Porsche 718 Forum banner
481 - 500 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman S
7 Posts
Introduction,
Hello everyone. I just took delivery of a 21 CaymanS. I'm new to Porsche ownership and seem to be having an issue w/ Comfort Entry and automatic mirror folding on lock. Both boxes are checked on the PCM and Vehicle instrument panel. However, it seems to lose its mind periodically and doesn't fold the mirrors until I uncheck and recheck the box. Also, the seat doesn't reset to the memory setting upon entry/ign. on/door close. I have to hold the memory button for several seconds until the seat/mirrors/wheel is adjusted. This is a pain in the neck and the owner's manual seems to indicate this process should occur automatically. Does anyone else have this issue or am I missing something in the setup process. Any help is appreciated.
2021 718 CaymanS.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Introduction,
Hello everyone. I just took delivery of a 21 CaymanS. I'm new to Porsche ownership and seem to be having an issue w/ Comfort Entry and automatic mirror folding on lock. Both boxes are checked on the PCM and Vehicle instrument panel. However, it seems to lose its mind periodically and doesn't fold the mirrors until I uncheck and recheck the box. Also, the seat doesn't reset to the memory setting upon entry/ign. on/door close. I have to hold the memory button for several seconds until the seat/mirrors/wheel is adjusted. This is a pain in the neck and the owner's manual seems to indicate this process should occur automatically. Does anyone else have this issue or am I missing something in the setup process. Any help is appreciated. View attachment 32398
Hi, I had the same problem but then I realised i was saving my settings on the number 1 button instead of the one with a Key on it. (That´s a nice dog to)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Introduction,
Hello everyone. I just took delivery of a 21 CaymanS. I'm new to Porsche ownership and seem to be having an issue w/ Comfort Entry and automatic mirror folding on lock. Both boxes are checked on the PCM and Vehicle instrument panel. However, it seems to lose its mind periodically and doesn't fold the mirrors until I uncheck and recheck the box. Also, the seat doesn't reset to the memory setting upon entry/ign. on/door close. I have to hold the memory button for several seconds until the seat/mirrors/wheel is adjusted. This is a pain in the neck and the owner's manual seems to indicate this process should occur automatically. Does anyone else have this issue or am I missing something in the setup process. Any help is appreciated.
I had a similar problem and had to take to the dealer. They indicated it was a sensor in the driver’s seat that needed resetting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to 718forum.com - The best and friendliest Porsche 718 Forum! As a new member please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.
Hi everyone, As I was recently locked out of my 2016 Porsche Boxter with a totally flat battery I tried to find a solution and came up with a blank. So I thought I would share my experience of how I got into the vehicle as even Porsche uk were not that helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to 718forum.com - The best and friendliest Porsche 718 Forum! As a new member please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.
Hi everyone, glad to be joining the 718 forum.

I live in the UK and I bought my 2016 Sapphire Blue Cayman 718 2.0 in June 2020. I absolutely love the driving experience. I am fully aware of the feeling amongst Porsche purists about the flat four turbo engine but I have to say this really does not bother me. I think it’s a great power unit totally suited to the Cayman dynamics and I think it sounds great too.

To date, I have experienced one problem, a water pump failure, literally the other day as i was taking the car for it’s MOT. Hopefully the pump will be replaced under the warranty cover.

I look forward to reading and learning more about other owners experiences with their 718s and pleased that this forum exists for like minded enthusiasts.

Cheers
Chucky

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
528 Posts
Welcome to our madness. She's a beauty! I only have 297 miles so far and am not qualified for answering problem questions at this point. I too am learning from this learned group. They will give you sage advice.....

I do know that you're parked by one of the best original circuits left on the planet. Talk about a historical venue..... I love the way the airport fits inside the track.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hi everyone, glad to be joining the 718 forum.

I live in the UK and I bought my 2016 Sapphire Blue Cayman 718 2.0 in June 2020. I absolutely love the driving experience. I am fully aware of the feeling amongst Porsche purists about the flat four turbo engine but I have to say this really does not bother me. I think it’s a great power unit totally suited to the Cayman dynamics and I think it sounds great too.

To date, I have experienced one problem, a water pump failure, literally the other day as i was taking the car for it’s MOT. Hopefully the pump will be replaced under the warranty cover.

I look forward to reading and learning more about other owners experiences with their 718s and pleased that this forum exists for like minded enthusiasts.

Cheers
Chucky
View attachment 32835
Beautiful Cayman! Sapphire Blue Metallic is one amazing color (the best color IMHO). Welcome to the Forum. I wish you unlimited miles of smiles in your new radiant SBM steed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello.!! I am a proud owner of a Boxer 2.5 PDK 718 since 2017, great Car, !! I live in Chile and this is my first Porsche and I think I will never let her go.. (love) I have a Repro that gets hp to 420 and toque 540 nm..!! now thinking of a color wrap and rims painting...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, new to this forum. I've owned several 911s and one Panamera over the years, starting with a 996 that I still remember getting an allocation for and being so excited :)

This will be my first Boxster. I just put the deposit in yesterday for a Spyder. We'll see if I ever get an allocation. I decided to try a brand new dealer that just opened a few miles away. Lovely brand new dealership, in an impressive new building, but I have no relationship with them and have absolutely no idea if they will ever actually get me a car.

My dream is to be enjoying this Spyder in summer of 2022. But for now I'll just drool over all of yours. Congrats on the beautiful cars!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, along with the Wait Club where we all drool together…hopefully not too long!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
528 Posts
Hi, new to this forum. I've owned several 911s and one Panamera over the years, starting with a 996 that I still remember getting an allocation for and being so excited :)

This will be my first Boxster. I just put the deposit in yesterday for a Spyder. We'll see if I ever get an allocation. I decided to try a brand new dealer that just opened a few miles away. Lovely brand new dealership, in an impressive new building, but I have no relationship with them and have absolutely no idea if they will ever actually get me a car.

My dream is to be enjoying this Spyder in summer of 2022. But for now I'll just drool over all of yours. Congrats on the beautiful cars!
Welcome to our madness.... We're divided into two parts. Those of us who have "waited". (You can tell us by the big grins plastered to our countences). And those of us who are waiting (we have that wistful, faraway look in our eyes generally focused on Southern Germany). Like I said.... enjoy our madness!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here…just acquired a 2017 718 Boxster! Jet Black Metallic with the 20” Carrera S wheels painted to match. This is my 3rd Porsche with the previous ones being a ‘87 944 and a ‘88 951

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
528 Posts
New member here…just acquired a 2017 718 Boxster! Jet Black Metallic with the 20” Carrera S wheels painted to match. This is my 3rd Porsche with the previous ones being a ‘87 944 and a ‘88 951
Welcome to our madness! You found the right place. Good travels with your new beast. Where are the photos?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congratulations, sounds like a beautiful ride! However, 7 hours and still no pics...that could be held against you :sneaky:.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Spyder
8 Posts
I am new to the group, but not to Porsches. Last week I took delivery of a new 718 Spyder after a 12 week wait. I sold my 993 and wanted something in which I can enjoy some open air motoring. Intending to order a GTS 4.0, the dealer allowed me to drive a Spyder with <1k miles that had just been traded in. After taking it out I returned and told the sales person that I needed to reconsider the GTS. Knowing that at that time there were no Spyder allocations, I left to reconsider what I wanted to do. Two days later I received a call telling me that someone had backed out of an allocation and that it was mine if I'd like, but he needed to know within a few days. It took me less than a few seconds to respond.
I had it ceramic coated and PPF put on all the vulnerable areas, installed some GT4 scoops and now it's ready for the road. It has been raining here almost everyday since the beginning of July and I am a little OCD, so haven't taken it out (my wife reminds me that it's not made of sugar and it is OK to get it wet).
I am also very active in our PCA region, serving on the board. If you aren't a PCA member, check it out. It is the best Porsche related thing you can get for less than $50.
I like to do a lot of my own work and am glad to be part of this community.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I am new to the group, but not to Porsches. Last week I took delivery of a new 718 Spyder after a 12 week wait. I sold my 993 and wanted something in which I can enjoy some open air motoring. Intending to order a GTS 4.0, the dealer allowed me to drive a Spyder with <1k miles that had just been traded in. After taking it out I returned and told the sales person that I needed to reconsider the GTS. Knowing that at that time there were no Spyder allocations, I left to reconsider what I wanted to do. Two days later I received a call telling me that someone had backed out of an allocation and that it was mine if I'd like, but he needed to know within a few days. It took me less than a few seconds to respond.
I had it ceramic coated and PPF put on all the vulnerable areas, installed some GT4 scoops and now it's ready for the road. It has been raining here almost everyday since the beginning of July and I am a little OCD, so haven't taken it out (my wife reminds me that it's not made of sugar and it is OK to get it wet).
I am also very active in our PCA region, serving on the board. If you aren't a PCA member, check it out. It is the best Porsche related thing you can get for less than $50.
Great story! Plus 1 on the benefits of PCA, they're great folks. PCA HPDE's are extremely well run and I always feel safer there as opposed to the the public options (e.g. Edge Addicts, Track Night in America, etc.).

I wish you unlimited miles of healthy smiles in your new Spyder. Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
88 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood.
I see from the intro this isn't your first fling with a P 4-cylinder turbo. What's the story there?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
528 Posts
Welcome to our madness. I joined PCA a few weeks ago after the arrival of my Box. First outing with them will be this Saturday. Hopefully I'll meet some nice folk and get some good photos (which will be posted). Our region (Citrus of Florida) has been very accommodating to my needs and requests.
Where are photos of your new ride?

·
Registered
2021 Spyder
8 Posts
Welcome to our madness. I joined PCA a few weeks ago after the arrival of my Box. First outing with them will be this Saturday. Hopefully I'll meet some nice folk and get some good photos (which will be posted). Our region (Citrus of Florida) has been very accommodating to my needs and requests.
Where are photos of your new ride?
As soon as I figure out how to post a photo.

481 - 500 of 527 Posts