Porsche 718 Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Congratulations @Tripman on your beautiful new baby! May you enjoy unlimited miles of outlandish smiles in great health!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi everyone, new owner of a carmine red manual 718 cayman GTS 2.5 here. Took out of state delivery from New Jersey and drove it cross country to my home state of Oklahoma. On the way, drove through 2 national parks and the awesome TAIL OF THE DRAGON. Couldn’t have asked for a better delivery experience myself. By the time I reached oklahoma, brakes had been bedded and engine broken in (2000 miles).
After 3K miles, too it out on track to get a feel for the chassis.

I have owned faster cars. Although not the fastest car around, but definitely one of the most communicative cars around. Pics and video below. Look forward to many more fun times!!
Congrats, and sounds like in the video you are giving your GTS a good flogging. Some nice driving at the limit.

Is that the Porsche Track Precision Ap? I haven't quite been able to get it to work yet. Looks good if it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Don, thanks. Yes it is the Porsche track precision app. Worked really good after a few niggles. Connecting can sometime be temperamental. But really good once it works. The best lap I did that day was 10 seconds faster (2:03) compared to the 2:13 captured in the video. Think the car can go faster.. limited obviously by the driver :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys/gals.
Bought a 2019 Cayman S last week. Going to Arkansas this week for a couple days of twisties. 11k miles, 69.3k$, 91k$ original build, everything but active suspension. Last time I was in a Porsche dealership was 1975. I remember the handling of the 914 was like unbelievable. So now I've got a mid engine Porsche. Check it off my bucket list.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Nice car at a nice price! Very similar case to mine (which has a few less options for a few less $$).

·
Registered
447 Posts
@Cay_OK - Beautiful car! Similar experience, as my one and only previous P-car was a 1975 714 2.0L. Enjoy in good health!!!

Love that wheel design on 718's! The color appears very similar to the exterior finish. Did you have the wheel spoke inlays painted to match the exterior or is that their standard color? If the spoke inlay color is standard, do you know what that color is (e.g. GT Silver, Rhodium Silver, etc.) Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Cay_OK - Beautiful car! Similar experience, as my one and only previous P-car was a 1975 714 2.0L. Enjoy in good health!!!

Love that wheel design on 718's! The color appears very similar to the exterior finish. Did you have the wheel spoke inlays painted to match the exterior or is that their standard color? If the spoke inlay color is standard, do you know what that color is (e.g. GT Silver, Rhodium Silver, etc.) Thank you!
Boy you've got sharp eyes. I hadn't noticed the matching color on the spokes, but sure looks like it. The color of the car is Agate Grey Metallic. The wheels are XRD, 20" Carrera sport. As close as I can tell, they match.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks, that helps nail down another configuration option.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Love the color @Cay_OK! Enjoy the twisties!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a Cayman or Boxter. I presently have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with a 6 sp manual and a 2.0 Malone tune. I love my VW, but really don't need a wagen so I'm considering going to something smaller and sportier, and the Cayman or Boxter are strong considerations. If I go with either I would want to order one so that I get exactly what I want and not settle for what's available on some dealers lot. But I believe that we're now at the time when Porsche is starting to produce 2021's, but their web site still has the build on 2020's. Sso I guess I'll have to wait a month or so to find out what the minor differences are for the 2021's.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a Cayman or Boxter. I presently have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with a 6 sp manual and a 2.0 Malone tune. I love my VW, but really don't need a wagen so I'm considering going to something smaller and sportier, and the Cayman or Boxter are strong considerations. If I go with either I would want to order one so that I get exactly what I want and not settle for what's available on some dealers lot. But I believe that we're now at the time when Porsche is starting to produce 2021's, but their web site still has the build on 2020's. Sso I guess I'll have to wait a month or so to find out what the minor differences are for the 2021's.
Welcome :)
The one thing that usually changes is the different packages.
Thats not always a good thing if you end up paying for something you dont want.

But what i can say, if you ever gonna drive when it is dark get the pdls as a minimum!
Standard lights sucks monkey butt.......

Good luck :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you want new, as opposed to a CPO, I think ordering exactly what you want on top of the stock features is a great thing to do. It requires patience, but you can't blame circumstances or anyone else but yourself for the car you end up with. Researching all the bits here is wise. Everything extra I ordered is in my signature and it isn't much. I saved between $15K-$20K from what was available new on the lot, and got the colors I wanted. Be sure and download the standard items pdf on the confiscator so you will know your starting point.

281 - 296 of 296 Posts