Porsche 718 Forum banner
2661 - 2680 of 2746 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
A bit of fun to add a rear pop of colour whilst wondering whether to colour my 718S badge yellow or lizard green,
added some emergency vehicle high reflective tape underneath the spoiler.
Invisible when spoiler is down but a nice a clear when up, amazing pop of colour when headlights are on it from behind 😂
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 718 Boxster S, 2007 Cayman
169 Posts
3000 mile trip in my 718 Boxster S, loved every minute. Installed the car play module before leaving, pretty sure saved me 5 speeding tickets, loved having the native GPS in center dash, while having waze app GPS in the stereo screen.. Notice the amazing gas mileage 31.4 miles per gallon at 72 miles per hour. My Son with big smile, everyone of my friends had to have a ride in the Porsche
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Speedometer
Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
942 Posts
And for those carbon fiber lovers out there feast your eyes on these pieces of heaven :love: what's fantastic is the owner delivered these personally as he didn't want UPS or FEDEX to damage these(y) These are from the same manufacturer that did the rest of my aero on the Porsche...TAKD_Carbon. Again keeping with the blue carbon fiber theme that SCM created for me with my interior pieces which i still have to post some better detailed pictures but he will also do the slatts in blue carbon fiber as well as the gas lid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Washed the car yesterday then drove it to get a haircut and got rained on during the drive home. Washed and detailed it again today and finally installed the Zunsport front radiator grills and the RGS side intake grills I’d ordered a few weeks back. I ordered a set of side Zunsport grills at the same time so I could see them in person and decide which to keep.

Zunsport fronts went in fast with no issues, I like the look and I really like having the front strakes protected.

I didn’t install the side Zunsport grills but did hold them up to see what they looked like before removing the side intakes and installing the RGS.

Removal was pretty straightforward and it helped reading someone here say it will take some effort and make some noises that will make you wince. True on both counts but nothing broke. The RGS sides were fussy and wouldn’t stay in place so I ended up wiring the grills to the intake slats to hold them in place while I got everything situated. Once everything clicked in I just removed the wire only to find each grill, while fitting nice and firm at the forward edge (closest to the door), is a bit loose and floppy at the trailing edge (closest to the tire) and shows a slight gap. Not completely satisfied with the fitment but to be honest I’m not sure I’d notice if I didn’t do the work myself.

I’m going to let this simmer for a while before deciding which side grill set to sell.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Grille

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Washed the car yesterday then drove it to get a haircut and got rained on during the drive home. Washed and detailed it again today and finally installed the Zunsport front radiator grills and the RGS side intake grills I’d ordered a few weeks back. I ordered a set of side Zunsport grills at the same time so I could see them in person and decide which to keep.

Zunsport fronts went in fast with no issues, I like the look and I really like having the front strakes protected.

I didn’t install the side Zunsport grills but did hold them up to see what they looked like before removing the side intakes and installing the RGS.

Removal was pretty straightforward and it helped reading someone here say it will take some effort and make some noises that will make you wince. True on both counts but nothing broke. The RGS sides were fussy and wouldn’t stay in place so I ended up wiring the grills to the intake slats to hold them in place while I got everything situated. Once everything clicked in I just removed the wire only to find each grill, while fitting nice and firm at the forward edge (closest to the door), is a bit loose and floppy at the trailing edge (closest to the tire) and shows a slight gap. Not completely satisfied with the fitment but to be honest I’m not sure I’d notice if I didn’t do the work myself.

I’m going to let this simmer for a while before deciding which side grill set to sell.
View attachment 44073
Excellent job, your side vents look great! I put RGS behind our '17 BS side vents because I really liked their looks far better than the other options. That said, the grills did have a tendency to slide downward over time....although, not far enough out of place for anyone (except me) to notice. Eventually would have pulled the vents off and secured them, but we sold her before I remembered to solve the problem.

Still, I went with RGS side vent grills on our new BGTS. Again, it was simply style preference on my part. In addition, I knew the GTS vent would not permit any grill slippage. This is because the area behind the vent is designed differently than the Base and "S" side vents.

Reactions: Raven and MuadDale

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Re-aligned the phasers. Upgraded to Type C photon torpedoes. Replaced the faulty shield generator relay on the starboard side aft. Otherwise it's the same Cayman I've driven and loved since I bought it. Have had no reason to upgrade anything else that wasn't mounted on a wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did a bunch of things, first time changing anything on my cayman as I’ve tried so **** hard to leave it alone. But the mod itch hit so I got to work

First was purchasing a few things.

19” Apex SM-10s
OEM Black Exhaust Tips
OEM Short Shifter
Black Headlight Washer Washer Caps

Then I removed a few things

And swapped

And then spent several hours giving the car a detail, making sure to polish and wax the areas where the emblem and vinyl decals were.

It cleans up pretty well for being my daily driver

Next up I need to get the wheels swapped, the suspension (not pictured as I’m waiting for it to ship), and the short shifter and exhaust tip installed.

I’m also debating spyder scoops instead of going for gt4s. I just like the cleaner look, seems to be a larger inlet as well. Anyone done this swap?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Share what you did to your 718 Boxster/Cayman with the community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Installed the Tubi exhaust rear section, now looking for a tune.

Anything goes....
Did you do the W/S ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good so far. I'm not normally a fan of black wheels, but I'll reserve judgment until I see them in place.

And I've seen that Rabbit in the background on Vortex. I still love those wheels on it. I sold my Mk1 project last month.
View attachment 44116
Hey Arne!

Yeah my name on vortex is 01 :) good to see you around here too!

And no mine is chalk, I feel the black will look good as it’s what I’m going for.

2661 - 2680 of 2746 Posts