Porsche 718 Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 2746 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Did the faceplate mod yesterday from Black to Racing Yellow for both RPM and MPH. These are the "factory" plates and not a third party rip-off. Recommendation for new buyers. Pick your color and have this done during the ordering process. Existing owners: PM me if you need the name of the wizard that did mine. He's really good.
Bottom line: Huge difference in daytime visibility with the color really helping. Night time: Coolness factor is through the roof.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Tachometer

·
Registered
589 Posts
Did the faceplate mod yesterday from Black to Racing Yellow for both RPM and MPH. These are the "factory" plates and not a third party rip-off. Recommendation for new buyers. Pick your color and have this done during the ordering process. Existing owners: PM me if you need the name of the wizard that did mine. He's really good.
Bottom line: Huge difference in daytime visibility with the color really helping. Night time: Coolness factor is through the roof.

View attachment 44237
so with your vision the gauge faces look light gray and the needles would appear as a darker gray color?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
so with your vision the gauge faces look light gray and the needles would appear as a darker gray color?
Exactly. The MPH guage was almost invisible with the black face. It is now usable. RPM is really good.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
As an Ambassador for BlackVue I installed the BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus. This is part 1 of the video. Stay tuned for part 2!

@lsturbointeg : viewed Part 2 for the onboard camera system this AM. Well done. Well edited and explained. Would like to add that iOS software is also available to manage the system. I'm going to do some research to see how the install would be for a Boxster (if it's even possible).

Reactions: lsturbointeg

·
Registered
942 Posts
@lsturbointeg : viewed Part 2 for the onboard camera system this AM. Well done. Well edited and explained. Would like to add that iOS software is also available to manage the system. I'm going to do some research to see how the install would be for a Boxster (if it's even possible).
Thanks my friend for watching the video Lots! Lots of possibilities with the Blackvue. For a Boxster definitely the front camera won't be an issue. The rear camera tho I'm not sure? If I had a Boxster I would have to look at it and see if there's a way of mounting it

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Thanks my friend for watching the video Lots! Lots of possibilities with the Blackvue. For a Boxster definitely the front camera won't be an issue. The rear camera tho I'm not sure? If I had a Boxster I would have to look at it and see if there's a way of mounting it
The rear camera is also my concern. Since the Bee's top is down over 90% of the time I suspect the camera will have to be dual lens (fore and aft) and mount on or near the rear view mirror. I didn't see that option with the Blackvue.. It's possible I missed it?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Took Bumblebee to a Western themed watering hole near my home. Had an oven fired pizza to die for. Headed out to pick up my steed. Small crowd gathered on the sidewalk. Conversations like:
"What color is it?" (Racing Yellow)
"Can we photograph you heading off into the sunset?"
"How does it handle"
"You have a matching coffee cup!"
"Love the wheels"
"My husband needs to get one of these"
"Start it up"

All true except for number 2..... It was high noon..... But they did want to photograph me leaving.....

A day in the life of the Bee

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
561 Posts
Probably going to the drive in for a malt later, but today we took the Porsche Torpedo boat on a Milwaukee River Cruise. There was the first ever Red Bull Flugtag happening on the Michigan lake front at Veterans Park. Looking closely you will see one of the gliders attempts at flight before plunging into the cold Lake Michigan water. Other pictures of the Calatrava Art museum and the Harley Davidson museum.
Cloud Water Sky Daytime Boat
Water Sky Cloud Building Water resources
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vehicle
Water Sky Plant Cloud Property
Water Sky Vertebrate Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Sky Water Cloud Building Lake

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
Probably going to the drive in for a malt later, but today we took the Porsche Torpedo boat on a Milwaukee River Cruise. There was the first ever Red Bull Flugtag happening on the Michigan lake front at Veterans Park. Looking closely you will see one of the gliders attempts at flight before plunging into the cold Lake Michigan water. Other pictures of the Calatrava Art museum and the Harley Davidson museum. View attachment 44495 View attachment 44496 View attachment 44497 View attachment 44498 View attachment 44499 View attachment 44500
Dang, you know that water is not warm

• Wow
Reactions: Treemagnet
2681 - 2700 of 2746 Posts