Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering my first Boxster.
20” 911 Turbo wheels or 20” 718 Satin Black Sport Wheels?
Espresso/Cognac Natural Leather or Black/Luxor Beige Leather?
Night Blue Metallic or Agate Gray Metallic?
What exterior colors go with the Espresso/ Cognac interior?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First off, congratulations...I too am ordering my first Boxster. As I have learned here, there is no wrong answer and go with what you like. It's your car after all. That being said, some people better with colors than others...lol. Personally, if your asking my opinion, Night Blue goes better with Black/Chalk interior, blue or black. The Agate Gray is a neutral color, subsequently, really goes with almost anything. The Expresso/Cognac interior I think goes best with the Aventurine Green IMHO. This also includes the Black/Luxor Beige interior. Add in the Satin Aurum wheels and wow, that's a stunner. Myself personally, have labored over the configurator. It's an evil tool....somewhat draining...At the end of the day, I had to ask myself do I want to go bold or do I want something really cool that would peak someone's interest. Then, work from there. Good luck! I went bold!....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congrats on your upcoming order.

If you can take a screen shot of the different builds from the configurator, it will give folk a better chance to comments once they see it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your upcoming order.

If you can take a screen shot of the different builds from the configurator, it will give folk a better chance to comments once they see it.
Great suggestion Scrounger.
I will try.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
672 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I hope your not as indecisive as I am.

I've also ordered my first porsche, and getting the options list right has been as much fun as it has been annoying lol

I was all set on guards red with the satin black alloys (very sporty), but almost certainly going to change to gentian blue with platinum alloys.

as for what goes well with the cognac interior, I've found that you simply can't spec a bad looking porsche. You're just gonna have to spend a few hours(weeks) on the configurator, youtube and google images lol

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rec'd my 2021 BGTS 4 weeks ago...AGATE GRAY over Black/Bordeaux(Black calipers)..car is interesting but low key/ Just what I like, until you see the Bordeaux, just a little flash. The night Blue metallic would be a little more elegant, a little less low key. Not sure the right interior, but not Bordeaux, maybe a Graphite Blue, some contrast, but not clash. A lighter gray would work, but not offered. Have fun with your decision. BTW, the colors on the site aren't true, you should see them in person....

·
Registered
2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
7 Posts
I say a Guards Red with Expresso/Cognac interior at a dealer and it looked terrific. I ordered a Cayman GTS 4.0 in Carmine Red with Expresso/Cognac and it is now in production, V260.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My GTS has espresso interior but Agate Grey is listed on build sheet. I am not sure what happened but I do like the espresso interior with Chalk exterior.

·
Registered
Porsche 991.2 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
1 Posts
Not a 718, but here is Night Blue over Saddle Brown 991.2 C4S Cab. Saddle Brown is similar to but slightly lighter than Espresso Brown, but you get the idea. In real life, this combination works very well, especially with a Navy Blue roof. Night Blue goes much better with brown leather interiors than Gentian Blue. Lastly, though I normally hate brown, this color is very refreshing compared to black. Last picture is what a brown roof looks like with Agate Gray. Hope these help give a feel for the interior/exterior colors/combo.

·
Registered
on order
17 Posts
i just went through this hard process myself - its really tough based on how unrealistic the configurator is with colors.

I wound up choosing Dolomite silver over Graphite Blue leather with Satin Platinum painted wheels.

The close second was GT silver over black/Bordeaux and as seen in the photo above its a stunning combination.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a GT silver kind of guy, but I saw a Boxster S locally in Agate Grey (a colour I'm normally not a big fan of) and it really suited the car - looked really sharp top up with the black roof (can't remember if the rims were black or sliver). It's funny how colours affect the vibe of cars differently between models. When I was shopping a 911, it was guards red for me all the way because I didn't feel the loud colour made the 911 too "young" due to it's classic lines and the streets definitely need more colour on them. The Boxster OTOH screams sporty and young with the traditional race colours (in my mind) and GT Silver seems to tone it down a bit and suit my style. Gentian (type) blues seems to suit all Porsche styles and is pretty safe. If I was twenty, it would be lava orange all the way :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts