Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Porsches (similar to my BMW) appear to have a program for water temperature that seems to vary between 193 degrees F and 205 degrees F. I have not paid enough attention to it to determine what temperature is a function of. Nevertheless, here in south Florida, temperatures have been consistently in the mid nineties with high humidity. Yesterday, I noticed water temperature at 218 degrees, well below the red band, but still much higher than I have ever seen it. I was at a light when I noticed it. Driving in heavy traffic at varying speeds brought it down to 195 degrees F. Early this morning, with ambient about 85 degrees F, it remained about 193 during a short 8 mile trip out and then back.

What is the water temperature program?
Is the 218 degrees F I observed indicative of a problem I need to address?
Has anyone else noticed temperatures at 218 or so?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW-That is the range for mine but it varies by drive mode. Comfort is higher temp, presumably for ideal pollution reduction.
Do you mean bumping up against 218 degrees F is something you do commonly see?

I always drive in Sport mode and do not know what I would expect to see in the default mode.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you mean bumping up against 218 degrees F is something you do commonly see?

I always drive in Sport mode and do not know what I would expect to see in the default mode.
103 Celsius is perfectly fine, no need to worry.
It can go up even higher and still stay well below red zone.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
103 Celsius is perfectly fine, no need to worry.
It can go up even higher and still stay well below red zone.
Thanks. I agree 217 is well below the red band but I cannot ignore a parameter I suddenly notice is significantly different from its normal band. I think I inadvertently did not put the car in sport mode as I always do. In the short drive to the Porsche & Pancakes breakfast this morning I experimented a little and noticed temperature started to slowly trend up (from 192 to 210) in normal mode but slowly trended back down when back in sport mode. The drive was not long enough to know more confidently what was going on but I am thinking now there is no issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts