Porsche 718 Forum banner

461 - 480 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! A couple of months ago I ordered a GTS 4.0 Manual in yellow from OPC Leicester with the red stitched GTS interior and a few other options, can't wait, but know I have to! This will be a return to Porsche for me, currently driving a BMW i8 which has been absolutely awesome, but I miss the roof down flat 6 experience that I loved from my previous 987 Boxster S that I had for 6 years from new and also wanted something a little more compact to suit the British country roads! Used to spend a lot of time on Boxa.net in my previous Boxster days, will have to take a look back there too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
good stuff - Roof down was the non negotiable requirement for me when I was looking to get a "fun" car - despite the British weather!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,
Been trying to get an intro posted, just too many things happening lately, (2nd heart attack in April, Stent and Angioplasty, blood infection, and then the regular chores of life). Anyway, saw this 2019 718 Cayman S online in Dallas last May, called, available, and only 375 miles. Used as a customer demo unit, not even a salesman's demo. Great shape and made an offer. Had been waiting for one of the new C8 Corvettes for over 9 months, and GM kept changing production dates due to the pandemic.

The Cayman was way more than I ever expected! Nimble, quick, great handling, (and my wife fell in love with it). Great car and very pleased with it, but being a vette fan, still wanted a C8. A friend called me up and had located one for me; not what I wanted exactly, but close enough. This was last November. Bought it on sight. My friends were asking if I was gonna kept the Porsche, but my wife already had the answer; "If the Porsche goes, then I go. End of discussion!". So I had no choice, I gave it to her. But every now and then, I just gotta get in it and cruise around the countryside near our home. Love this car. I drive it more than my C8.

We're planning on a few road trips when my Cardiologist gives me the OK, and the Porsche is the car for the task, for numerous reasons. So I hope to post more photos in the near future; here's my heartfelt sentiment, "Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting other Porsche owners and enjoying their stories and adventures".
Tom

PS: retired professional photographer worked closely with LE, (municipal, county, state, federal, Houston and Harris County medical industry) consulting in digital imaging, etc.

My previous garage.jpg
C8 2020 Corvette 3LT Z51.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello All,
Been trying to get an intro posted, just too many things happening lately, (2nd heart attack in April, Stent and Angioplasty, blood infection, and then the regular chores of life). Anyway, saw this 2019 718 Cayman S online in Dallas last May, called, available, and only 375 miles. Used as a customer demo unit, not even a salesman's demo. Great shape and made an offer. Had been waiting for one of the new C8 Corvettes for over 9 months, and GM kept changing production dates due to the pandemic.

The Cayman was way more than I ever expected! Nimble, quick, great handling, (and my wife fell in love with it). Great car and very pleased with it, but being a vette fan, still wanted a C8. A friend called me up and had located one for me; not what I wanted exactly, but close enough. This was last November. Bought it on sight. My friends were asking if I was gonna kept the Porsche, but my wife already had the answer; "If the Porsche goes, then I go. End of discussion!". So I had no choice, I gave it to her. But every now and then, I just gotta get in it and cruise around the countryside near our home. Love this car. I drive it more than my C8.

We're planning on a few road trips when my Cardiologist gives me the OK, and the Porsche is the car for the task, for numerous reasons. So I hope to post more photos in the near future; here's my heartfelt sentiment, "Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting other Porsche owners and enjoying their stories and adventures".
Tom

PS: retired professional photographer worked closely with LE, (municipal, county, state, federal, Houston and Harris County medical industry) consulting in digital imaging, etc. View attachment 32243 View attachment 32244 View attachment 32245
View attachment 32248 View attachment 32250
Car(s) look beautiful. Congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery and many, many miles!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice ride. Your wife has excellent taste in cars! Had a friend that nearly died from heart attack. He went out and bought his dream Vette when he recovered. Glad you get to experience more of life. Enjoy both cars to the fullest!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you are on the mend! I wish you and your lovely Bride unlimited miles with ear-to-ear healthy smiles in both of your new cars. Please consider joining the Texas roll call! when you have time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks all for the welcome and sentiments. I know this forum will be a fun and informative experience.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Thanks all for the welcome and sentiments. I know this forum will be a fun and informative experience.
Welcome to our madness! I too had a C8 deposit prior to ordering the Box. It was the neverending delays, the myrid of excuses that had me get my deposit back. Things happen for good reasons. Bumblebee (my Boxster) is an awesome drive/ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to 718forum.com - The best and friendliest Porsche 718 Forum! As a new member please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.
Hello All
I'm new to the community and look forward to assistance with configuring my new 718
After 47 years of driving 911s, I sold my beloved 993 of 26 years in a week at over asking price
I have a C8 Corvette (drove those before 911s) on order for 2 years(!), but was never really comfortable with no manual
While I was waiting to drive the Vette, I read all the comparison tests and went to my local dealer to drive a 4.0 GTS
OMG! It ticked all the right boxes and I recognized the DNA immediately
My friends, mechanic, and accountant can't believe I'm leaving my 911s for a Boxster, but I know cars and what I like
I have a month before lock-in and find the extensive options list confusing
Some things are non-negotiable (6-speed), while I look forward to advice from the forum on most else (color)
I'll even post my configuration du jour if that's not too presumptuous
Please forgive my lengthy first post; I fully look forward to learning from the community
Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Ask away. Lots of experience on this forum. No so much from me... I'm a noob.... but everyone has given me good input these last several months. Welcome to our madness!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just discovered this forum through the 718 Facebook Group.
i live in Delray Beach, FL and own a 2019 Guards Red 718 Boxter which I had built to order.
‘The car is not my daily driver and only has 6,700 miles on it so far. It sure is fun car to drive!
i am looking forward to reading what other owners have to say and maybe asking some questions in the future myself.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just discovered this forum through the 718 Facebook Group.
i live in Delray Beach, FL and own a 2019 Guards Red 718 Boxter which I had built to order.
‘The car is not my daily driver and only has 6,700 miles on it so far. It sure is fun car to drive!
i am looking forward to reading what other owners have to say and maybe asking some questions in the future myself.
Welcome! I’m close by in Parkland.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
Welcome! I’m close by in Parkland.
Welcome to our madness. She's a beauty. A northern neighbor. Lady Lake, FL here. Was in Key Largo for 23 years until 3 years ago. Fort Lauderdale before that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful 718! Your wheels work perfect with the exterior color...and I'll bet that spoke design is fairly easy to clean, compared to most, if not all, of the other wheel options.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Cayman GT4
36 Posts
Hello all. New member here.
It took about 6 months but I received my new 718 GT4 a few weeks ago. Man, I love this car.

View attachment 28634

I'm enjoying this in addition to my first Porsche - '06 Cayman S. Super cool having both cars to compare. These cars have come a long way in 14 years, but it's also very impressive how much remains the same. Many parts of the car are exactly the same. A testament to Porsche for getting it right the first time.

View attachment 28635

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts and learning more about these cars!
Hello,
Your GT4 looks great in guards red! Have you done any modifications? I’m thinking of changing the exhaust.
Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my Boxter GTS 2.5 four weeks ago as my first Porsche. I am blown away! It is proving to be the most fun vehicle I have ever driven - It simply puts a big grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel! Far superior to it's immediate predecessor (AMG SLC43) in terms of response, precision and general road holding. Far, far superior to the M5 that I had before that which was just too blunt and brutal to enjoy fully on UK minor roads. I know that there will be a bunch of experienced Porsche folks on this forum who will tell me that I should have bided my time, saved up a little longer and gone for the six-potter, however, can I just say that I actually LOVE the fact that the 2.5 sounds like a slightly throaty VW Beetle! Also just to add that the only time I've copped out and been forced to put the top up so far was when the snow actually started to settle inside the cabin on a three hour trip to Northumberland! Lovin' it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All
Proud owner of my 1st ever Porsche! Took the plunge 2 weeks ago & got myself Cayman 2.5 GTS in Agate Grey with 20in Carrera s wheels in Black.
The handling on this car has blown me away & although I personally think the exhaust is a little quiet everything else makes uo for it!
Looking forward to reading through the various topics on here?

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
@Gazzer66 Beautiful GTS...more pics please and welcome to the forum!

461 - 480 of 481 Posts