Porsche 718 Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, at least I can feel better knowing that I am not alone. Still wondering what these dates mean since I think 3 weeks is far longer than needed to build the cars. I can only assume they will be shutting the factory for the Holidays. Perhaps its a combination of Holidays, COVID and waiting for more parts and it just makes sense to shut down for a bit. Of course I am simply speculating.
Hang in there guys.

Also, I can confirm the car came with sports exhaust, for those wondering.

·
Registered
242 Posts
And I didn’t win the tire lottery… Eagle F1s it appears.

I have to wonder how many, if any, base Caymans and Boxsters get the Michelin shoes.
Zero, from what I understand. I asked my SA about this recently. He thought that Pirellis were going on the base 18s lately, but I had my doubts about that. Both brands seemed to have phased out their 18s in the 718 sizes. The Eagle F1s was what I suspected as the current primary tire, based on the limited data I could find, with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport being the other option.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well… look what arrived yesterday! I can’t pick up for transport until next week… so maybe I’m now in sub waiting? ;) Pic is from SA.

6.7 miles on her… will send pics after she’s detailed but I already think she’s a beauty.
Sharp! Aventurine with the silver window trim was my planned choice until my wife “overruled” me, and urged me to go with Shark Blue. Maybe I’ll ignore her. :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Y
Well, that is me sorted. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Dry and sunny, be it a tad chilly which didn't stop me from driving home with the top down.

Appreciate the banter and a place to pass the time! Well worth the wait!!!!
WOW, VERY nice, congrats.
im just sitting here patiently, not jealous at all, nope, not in the least, honestly I’m not, for real, biding my time until March….

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not sure if this was always the case in the 718 but I sure didn't see it in my previous one. I was able to turn off the lighting for the Chrono clock via the Vehicle Setup within the instrument cluster. I unticked 'Show Time' and it went dark. I guess if you don't want to see the time then no sense in lighting that up.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Well, that is me sorted. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Dry and sunny, be it a tad chilly which didn't stop me from driving home with the top down.

View attachment 36329
Congratulations on many levels. May you have unlimited miles of smiles enjoying your beautiful new Shark Blue steed! Must restate how much I LOVE your wheels...great design!

Reactions: MOG_80TH

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,139 Posts

View attachment 36329
The beast and the banner.... Well done.... Shame the floor is so dirty. (Cleaner than my living room)

Beautiful spec....Many miles and smiles...

·
Registered
2022 Shark Blue Cayman S (Waiters Club 03/18/22 Estimated Delivery)
23 Posts
Wanted to share some information regarding the "track you dream" app with those who recently placed an order. I spoke with someone at Porsche Customer Support and basically confirmed what I already expected. Once the vehicle enters production and the VIN is generated, that is the point during the order process when Porsche will reach out to you (via email) with the link to access the tracking app. All you have to do is make sure your dealer attached your email address to the order.

941 - 960 of 1005 Posts