Porsche 718 Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Best daily driver I’ve ever had. Top down in 45 degrees is a delight. Making the back slide on cold mornings still makes me smile. Still sounds great with stock exhaust.

Wish the heated seats worked better :) and I wish I had PASM to make it look alittle lower (and handle even better). Driving in snow isn’t bad but get 18” winter tires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My wife is used to pushing car doors harder I guess. Sometimes I think the hinges are going to fail when she shuts her door despite repeated suggestions that she do it more gently :confused:
Mine does the same. Regardless, I gave up suggesting more gentle closures to keep peace, since "everyone knows how to close a car door."

Now I just cringe, pray the other windows don't blow out, and shield my eyes from possible flying shards of glass...especially in my Suburban. Oddly, she seems somewhat less heavy handed in her SL450...then again, it could be my mind playing tricks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine was putting her fingers on the door window to close it.

Ho all those finger marks on the glass.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife is used to pushing car doors harder I guess. Sometimes I think the hinges are going to fail when she shuts her door despite repeated suggestions that she do it more gently :confused:
Yes, I have the same situation here. My wife has a Jeep Wrangler so she is used to having to slam the doors on that thing to get them to latch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not all of these are exclusive to the 718 but here's my updated list after two months of ownership.
1) The super short throw on the PDK lever when you put it in gear is really satisfying. I expected it to feel the same as the Macan GTS I owned previously but it doesn't at all.
2) Agate Grey Metallic might be my favorite color ever for hiding dirt AND showing off the gorgeous curves of the 718 at the same time. I like it much better than the Volcano Grey that was on my Macan.
3) 14-way seats + 19" wheels + standard suspension = a very comfortable sports car. The chassis overall is brilliant (that part is not a surprise) but it manages to have a high level of grip, excellent communication through the seat of the pants and deliver a comfortable ride at the same time. It rides better than my NC Miata despite having better body control (stock Miata is soft and squishy but also transmits alot of vibration and harshness) and handles bumps and road imperfections better than the TT-RS I owned for a short while.
4) The amount of grunt Porsche gets out of just two liters of displacement. The power band is wide and does not fall off at the top end and we finally have enough shove in the base car to exploit the excellent chassis a little bit. I took my Dad for his first ride in the Cayman Friday evening and after puttering around for a while in Normal I turned off on a back road with some excellent curves and put it in Sport +. His response at the end when I told him it was just a 2 liter 4 cylinder was "that's amazing!"
5) And one that isn't so nice - less than six thousand miles on the car and I already have areas in front of and behind the rear wheels where the paint has been chipped/marred/ sandblasted due to road debris and the location of the rear tires. I was planning on taking the car to a trusted detailer this Spring anyway to do Ceramic Pro and some paint protection film in certain areas but he's going to have to do some paint correction because of the damage. I am used to sports cars and I take it as a given that they are more subject to debris causing paint issues on the lower body work but this one has surprised me with how quickly it has gotten scuffed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Love my agate gray for the same reasons! Also, I did the Ceramic Pro only on my Cayman and after a year of country roads and two track weekends, I have a tiny chip on my lower hood that you really have to know about to see. I'm happy with how easy it is to wash the car and the protection. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My agate gray does not hide pollen which is now abundant and annoying. Sorry for those allergy sufferers! I self-applied PPF to those rear wheel places and that has saved a number of chips based on the roughness of the PPF. I too recommend that at a minimum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My agate gray does not hide pollen which is now abundant and annoying. Sorry for those allergy sufferers! I self-applied PPF to those rear wheel places and that has saved a number of chips based on the roughness of the PPF. I too recommend that at a minimum.
Which PPF did you use ? Thanks

+1 for Agate Grey. Color was forced onto me initally but aside from Chalk it is now my favorite color. Haven't decided what I think about Miami Blue. I loooove it but am not sure that I would feel that way into the 3rd, 4th,5th year and beyond.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Which PPF did you use ? Thanks

+1 for Agate Grey. Color was forced onto me initally but aside from Chalk it is now my favorite color. Haven't decided what I think about Miami Blue. I loooove it but am not sure that I would feel that way into the 3rd, 4th,5th year and beyond.
3M, but there are lots of choices in various sizes. Your preference. Not difficult in those areas if you take time to make templates and follow online tutorials. Much less expensive than local shop quoted and I might say, an excellent outcome. Plus the satisfaction in a DIY!

I do like the "see me" colors for sure. But almost all of my cars have been muted in color so I was not willing to take the leap on this one.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts