as my kids say - whatever.;)
Oh, gosh, I would definitely not agree to an ADM without a firm build date. That's GT3 or Ferrari stuff. No way.

Well, I hope you love it. I was anti-convertible for all of my car life until my first Miata opened my eyes on that. This will be my first Porsche convertible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh, gosh, I would definitely not agree to an ADM without a firm build date. That's GT3 or Ferrari stuff. No way.

Well, I hope you love it. I was anti-convertible for all of my car life until my first Miata opened my eyes on that. This will be my first Porsche convertible.
I will and I hear you. I had a MX-5 when we lived in Europe in early 2000s for a few years - loved it, although always felt that my head would have been first on the pavement, if that car had ever flipped. I am 6'3" and I could barely shift in that car, but it was worth every cent. The kids loved riding shotgun, music blasting, curvy roads in Germany's backcountry. Same here with first Porsche convertible.

Reactions: nova996

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Congrats! Was this a new allocation received by the dealership?

12.2.21 as freeze date
1/6 build starting

View attachment 34572
That's fantastic news...congratulations!

Like @mj7801, do you know if this was a recently released allocation?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's fantastic news...congratulations!

Like @mj7801, do you know if this was a recently released allocation?
Yes, I am exited. Concerning release date, yes, more or less, as it was released about a month (?) ago. This is based on when I first talked to SA, but could have been that they knew it was coming, so could have been just 2 weeks ago? The freeze date is 12/2, start of build date early January (probably after xmas and New Years vacations), and delivery end of February. SA told me that they are pulling whatever they can from early next year production allocations. Hope that helps?

541 - 560 of 573 Posts