Porsche 718 Forum banner
581 - 600 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! Do share some good road recommendations in Frederick County! I live in Fairfax County, across the river from you.
Old Frederick Rd, from about 8 miles north of Frederick, off of US 15 north, to Emmistburg. Stop at Utica, left on Utica Road, to see the covered wooden bridge. Then further north, another covered bridge at Loy’s Station Park. In Emmitsburg, the Carriage House Inn has good meals and good service.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just traded a 2014 Cayman S for a 2021 718 GT4 (used). Perform most basic maintenance myself so looking forward to technical discussions and tips.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum...please post pics so those of us held hostage in the Waiters Club can drool. Cheers!

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Welcome to our madness!

·
Registered
718 Boxster, (PDK) GT Silver metallic, 2019
17 Posts
Hello fellow 718 Boxster owners,
I've only just found this forum but I've been the proud owner of my 718 Boxster for about 18 months and just love it. I never saw myself as a Porsche owner having previously owned a succession of Audi TT coupes. I wanted a convertible but I'm not a fan of the Audi TT soft-top so started exploring alternatives, and after considering (and dismissing) the Jag F-Type, tried out the Boxster. Budget wouldn't extend to new so eventually found a perfectly spec-ed ex-demonstrator - 718 Boxter, GT Silver metallic, 20-inch Carrera S wheels, in satin platinum finish (just love those wheels!) PDK, Agate grey interior, Sport Chrono Package. I just love the whole look of the car which feels like a classic Porsche. And the drive, with the top down 90% of the time, is just fantastic. No more Audis for me.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hello fellow 718 Boxster owners,
I've only just found this forum but I've been the proud owner of my 718 Boxster for about 18 months and just love it. I never saw myself as a Porsche owner having previously owned a succession of Audi TT coupes. I wanted a convertible but I'm not a fan of the Audi TT soft-top so started exploring alternatives, and after considering (and dismissing) the Jag F-Type, tried out the Boxster. Budget wouldn't extend to new so eventually found a perfectly spec-ed ex-demonstrator - 718 Boxter, GT Silver metallic, 20-inch Carrera S wheels, in satin platinum finish (just love those wheels!) PDK, Agate grey interior, Sport Chrono Package. I just love the whole look of the car which feels like a classic Porsche. And the drive, with the top down 90% of the time, is just fantastic. No more Audis for me.

View attachment 36721
Well done! She's beautiful and a very fine choice. Curious as to your opinion of how she performs and handles compared to your TTs. Test drove a TT RS at COTA. Power and handling were impressive, certainly better than I expected; however, I had already been smitten with the looks and agility of the Boxster. May your Boxster provide unlimited miles of healty smiles!

Reactions: Robsx and Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Welcome to our madness. She's a beauty. You checked all the boxes and are lucky to find such a Boxster actually available. You're now an official member of the Topless Club.....

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Back in a P car after 20 years. Daily drove my 74 914 and 86 944 turbo in the 90s and early 00s. Switched to ///M cars for 2 decades. Just sold my 2014 M6 for a 2019 GTS in yellow. Glad to be back

Lexington KY

View attachment 36753
Your car looks mean, agressive, beautiful, and ready to rumble. Well done mate. Enjoy the highways and byways.

Reactions: castlesteve

·
Registered
718 Boxster, (PDK) GT Silver metallic, 2019
17 Posts
Well done! She's beautiful and a very fine choice. Curious as to your opinion of how she performs and handles compared to your TTs. Test drove a TT RS at COTA. Power and handling were impressive, certainly better than I expected; however, I had already been smitten with the looks and agility of the Boxster. May your Boxster provide unlimited miles of healty smiles!
I had three TTs, two Mk 2s Coupes and a Mk3 before the Porsche. They were all S-Line models; my budget didn't stretch to as RS model. I really liked the look of the TT Coupe and the Audi build quality. You couldn't fault the drive of the TT but a bit soulless; it kinda drove itself. The 718 on the other hand is a real pleasure to drive especially with the top down, less refined than the TT, but in a good way... you feel you're actually driving it..

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Kentuckian! I need to get down your way and run the Palisades!

Reactions: castlesteve

·
Registered
2020 Macan & 2022 Cayman S (December 2021 Delivery)
21 Posts
Hello fellow enthusiasts! I've been learning from this forum as I waited for my ship to come in (from Emden!). That happened this last week and today I am enjoying a new Cayman S! My first observations are: 1-Way better than I thought it was going to be, 2-Bose system really not all bad, 3-Nav not great, could have saved some money there, 4-drives like a dream (you already knew that), and 5-Seems so natural to drive, it's as if I had been driving this car for years. Here's some pics:
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Plant Tire

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Photograph

Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Window

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new CS...with the perfect set of wheels to make her sing in an area chock full of twisties at the ready for your every day pleasure. Cheers!

Reactions: Robsx and K. Folsom

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
That is one sleek, good looking Cay! All the best. Timing couldn't be better. Will it fit under your tree? Or, at least, post a photo with a big bow on it..... Many miles; Many smiles.....

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,302 Posts
Hello fellow enthusiasts! I've been learning from this forum as I waited for my ship to come in (from Emden!). That happened this last week and today I am enjoying a new Cayman S! My first observations are: 1-Way better than I thought it was going to be, 2-Bose system really not all bad, 3-Nav not great, could have saved some money there, 4-drives like a dream (you already knew that), and 5-Seems so natural to drive, it's as if I had been driving this car for years.
That color looks better and better each time I see it. And I love the wheels and interior! Congratulations!🍾

581 - 600 of 626 Posts