Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have ordered or taken delivery--what are you doing or did you do to pass the time waiting for your 718?

·
Registered
21 Posts
- view all Porsche related youtube videos, forums etc.
- prepare road trips
- learn about engine breaking in
- drive another crappy car to enjoy even more the 718 upon delivery
- try to convince everyone to buy one
- seek for boxster fan clubs
- pray for the car to be delivered earlier
- harass the dearlership to check on ETA
- check this forum regularly

Peace

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sweep the garage floor constantly so it's clean for the 718, stock up detailing products, shamelessly stare at my desktop background and screen saver for longer periods of time than I would like to admit, try to find parts to buy, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1.Read ALL Boxster forums

2.Argue with older Boxster owners that you're gonna LOVE the sound, and your's will be faster than theirs.

3.Continuously call dealer and change your options.

4.Stare at computer background image.

5.Drink more than usual

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.Read ALL Boxster forums

2.Argue with older Boxster owners that you're gonna LOVE the sound, and your's will be faster than theirs.

3.Continuously call dealer and change your options.

4.Stare at computer background image.

5.Drink more than usual
Whatevva--I followed some of your conversations with old Boxster owners over on Rennlist. I must say that you held your own very well! I understand their affinity for the flat 6 (had a 911) but for myself I haven't owned a Boxster before so I guess I come at it from a different perspective. I really like the looks and performance of the 718! Like the rest of the posts above--trying to find ways to pass the time until April.:(

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's pretty much the struggle everyone is going through. I'm trying to figure out a way to track down the cargo ships carrying the 718's. There must be a way!

And in the meantime try to find the perfect cabin decorative piece.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's pretty much the struggle everyone is going through. I'm trying to figure out a way to track down the cargo ships carrying the 718's. There must be a way!

And in the meantime try to find the perfect cabin decorative piece.
As soon as the ships hit open ocean you lose tracking, unless you pay the $15 fee for GPS tracking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whatevva--I followed some of your conversations with old Boxster owners over on Rennlist. I must say that you held your own very well! I understand their affinity for the flat 6 (had a 911) but for myself I haven't owned a Boxster before so I guess I come at it from a different perspective. I really like the looks and performance of the 718! Like the rest of the posts above--trying to find ways to pass the time until April.:(

There was one guy over there that used to LOVE to push my buttons...I'm pretty sure other members told him to back off >:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have had my 718 since July and I thought I was able to track it all the way from the factory to San Diego. Go to marinetraffic.com and register for the free version. You will have to ask your dealer for the ship's name that the car is on and then track that ship. They may have changed their site since July and you have to pay. Good Luck you will really enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those who are waiting for arrival--is the build going according to schedule? Any delays? Also for those of you who are lucky and have your 718s; how long of a wait did you experience?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I doubt it's going directly on schedule as there are almost always delays. Delays that aren't really reasoned or justifiable but delays nonetheless.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For those who are waiting for arrival--is the build going according to schedule? Any delays? Also for those of you who are lucky and have your 718s; how long of a wait did you experience?
My order went in on 8/24/16 and car was in my hands on 12/15/16....2 months ahead of the Feb 17 scheduled delivery date

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My order went in on 8/24/16 and car was in my hands on 12/15/16....2 months ahead of the Feb 17 scheduled delivery date
So originally you were told 6 months for delivery? My schedule is set for 3 months, but as Lurker points out delays can and do happen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Read all the reviews and watched the youtube videos. Participated in lots of fun arguments over at Planet 9 with the 986/981 owners who think that the apocalypse has come. It's a pleasure to join this Board and get away from the constant NVH haranguing of the 6 cylinder gang!

April can't come soon enough for me - GT Silver 718 Boxster S to be delivered.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Soon my friend, soon your delivery will be upon you! There will always be those who complain about the new 718; it's engine, how the exhaust sounds, etc. Some people don't like change, but the Porsche 718 is just an overall great vehicle with very little negative points and it's supposed to be fun to drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts