Porsche 718 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
23 Posts
Hi Folks,

Picked out a new-to-me ride late January.
CPO with over 5 years warranty to go.
Loving the easy power, tight handling and good looks (the car).

Not getting out as much as I'd like right now, but has a couple of good runs through San Diego county back country.
Best surprise feature: Brake "Hold" for traffic lights.
Most surprising omission: Jesus handles ;-)

Not sure if this shows as the signature. (First post)
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats, 20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Folks,

Picked out a new-to-me ride late January.
CPO with over 5 years warranty to go.
Loving the easy power, tight handling and good looks (the car).

Not getting out as much as I'd like right now, but has a couple of good runs through San Diego county back country.
Best surprise feature: Brake "Hold" for traffic lights.
Most surprising omission: Jesus handles ;-)

Not sure if this shows as the signature. (First post)
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats, 20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg View attachment 25986
Welcome! Great pic of a great looking car!

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everybody, Just bought my first Porsche as I have been driving BMW's for the last 14 years and am happy to join this forum. I bought a 2018 Cayman Base Manual transmission and am thrilled at the way it drives. I do have a question though and that is the shift points people are using for in town and around driving. Right now I shift at around 3000 rpms and try to keep the rpms up around 3000 in what ever gear I am in. One thing I don't want to do is lug this motor If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome to our forum.

After the first few hundred miles you can take it up to 4k up to the recommended mileage (2k?). Keep in mind that the car has full torque at low RPM, so you can drive it that way.

Here is the HP/torque curve for the S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Evening! I'm new to the 718 Forum, but a long time member of the Rolex forum. Seems like a lot of crossover between the two. I've been driving soulless soccer dad cars for years. I currently drive a 2016 VW Passat. I'm turning the lease in, in a couple of months and making the jump to my first Porsche! I'm on the hunt for a gently used 718 Cayman. Any suggestions on a reasonable price on a 17 or 18 base Cayman lightly equipped would be much appreciated. I have a lot of reading to do on here and I'm looking forward to learning a bunch. Looking forward to the journey.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
oment to introduce yourself to the community.
Long journey to Porsche planet. I've been an MGB owner/lover since 1973 when I bought my first one. Wonderful little cars for what they are. But have always had Porsche on my bucket list. Now at age 75, it was now or never. My dream, like many, was a 911 Carrera, but I just couldn't reach one of those that I wanted from a financial point. Then Cayman caught my eye, and I shopped for a while. Yesterday, I drove back from Port St. Lucie, FL, to upstate SC in my "new" 2010 Cayman S. I have never driven such a sure-footed, solid, in tune with the road vehicle. 650 miles is too far in a day, and was surely tiring, but a marvelous driving and learning experience nonetheless. My education on the S and Porsche in general will continue, and I am glad to have this forum resource.

Just reviewed a picture tutorial on how to change oil with PDK. Wow.

So, stay safe, love life, kill Covid so we can get back to something resembling normalcy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi caroline
Welcome to the porsche forums
I have the 718 boxster in sapphire blue
First porsche and love it
This is a great forum
Send pics of your cayman S
B4E922CD-EACD-4D2D-94D8-CBCAEF172667.jpeg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum Carolina! These are definitely fun cars and a true joy to drive. It is pretty amazing to see how much attention they get from others as well.

Carlos, love the blue paint. The Boxster looks great in that color!

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! Adam here from Miami, Florida. Currently driving a 2018 Jaguar F-Type, with about 7 months left in my lease. Interested in leasing a 718 Cayman for my next car. Looking forward to reading through the posts. Anyone ever use the "Welcome to Porsche" lease program?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, Jeff from London Ontario Canada here. Just signed the deal on a 2017 Boxster S, trading in my Jaguar F-type S and coming back to Porsche after a 2 year hiatus. Looking forward to the DIY section of this site as I prefer to turn my own wrench when possible. Also interested in any Eastern USA or Canadian tours, did the Tail of the dragon with the F-Type group and had a great time. Look forward to getting to know you all.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome Jeff!

Reactions: Tayls77

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Hi all, Jeff from London Ontario Canada here. Just signed the deal on a 2017 Boxster S, trading in my Jaguar F-type S and coming back to Porsche after a 2 year hiatus. Looking forward to the DIY section of this site as I prefer to turn my own wrench when possible. Also interested in any Eastern USA or Canadian tours, did the Tail of the dragon with the F-Type group and had a great time. Look forward to getting to know you all.
Ah, London, Ontario—my old home town, and I still have relatives and friends there. Welcome.
Next time you're heading south, say hello to Jumbo for me.😀

·
Registered
MY2018 Cayman S in Graphite Blue Metallic
10 Posts
New to the 718 forum, but a long time Porsche owner. Recently purchased a 718 Cayman S in Graphite Blue Metallic, with lots of nice toys. PASM -20mm, Sport Chrono, PADM, ACC, CarPlay, MFSW with heating, PDLS Xenons, and some other bits and pieces. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and hopefully be able to give some useful input.

IMG_0009.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome, Richard. Graphite Blue is a quintessential Porsche color! It has really grown on me and my liking for it deepens with every viewing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since I was a kid I always wanted to own a Porsche. A few weeks ago I got a 2016 Boxster S and I'm thoroughly convinced that I waited too long. The handling is just FANTASTIC!!!

221 - 240 of 256 Posts