Porsche 718 Forum banner
601 - 620 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy Holidays to all, So I've been in a family of bmws once we were in position to reap the benefits of German cars. Being born and raised in New York City a car wasn't a necessity it was more of and luxury especially at my age. My personal first car was a bmw 2014 435i coupe "manual". I was excited until that m4 came out a few months later being that from history its usually a year bare minimum before one gets rolled out. I felt the electric steering was terrible compared to my brothers 328xi manual I drove in 2008. Shortly after I purchased that car my dad purchased a 2014 Boxster "manual" 6 cylinder aspirated for those who aren't familiar, Once I drove his car I no longer wanted my car haha. I decided to wait for the future of the Boxster though I always preferred the cayman. I took a trip to Porsche Atlanta driving experience center and drove a cayman GTS PDK for the first time on track and immediately fell in love with the 718 line. I then purchase a 2017 718 Boxster of course manual haha, PDK owners I don't think I any less of your car especially that on paper its known to be "better" I just love the feel of switching gears my self and not having the computer do majority of the work. In closing my pics are as followed and I would like to get a few mods and open to ALL opinions.
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally decided to find a forum dedicated to Cayman. I ordered a CGTS/manual late OCT '21 that's due late MAY '22. Will be my first Porsche and my 1st ever new car. Hope it's as much fun as my '03 SL55 AMG and '91 NSX are ! Although I KNOW it will NOT be a much fun as my FJR1300 !! I still have a few days to consider changes to my build thus I may have a few questions going forward. From what I've seen thus far I'm sure some of you will have "good" advice to offer !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I have been following the site for more than few years and decide to join the site as I have recently placed an order for base Cayman (details below). Looking forward to being a member of 718 community.
2022 Base Cayman (Delivery Target – End of April)
  • Aventurine Green with Black/Luxor beige full leather interior, base wheels
  • PDK, PASM (10 mm), PTV, Sports Chrono, Sport Tailpipes Black, Extended Tank
  • LED (PDLS+), Light Design Package
  • Heated Steering Wheel, Sports Seats Plus, Smoking Package, Luggage Net
  • Bose Surround System
Can’t wait for the delivery of the car. 😊 Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Speedometer
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Welcome to our madness. She's a beauty. Miles of smiles await on the highways and byways.....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Whoops, thought I was posting here. Anyway, hello everyone. New to me 21 Cayman S manual [3 pedals as god intended]

F1Hammy
Congratulations and glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Good morning! Always been a Porsche fan and got lucky with 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 build! I picked it up New Years Eve and it’s put away until April. Thanks for having me! View attachment 37891
View attachment 37892
View attachment 37890
I like it... I like it... Have I mentioned that I like it? April can't come fast enough for you.... Let's see how long you can hold out....

Or, you could join our merry band in Florida where you can drive your beautiful P every day..... Just saying....

Welcome aboard....

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Boxster S Convertible, Jeep Wrangler, Honda Odyssey
2 Posts
New member and first Porsche.

V160, June 4
V250, Oct 22
V260, Nov 5
V300, Nov 12
V900, Jan 4
Delivery, Jan 10
Suntek PPF, Jan 11

S, PDK, Sport Chrono, Prem Pkg, Pwr Seats.

Was scheduled for Porsche Experience Center delivery in Atl but the backlog was going to add 12 more weeks - got it home just in time for the Charlotte "blizzard".

Will post some real pictures once the sun's out.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and our madness. Another beauty enters the fold. My best friend/atty. lives in your neck of the woods. He had a foot of the white stuff covering an unplowed road. "Going nowhere" says he....

Be careful with your new baby. Spring isn't that far away....

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
New member and first Porsche.

V160, June 4
V250, Oct 22
V260, Nov 5
V300, Nov 12
V900, Jan 4
Delivery, Jan 10
Suntek PPF, Jan 11

S, PDK, Sport Chrono, Prem Pkg, Pwr Seats.

Was scheduled for Porsche Experience Center delivery in Atl but the backlog was going to add 12 more weeks - got it home just in time for the Charlotte "blizzard".

Will post some real pictures once the sun's out.

View attachment 37975
Sweet new steed that looks ready to romp...may she bring you unlimited miles of smiles! We look forward to sunny pics, along with your observations and comparisons of your first Porsche to any of your previous sporty steeds.

Sad to hear the PEC delivery schedule was so booked that you abandoned....three months also wouldn't work for me (our GTS build freezes on Feb 9 and we optioned PEC delivery). Glad that hasn't dampened your enthusiasm. Did you option PEC delivery before your car was built and delivered and, if so, how was the change handled after your freeze date.
  • When you were informed there would be a 12 week wait, were you given the choice of having your car delivered directly to your dealer?
  • Were you required to pay for alternate transportation to your dealer?
  • Was the PEC cost refunded or removed from your purchase price?
Any other nuances you can share would be quite helpful to those of us also planing on an upcoming PEC delivery.

Welcome to the forum and thank you in advance for you insight.

Reactions: Raven
601 - 620 of 626 Posts