Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Moving on....I recently traded my 718 in on a Tesla X (I am keeping my Macan). I am writing for two reasons: First, to give info about residual value, and second to thank the creators and participants of this Forum. My 718 (base, mt) cost $59K (ex fees and taxes) and my trade-in (including sales tax credit) was $49.5K. I picked up the 718 two years ago at PEC ATL - that experience was great, as was the drive back to AZ. Driving the 718 has suited my driving style - I don't track, but the kick plate at PEC was no problem. The car was driven 17.5K miles, and the only cost was a new set of rear tires after 11K miles. Second, this Forum has greatly improved my ownership experience - lots of good information and only little ad hominem bs. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
In 2007 I bought a new Subaru Forester (in Europe). I loved that car! Got involved with an mild offroading group and had a ton of fun.

I could see it side by side with the 718, but only the 2007. Newer Foresters are more SUV than Crossovers (like the MY2007 Forester was).

Wranglers were unreliable when Chrysler owned them as an independent company. What makes you think that Fiat (!!!) can make them reliable? Fiat?...(n)
Me too, I pick Forester over Wranglers too. Actually I bought my daughter a Forester for her college life and it is rock solid but just no sport car handling.

If I have to trade in my 718 and not for another porsche then I will go for FK8 Civic TypeR for sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Moving on....I recently traded my 718 in on a Tesla X (I am keeping my Macan). I am writing for two reasons: First, to give info about residual value, and second to thank the creators and participants of this Forum. My 718 (base, mt) cost $59K (ex fees and taxes) and my trade-in (including sales tax credit) was $49.5K. I picked up the 718 two years ago at PEC ATL - that experience was great, as was the drive back to AZ. Driving the 718 has suited my driving style - I don't track, but the kick plate at PEC was no problem. The car was driven 17.5K miles, and the only cost was a new set of rear tires after 11K miles. Second, this Forum has greatly improved my ownership experience - lots of good information and only little ad hominem bs. Thanks.
Great info. $5K depreciation for two years and 17K miles is great! Thank you for sharing. Happy trails in your Tesla X..you are bucking the trend by not getting a Jeep!!! :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts