Porsche 718 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Those of us with our 718s tucked away for the winter are incredibly jealous of those who are still driving!😁
The last thing I expected/wanted to do this morning was go to a grocery store, or any store really.

Then again, it's sunny, 62 degrees...AND...the BS looks so lonely in the garage. So, I "reluctantly" said to my bride "okay, anything for you my Love."

Something tells me this trip will exceed 4 to 5 times the usual timeframe....possibly more 😏.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im going to be purchasing a 718 Cayman, hopefully GTS used in 2020. I currently have a 2016 STI, but the Porsche has always been my dream car. Looking forward to learning more about the Cayman, and more about buying one

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome. You will find much useful information on this forum. The journey and anticipation are all part of the experience. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
👋 all!
Moved from a 987.1S to a 718S (both Caymans).
Loving the torque!
Hoping to find lots of useful info here, already ran into a couple of things I can’t get to work but I’m sure the answers are here somewhere...
My old:

And my new:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, greetings from Cleveland Ohio. I picked up a 2017 CPO Cayman last month. I’ve been working towards this goal for several years. I grew up outside of Detroit, were my dad and I would car shop for fun. The love of cars started there and continues. I had a chance to go to the Porsche center outside of the Atlanta a couple of years back. I drove a 17’ Cayman S. That sold me. I started looking for a 16’ S, but ended up with a 17’ base. I’m 44, soon to be 45 and I don’t have a need for more performance (base vs S). Exicted to be part of the 718 community!

Chris from Cleveland.
17’ Cayman Base
11’ Forester XT.
14 Jetta 1.8t

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been blessed to own 11 new Porsches. I started with a 1958 Speedster with coupe seats off the showroom floor from Gene Klein Motors in Van Nuys, CA, a 1960 356 B coupe, Along came two children and my next one was a 1970 914. After that a 1977 911, 1979, 1983 and 1987 928's, 1990 911, 1995 911 Cabrio and a 2008 911S which I sold in 2015. In 2014 Porsche invited me along with several other enthusiasts to the Automobile Club race track in Fontana California to drive all their new models for one lap. It was an incredible experience and I loved every model. But the Boxter was the last one I drove and I fell completely in love. It was small, fast and handled better than any car I have ever driven. By that time I felt the 911 had grown too big and the Boxter reminded me of the Speedster on steroids and the 914 for handling and fun to drive. I talked about it all the time, but it was not practical for me. My dear wife of 63 years passed away from cancer on August 11th of this year. We had a wonderful life and she was not afraid to die, but worried about me. She told me, " Chuck, don't forget to live." and take my car a 2015 Audi Q5s and trade it for that Porsche you wanted ever since you sold the 911." When my doctor gave me a good bill of health and expected me to live for several more years I went to Suncoast Motors in Sarasota Florida and bought a beautiful new 918 Cayman which is the most exciting and fun to drive Porsche that I have ever owned. And for the first time I got an automatic transmission. It shifts better and faster than I ever could and I am a complete fan of the PDK transmission.

·
Registered
397 Posts
She told me, " Chuck, don't forget to live." and take my car a 2015 Audi Q5s and trade it for that Porsche you wanted ever since you sold the 911."
So sorry for your loss 😢

She was a wise woman, glad you're continuing the good fight:

Dylan Thomas
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have been blessed to own 11 new Porsches. I started with a 1958 Speedster with coupe seats off the showroom floor from Gene Klein Motors in Van Nuys, CA, a 1960 356 B coupe, Along came two children and my next one was a 1970 914. After that a 1977 911, 1979, 1983 and 1987 928's, 1990 911, 1995 911 Cabrio and a 2008 911S which I sold in 2015. In 2014 Porsche invited me along with several other enthusiasts to the Automobile Club race track in Fontana California to drive all their new models for one lap. It was an incredible experience and I loved every model. But the Boxter was the last one I drove and I fell completely in love. It was small, fast and handled better than any car I have ever driven. By that time I felt the 911 had grown too big and the Boxter reminded me of the Speedster on steroids and the 914 for handling and fun to drive. I talked about it all the time, but it was not practical for me. My dear wife of 63 years passed away from cancer on August 11th of this year. We had a wonderful life and she was not afraid to die, but worried about me. She told me, " Chuck, don't forget to live." and take my car a 2015 Audi Q5s and trade it for that Porsche you wanted ever since you sold the 911." When my doctor gave me a good bill of health and expected me to live for several more years I went to Suncoast Motors in Sarasota Florida and bought a beautiful new 918 Cayman which is the most exciting and fun to drive Porsche that I have ever owned. And for the first time I got an automatic transmission. It shifts better and faster than I ever could and I am a complete fan of the PDK transmission. View attachment 24971
Helluva first post, welcome to the forum!

Sincere condolences about your wife.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My dear wife of 63 years passed away from cancer on August 11th of this year. We had a wonderful life and she was not afraid to die, but worried about me. She told me, " Chuck, don't forget to live." and take my car a 2015 Audi Q5s and trade it for that Porsche you wanted ever since you sold the 911."
My longtime girlfriend died, suddenly, two years ago. We discussed marriage numerous times and it was inevitable or so I thought. A few months before the end, I said I was considering a Macan, she said no way, you need the two-seater. (She had an SLK, M3 and some other nifty rides.) And anyway, she knew I had wanted a Boxster or Cayman at some point, for the last decade. Her dad has a RUF Porsche 911 w/ 600 hp, loves Porsche, races a Miata. Their entire family drives manual transmissions! I only have 10 years w/ stick, far less than you, so no argument against your PDK choice. ;-)

When I get this 718 Cayman S she will be the first thing I think of. It will be sad to look at the empty passenger seat but she wouldn't want me sad any longer than that moment. If we had seen the bell tolling for her I am sure she would have shared the same sentiment your wife did. My sincere condolences to you. And I have to say... 63 years! Well done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone!

I've never owned a Porsche, but I'm anxious to get back into a manual transmission and a more track-focused sports car.

I think the comments about "finally a Porsche I can afford" are funny, since my 718 Cayman S as built is $97,000 and change! I guess you could get away with a cheaper build, but I'm going all in on the car.

My sports car history is basically 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35i, 2013 Scion FRS Manual, 2015 STi Launch Editiion, 2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport and 2015 Lexus RC-F (current daily driver that I'm selling.)

I've always been intrigued by Porsche's and interested to see why their customers are so fiercely loyal to the brand. Since I will be paying nearly $100k for a 4 cylinder car, my expectations are fairly high.

Anyway, I do love my Lexus RC-F and the bark of it's NA V-8 is nothing short of astounding. But, I really like going to HPDE's at my local track, and the RC-F is just too damned heavy. I'm tired of getting burned by Porsche's!

My Lexus should be sold this weekend, and I will submit my order for my Mahogany Metallic 718 Cayman S manual, all the performance goodies, and PCCB's as well. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice 718, cool stripes nice effect on the white car!

So the 987, is the camera deceiving me? Peridot Green Metallic or a metallic yellow?
Thanks, it needed something to break up all the white. The 987 is wrapped with 3m 1080 vinyl, the color is called Lemon Sting. Depending on the light it can look more green or more gold.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts