Porsche 718 Forum banner
2701 - 2720 of 2746 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,999 Posts
Popped the bezel off the SC chronometer and rubberized it with black Plasti Dip so that its reflection won't show up in my dash cam videos so easily. Have a KYPCA outing coming up Saturday and will test it out and see if it helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Share what you did to your 718 Boxster/Cayman with the community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my . Lake Districtwindow tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Installed the Tubi exhaust rear section, now looking for a tune.

Anything goes....
Drove new Cayman the length of England and back again. I drove from the lake District to near Folkstone and back again on the same day, about 800 plus miles and I was mightily impressed.
Share what you did to your 718 Boxster/Cayman with the community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Installed the Tubi exhaust rear section, now looking for a tune.

Anything goes....
Drove 800 plus miles in one day in my new Cayman and I was very impressed. Achieved 40 plus mpg I wasn't hanging about either although I do practice driving to save fuel. No aches or pains despite the seats being just the basic, (2 litre ) Cayman.
Restored my faith in Porsche as I have an ongoing dispute about a defecive panel when it was delivered and I was not going to buy another if it wasn't sorted

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
616 Posts
Washed her up this morning after a nice 2 day PCA fun run in Western VA near WV line (about 550 miles of great driving roads, good food and new friends). Had to talk my wife into going because she was afraid the conversation would be all pistons, tires and car care, and was pleasantly surprised it wasn't :) - she's also a good navigator to boot, and she drove the last leg home when she didn't have to keep up with everyone (y) . Let me say @Treemagnet that NA 4.0 is amazingly responsive when you're north of 4500 RPM in 2nd, as I diligently demonstrated to my copilot many times, just to be sure she noticed :ROFLMAO:.

I also found the Cayman twin to my Boxster, both are Night Blue GTS 4.0s (tho she was a year younger), pretty cool. Our group also had a 991.2 Targa GTS and Carrera GTS (in PTS Voodoo Blue), '97 993 C2S, 981 Cayman and a couple of 991.2 Ss. Great fun! I was surprised that out of all 17 cars, only me and a 21 Spyder were drop tops.

Last pic is this AM back at home, cleaned, and in her stable :)

Car Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Tire

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Land vehicle Wheel

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sounds like a fabulous PCA outing in some of the finest scenery anywhere. Thanks for the great pics!

Reactions: Raven and makeadeel

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: sirajali05

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Today i understood that i still not have reached puberty.
I have this neet mod on my exhaust, only 2mm gap.
But today i removed the sleeve completely 😬

And Yes it rumbles, creating sound waves (top down) that shock my poor ear drums.

I did not stop to get an opinion from the cars i passed......

·
Registered
333 Posts
Today i understood that i still not have reached puberty.
I have this neet mod on my exhaust, only 2mm gap.
But today i removed the sleeve completely 😬

And Yes it rumbles, creating sound waves (top down) that shock my poor ear drums.

I did not stop to get an opinion from the cars i passed......
Ha! I did the gap mod as well about a month ago. Not sure I can go back, it's just the right amount of noise for me.

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
787 Posts
Did a bunch of things, first time changing anything on my cayman as I’ve tried so **** hard to leave it alone. But the mod itch hit so I got to work

First was purchasing a few things.

19” Apex SM-10s
OEM Black Exhaust Tips
OEM Short Shifter
Black Headlight Washer Washer Caps

Then I removed a few things

And swapped

And then spent several hours giving the car a detail, making sure to polish and wax the areas where the emblem and vinyl decals were.

It cleans up pretty well for being my daily driver

Next up I need to get the wheels swapped, the suspension (not pictured as I’m waiting for it to ship), and the short shifter and exhaust tip installed.

I’m also debating spyder scoops instead of going for gt4s. I just like the cleaner look, seems to be a larger inlet as well. Anyone done this swap?
Very nice all of it Chalk.
what method do you use removing side stickers and rear badges please.
been wanting to do for ages BUT a little scary with the mess it may leave.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ha! I did the gap mod as well about a month ago. Not sure I can go back, it's just the right amount of noise for me.
When i created the other thread i only did som quick test with 5mm, but never fully open.
On down shifts in sport mode there is a risk for creating heart attacks on senior citizens.
But it rumbles to much for me but it was fun to test :)

2701 - 2720 of 2746 Posts