·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Oo la la, she’s a real beauty!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thank you.
One shot before installing the GT4 side scoops and one with the scoops. I thought I would love them, but I am still not sure I'll keep them on.
I love the look of your silver GT4 side scoop(s). Why are you considering reverting back?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I like that they distinguish my car from other GT Silver Spyders, but the pop of the black intake breaks up all the silver on the side of the car
Thought that might be it. Regardless, I'm a fan of both...it's a Spyder. Either way, I won't have any trouble finding your car at a future Schnell Fest.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
I like that they distinguish my car from other GT Silver Spyders, but the pop of the black intake breaks up all the silver on the side of the car
I remember in a previous discussion on the forum that the owner thought they extended too for his liking. I think the Spyder looks brilliant in both modes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good morning from Boston 🌞.
My name is Rick and this is my first Porsche purchase, however I've been lucky enough to have driven a couple different models along the way.
Purchased this used 2019 Boxster S with 9,400 miles about a month ago. White/ Black, Sport+ Chrono package, Black Carrera Wheels. Now I want the GTS 4.0 already!!! Here's the best pic I can conjure up today, cars at the dealer getting the front-end 3M wrap.

My first Boxster experience was extremely boring as the car shifts at 2k rpm, next thing you know your in 7th gear going 60mph..that lasted about a mile, then I discovered sport mode, paddle shifters, 7,000rpm per gear and the flawless PDK system!! Now I'm the proud owner of my own little rocket. Still learning all the features so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll navigate around to see what everyone has to share and offer for advice.

My first question. Are there any performance mods worthy or should I just go for the GTS model?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
529 Posts
My name is Rick and this is my first Porsche purchase, however I've been lucky enough to have driven a couple different models along the way.
Purchased this used 2019 Boxster S with 9,400 miles about a month ago. White/ Black, Sport+ Chrono package, Black Carrera Wheels. Now I want the GTS 4.0 already!!! Here's the best pic I can conjure up today, cars at the dealer getting the front-end 3M wrap.

My first Boxster experience was extremely boring as the car shifts at 2k rpm, next thing you know your in 7th gear going 60mph..that lasted about a mile, then I discovered sport mode, paddle shifters, 7,000rpm per gear and the flawless PDK system!! Now I'm the proud owner of my own little rocket. Still learning all the features so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll navigate around to see what everyone has to share and offer for advice.

My first question. Are there any performance mods worthy or should I just go for the GTS model?

View attachment 33502
Welcome to our madness. I'll let the track guru's give advice for performance mods. We have a diverse group here.....

Reactions: Max Recoil

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Looks great Max you will have fun in that 😃

I am currently toying with the idea of a new S,
But you have Sapphire Blue Metallic...need I say more!?!

·
Registered
718 Cayman S 2018, lowered 30mm with TechArt springs, porschecrests on frunk and center cap shields
9 Posts
New member here: CaymanS8
I have a white 2018 718 CS. This is my third Porsche: '61 356B, 2012 911/997.2 GTS. I absolutely love my 718! The interior is practically identical to my GTS. I do miss the Recaro seats but the clutch pedal was killing me in traffic around the Bay Area. Better gas mileage and low end torque along with the mid engine and two trunks? And the engine growl and pop/blatt in Sport Mode? What's not to like?
PERFORMANCE.JPG

Lowered 30mm with TechArt springs. Center caps and frunk shields by porschecrests.com
Image (3).jpeg

·
Registered
718 Cayman S 2018, lowered 30mm with TechArt springs, porschecrests on frunk and center cap shields
9 Posts

View attachment 33502
With the GTS you get a NA engine and you'll lose that low end torque. Stay boosted my friend!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
New member here: CaymanS8
I have a white 2018 718 CS. This is my third Porsche: '61 356B, 2012 911/997.2 GTS. I absolutely love my 718! The interior is practically identical to my GTS. I do miss the Recaro seats but the clutch pedal was killing me in traffic around the Bay Area. Better gas mileage and low end torque along with the mid engine and two trunks? And the engine growl and pop/blatt in Sport Mode? What's not to like? View attachment 33657

Lowered 30mm with TechArt springs. Center caps and frunk shields by porschecrests.com View attachment 33658
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. I wish you unlimited miles of smiles in your beautiful Cayman GTS.

Special thanks for displaying your special red, white & blue Porsche crest. Except for color, does the crest appear OEM quality? Also, do you know if the blue in your crest is similar in shade to Gentian Blue Metallic? If so, I'll swap one like it with the stock hood crest on our (soon to be delivered 🙏) GTS. Cheers!

Reactions: Robsx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. I wish you unlimited miles of smiles in your beautiful Cayman GTS.

Special thanks for displaying your special red, white & blue Porsche crest. Except for color, does the crest appear OEM quality? Also, do you know if the blue in your crest is similar in shade to Gentian Blue Metallic? If so, I'll swap one like it with the stock hood crest on our (soon to be delivered 🙏) GTS. Cheers!
The crests from porschecrests.com are excellent quality. Check porschecrests.com on Facebook. There is no website. They will customize any colors for your crest(s). I saw the R/W/B on a car at Car Week one year and got to Jim at [email protected] PS there is a website porschecrest.com also. Both sites are just links to other sites...

501 - 520 of 527 Posts