Porsche 718 Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
What are "ultimate cup holders?" The Cayman cupholders look like a) an engineering triumph and b) they've never ridden in a car with anyone in America.
He offers a PCA discount too, nice guy. I obviously haven’t tried them yet, but it seems most have liked them.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
He offers a PCA discount too, nice guy. I obviously haven’t tried them yet, but it seems most have liked them.
I can’t believe that they are still around. I know it’s been at least 20 years since I bought my first ultimate cupholders. They are also the ones who introduced me to Facom. They go waaaaay back in the BMWCCA and PCA communities.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,139 Posts
What are "ultimate cup holders?" The Cayman cupholders look like a) an engineering triumph and b) they've never ridden in a car with anyone in America.
LOL! Not sure how to break this to you but..... You purchased a "Sports Car" where things like cigarette lighters, cup holders, movable visors, etc. are not part of the DNA. We drive road rockets meant for handling, acceleration, thrills, :cool:... etc....
"Ultimate cup holders" are in the RR's, of this World. Hard to suck on a bottle when a: you're wearing a helmet; b: hitting 4 g's in the corners; c: have both hands on the wheel/gearbox; d: lips pulled back in a sadistic grin; et al....

This post is for holiday cheers and mirth. Don't shoot the messenger. Enjoy the moment and stay safe... "The Raven has spoken".., "Tap, tap, tap.."

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
We are in the Waiters Club; therefore, we are puppets.
Seriously. Wait in line here. If you are very patient and very lucky, you will get the opportunity to give us a hundred thousand dollars/euros! Eventually, if you're patient enough.

And if you even look at another car company, boom your date will go back 4 weeks.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman S
39 Posts
LOL! Not sure how to break this to you but..... You purchased a "Sports Car" where things like cigarette lighters, cup holders, movable visors, etc. are not part of the DNA. We drive road rockets meant for handling, acceleration, thrills, :cool:... etc....
"Ultimate cup holders" are in the RR's, of this World. Hard to suck on a bottle when a: you're wearing a helmet; b: hitting 4 g's in the corners; c: have both hands on the wheel/gearbox; d: lips pulled back in a sadistic grin; et al....

This post is for holiday cheers and mirth. Don't shoot the messenger. Enjoy the moment and stay safe... "The Raven has spoken".., "Tap, tap, tap.."
All good because no one is allowed to drink anything in my car anyway! If there was a cup holder delete option I would have checked the box.

·
Registered
152 Posts
All good because no one is allowed to drink anything in my car anyway! If there was a cup holder delete option I would have checked the box.
Honestly... while I'm guilty of a tervis cup with cold water occasionally (maybe a FL thing), I too am not a drinker/eater in my cars, well I am in my wife's SUV :), I was looking for something to hold my Yeti 20 oz of coffee going into work.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So my OPC has just called to say they’ve had a Feb build become available and would I like it….. he’ll yeah!! So instead of getting a GTS allocation in April for a June delivery, I’ll be getting an allocation now with a build in Feb and delivery mid/late March.
Congrats!

Just throwing this out there. While MY23 will bring in a slight price increase, being as the two options are not far apart, would it be worth gambling the wait to see what changes MY23 brings? Might be new paints, interior colour options etc. The GT4 RS has added colour coded door pull straps and that new grey. Something to think about

Either way, you've got a GTS which in this climate of allocations is something to be happy about. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I did think about it but judging on what they gave for the MY21, heated seats and park assist, I doubt it will be much but I'd rather have an allocation and build now rather than miss the boat waiting on a MY23 allocation. The closer to 2024 we get, the less likely to get an allocation for anything as they start to slow down production.

I would expect a full tooling changeover for the new 718E(?) to be in the summer of 2023.

·
Registered
418 Posts
But would you be waiting if you kept the original allocation? I don't foresee anything major changing to be fair, It was my inner 'I wonder what is coming' voice that spoke up. :)

Keep your eye out btw for the illusive option for the pre-wiring for the dash cam. I'm told it's a very inexpensive option and then allows for a very easy plug and play with the Porsche Dash Cam. I believe they held off due to the whole chip shortage issue.

Once again, congrats!

Lastly, I will be leaving the Club as of tomorrow at 13:00! Collection Day awaits!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Cayman T build that just locked with a manufacturing start date of 12/17. Up until recently the completion date was 12/24 which I believe is the usual 7 days on TYD, but recently the completion date moved out to 1/7 with the same start date so now looking at a 3 week window. Does anyone know what Porsche normally does with the factory around the Holidays? I am hoping the car will get an earlier start and get completed before Christmas but not sure if the extension is for the Holidays or possibly COVID or some other reason. Any thoughts here?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a Cayman T build that just locked with a manufacturing start date of 12/17. Up until recently the completion date was 12/24 which I believe is the usual 7 days on TYD, but recently the completion date moved out to 1/7 with the same start date so now looking at a 3 week window. Does anyone know what Porsche normally does with the factory around the Holidays? I am hoping the car will get an earlier start and get completed before Christmas but not sure if the extension is for the Holidays or possibly COVID or some other reason. Any thoughts here?
EXACT same with. I was pumped as my car was due to finished Xmas eve. Now my dates are the same as yours. Locked today, 12/17 start with 01/07 finish.

·
Registered
28 Posts
EXACT same with. I was pumped as my car was due to finished Xmas eve. Now my dates are the same as yours. Locked today, 12/17 start with 01/07 finish.
Well, at least I can feel better knowing that I am not alone. Still wondering what these dates mean since I think 3 weeks is far longer than needed to build the cars. I can only assume they will be shutting the factory for the Holidays. Perhaps its a combination of Holidays, COVID and waiting for more parts and it just makes sense to shut down for a bit. Of course I am simply speculating.

921 - 940 of 1005 Posts