Porsche 718 Forum banner

Was Going to Get a Corvette...

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Lurker 
#1 ·
.. but now I just might wait to see what the 718 has to offer... :cool:

#2 ·
I think the 718 could be a game changer in this segment. Porsche have made the boxer too heavy and too expensive for a bit of fun now.

The 718 is supposed to only come with a four-cylinder engine but it should be plenty fast enough if they cut the weight down. :cool:

#3 ·
Corvette and the 718 are two very different cars, one is a V8 powerhouse that is decent in the turns, better than corvettes of the past. Then there's the 718 which is going to be an entry-level Porsche, sitting under the Boxster, which says a lot about it.

#5 ·
why are you guys so caught up about segments? You do know dollars don't care where they are spent or how they are spent? I don't buy cars based on 'segment' I buy based on feel, what gives me the best feeling before, during and after the drive?

But hey if you guys want to play the segment game go right ahead.

#7 ·
Corvette Starts at $53,000, Boxster starts at $51,000. The Corvette is the better car than the Boxster. The Boxster/Cayman will move up market to make room for the 718 which should be expected in the $40's....

I don't see what issues you guys are having with where the man wants to spend his own money?

#8 ·
I don't understand why you seem so outraged. All people said was that the Corvette and 718 are different cars. They cost different money and have different engines. I think a $10,000 difference in price is something to think about.

You can spend your money how ever you like. You can like whatever car you want to. We are just sharing our opinion with you.

#10 ·
This is going to be a very bare bones car, as was said above a moderate optioning of the 718 will bring it straight into C7 territory. These are toys, that are bought for fun, which car can I have more fun in? Well I'll let you know once the 718 is out;)

No need to fight over little old me ehhehhhh

#17 ·
I am selling my 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 for a 718 Boxster S. This will be my 3rd Boxster. I had a RS60 and a 2014 Boxster S with PDK...I didn't like the PDK at all, going back to a manual. The Corvette has an awesome V8 sound, especially with the performance exhaust option but it is not as much fun do drive as the Boxster in my opinion. The Corvette handles great and is a very fast car. The new 718 did not sound that great, it took me a few test drives and a few days of thinking about the sound...I owned two Subaru cars - WRX and STI - n the past and loved the way they sounded. I can see how people say the new 718 sounds like a Subaru, particularly during initial start up, but I does have a distinctive sound. On my second test drive I really loved the new sound of the 718. Just my opinion...I did take a older 911 out to see the difference in engine noise and it didn't really scream in the cabin of the car either. I have a friend with a 997 GTS and he has the sport exhaust and he is always complaining about how it is not loud enough for him...I think you will be happy with the Corvette or the 718. Don't let everyone that has an old Boxster tell you how great theirs is compared to the new one...dive them both and decide for yourself. I have owned both and prefer the 718.

#18 ·
That's actually really good to hear from an owner of those types of vehicles as it does provide a great comparison to go off of. Also really affirming to hear that you prefer the 718 in general. I've been hearing that there is going to be a new Corvette coming out however, will you be interested in that as well ? Mid engine layout to it apparently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.