Porsche 718 Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
2 Posts
Hi Folks,

Picked out a new-to-me ride late January.
CPO with over 5 years warranty to go.
Loving the easy power, tight handling and good looks (the car).

Not getting out as much as I'd like right now, but has a couple of good runs through San Diego county back country.
Best surprise feature: Brake "Hold" for traffic lights.
Most surprising omission: Jesus handles ;-)

Not sure if this shows as the signature. (First post)
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats, 20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks,

Picked out a new-to-me ride late January.
CPO with over 5 years warranty to go.
Loving the easy power, tight handling and good looks (the car).

Not getting out as much as I'd like right now, but has a couple of good runs through San Diego county back country.
Best surprise feature: Brake "Hold" for traffic lights.
Most surprising omission: Jesus handles ;-)

Not sure if this shows as the signature. (First post)
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats, 20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg View attachment 25986
Welcome! Great pic of a great looking car!

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody, Just bought my first Porsche as I have been driving BMW's for the last 14 years and am happy to join this forum. I bought a 2018 Cayman Base Manual transmission and am thrilled at the way it drives. I do have a question though and that is the shift points people are using for in town and around driving. Right now I shift at around 3000 rpms and try to keep the rpms up around 3000 in what ever gear I am in. One thing I don't want to do is lug this motor If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
Welcome to our forum.

After the first few hundred miles you can take it up to 4k up to the recommended mileage (2k?). Keep in mind that the car has full torque at low RPM, so you can drive it that way.

Here is the HP/torque curve for the S

221 - 226 of 226 Posts