Porsche 718 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
The heck with sunlight! She's a beauty..... Welcome to our madness and have tons of fun!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi all, first post...
I've been visiting this forum (as well as 1 or 2 others ;)) for a while, absorbing as much 718 info as I could -> thanks all!
I ordered my Boxster GTS back in September as soon as the PDK was confirmed and today was pickup day!!!
Aventurine Green/black interior with satin platinum wheels as well as a few options. The colour changes depending on the light so hopefully get some sunnier weather here in Brisbane over the weekend to get some better pics.
Phill B.
Great looking BGTS Phill...Cheers and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks!

I’m from Houston, TX, and living here again after the pandemic made New York not so fun last year. And what a year it’s been. Long story short, I used to have a manual 2006 Cayman S (with a Terracotta Red interior, so beautiful), and I’m looking to get back into a P-car sometime very soon!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Welcome to our madness.... Many here have cars and give helpful advice to those of us waiting to have cars. You came to the right place......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings from Switzerland!
I've been reading news and getting info from the Forum since a few weeks already, and I finally decided to join. Boxster S 982, full black (interiors and exteriors), Carrera S 20'' Satin Platinum, and some options here and there. But, above all... manual transmission, which I would not trade for anything else in the world! I am really enjoying myself on our wonderful alpine roads, where a manual shift can give that "personal touch" to your driving.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Greetings from Switzerland!
I've been reading news and getting info from the Forum since a few weeks already, and I finally decided to join. Boxster S 982, full black (interiors and exteriors), Carrera S 20'' Satin Platinum, and some options here and there. But, above all... manual transmission, which I would not trade for anything else in the world! I am really enjoying myself on our wonderful alpine roads, where a manual shift can give that "personal touch" to your driving.
Welcome to our madness! Swiss alpine roads and a Porsche! Does it get any better? Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, first post...
I've been visiting this forum (as well as 1 or 2 others ;)) for a while, absorbing as much 718 info as I could -> thanks all!
I ordered my Boxster GTS back in September as soon as the PDK was confirmed and today was pickup day!!!
Aventurine Green/black interior with satin platinum wheels as well as a few options. The colour changes depending on the light so hopefully get some sunnier weather here in Brisbane over the weekend to get some better pics.
Phill B.
View attachment 31422
View attachment 31423
Love that colour... I was on the fence between Aventurine Green and Agate Grey. Finally settled for the green on Lockdown Day. Your photos shows I made the right choice. (Although I've gone for crayon/black interior) :)
Only 10 weeks to go :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi All
New member based in South Derbyshire, UK
Super excited to have my dealer call me this week and say my build slot for my Boxster GTS 4.0 has come forward - Oct/Nov21 is now mid August 2021 - Get in!!
Looking forward to engaging with the forum for all things 718 - A new experience for me as this is my first venture into Porsche
I have some difficult choices to make on exterior/interior, but will post those in a more appropriate thread

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Hi All
New member based in South Derbyshire, UK
Super excited to have my dealer call me this week and say my build slot for my Boxster GTS 4.0 has come forward - Oct/Nov21 is now mid August 2021 - Get in!!
Looking forward to engaging with the forum for all things 718 - A new experience for me as this is my first venture into Porsche
I have some difficult choices to make on exterior/interior, but will post those in a more appropriate thread
Welcome to our madness! That's a big jump up the pecking order. Well done. Looking forward to seeing your build, etc. The Summer will go fast...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to 718forum.com - The best and friendliest Porsche 718 Forum! As a new member please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.
New to the forum and to the marque, but not to roadsters. Ignoring my brief exposure to Detroit Iron (1964 Mustang new, as an also new college grad) I've owned these daily drivers, all new except for two: Datsun 1600, Fiat 124 Spyder (only 2 payments, of 24, to go when I sold it for junk), Lotus Elan (used - mostly being repaired while I owned it - it even caught fire), Mazda RX/7, Mazda Miata, 2nd Miata (after the RX/7 I couldn't believe the shoddy quality - leaks, squeaks, and rattles - so I bought a second which was just as bad), Honda S2000 (used) which until now was the best car I've owned, and after ten years of ownership I can probably sell it for more than I paid for it.

Now I am driving a better car (base Boxster in Carmine Red, with LED headlights, and extended range gas tank, and no other options) than all the others I've owned, and I would have purchased it two years ago but for a certain politician's threats of a 25% tariff on my special order. Well, that delay cost me a few thousand US$ but still less than 25% of the purchase price. I also missed out on European delivery because of the pandemic. Now I have such handy options as heated seats (useless in SoCal), an electronic day/night mirror (black tape over the sensor makes it a more useful manual mirror), and dual zone climate control (really, in a roadster - that "feature" doesn't even work in my wife's four door sedan). I would have bought the T instead, primarily to avoid leather seating, but Carmine Red is not an option on the T in the US, and oversize (and overweight) wheels are standard.

With barely over 200 miles so far, I'm looking forward to a weekend drive of 215 miles, one way, to Arroyo Grande, with a lunch stop at the Cold Spring Tavern (Google it - and if you are ever anywhere near, stop in at least once). The purpose of the trip is to see "Light at Sensorio" (Google, again) on Saturday evening. The rest of the weekend will be spent driving around the SLO county area, returning home Sunday afternoon. Of course, the trip will be along the coast where possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone. Just joined the club last week when I flew to Kentucky to purchase my gently used 2019 CGTS and drove her all the way back home to Texas. First time Porsche owner but not new to German cars to say the least. I’ve been a lurker for the past few months but looking forward to the interaction with this community as this journey begins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Ohio, USA! Well, it's been a journey, but I finally was blessed with the means to purchase my first Porsche. After extensive research and a little luck, I was granted an allocation for a Boxster GTS 4.0 build in September. Thanks to this forum and the internet, I think I have most of it nailed down. I chose Night Blue Metallic as I want just enough attention, but not enough to get on a first name basis with those fine people in blue. Unfortunately, by the time I get it, I'll have to throw a sheet over it until April. I'm not one to subject this beauty to the salt roads around here in the winter time. Oh well, that will give me time to decide about ceramic coating and PPF. Cheers!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hey everyone. Just joined the club last week when I flew to Kentucky to purchase my gently used 2019 CGTS and drove her all the way back home to Texas. First time Porsche owner but not new to German cars to say the least. I’ve been a lurker for the past few months but looking forward to the interaction with this community as this journey begins.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Be sure to post pics asap and place your name on the Texas roll call!

·
Super Moderator
1,901 Posts
<snip>Unfortunately, by the time I get it, I'll have to throw a sheet over it until April. I'm not one to subject this beauty to the salt roads around here in the winter time. Oh well, that will give me time to decide about ceramic coating and PPF. Cheers!
Just remember that the car is a mix of hardened aluminium, plastic, and galvanised steel. Ask around about salt damage. I can't help, there's no snow or ice here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings from Poland. I don't have the 718 yet but I'm working hard on it. I hope it will be successful this season. It is not easy, because you have to wait at least a year for a new one (shock), there are very few used ones and either prices from space or terrible scrap from overseas after serious accidents (no offense US&CAN).
The forum is a mine of knowledge, so I keep learning :)

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Greetings from Poland. I don't have the 718 yet but I'm working hard on it. I hope it will be successful this season. It is not easy, because you have to wait at least a year for a new one (shock), there are very few used ones and either prices from space or terrible scrap from overseas after serious accidents (no offense US&CAN).
The forum is a mine of knowledge, so I keep learning :)
Val: Reality is nothing but dreams fulfilled. I bet you make it..... Good things are worth waiting for. And getting a 718 is a very good thing. Good luck, welcome to our madness. Can't wait to see photos of your Polish Hot Wheels down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, fellow Porschephiles! Finally (!!) quenched my desire for a Porsche when I got my 718 Boxster T in January! I've only been on the road with the top up a couple of times...over 40, no rain, top down! Loving it! First purchase was a set of winter tires (silver rims) so I can drive year-round (it's my only car). Surprised with the trunk space! Will accommodate a medium sized Costco run no problem! Can't wait for my HPDE class and first track-day!

·
Registered
‘21 Silver Boxster S
17 Posts
I picked her up in late April in Florida but just got an opportunity to finally take pictures of it in Ohio. Pursuant to forum regulations, I hereby submit my photos. I feel very lucky to have found her on the showroom floor especially after reading about all the agonizing long waits for new Boxster that we are now seeing. Here she is:

E08DB3D9-322B-4B62-8E84-A27C35BE1CB9.jpeg
7A43EB38-CAF2-44D3-A653-5FF3E888D244.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked her up in late April in Florida but just got an opportunity to finally take pictures of it in Ohio. Pursuant to forum regulations, I hereby submit my photos. I feel very lucky to have found her on the showroom floor especially after reading about all the agonizing long waits for new Boxster that we are now seeing. Here she is:

View attachment 32005 View attachment 32006
Congratulations! She's a beauty. I'm getting ready to lock down my first Porsche Boxster order for July with an October delivery date. Just in time to throw a sheet over it since I'm in Cleveland... lol Maybe one day, we will meet!

441 - 460 of 481 Posts