Porsche 718 Forum banner
2741 - 2760 of 2842 Posts

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
108 Posts
This weekend I swapped the stock catbacks on my 2018 CGTS with APR catbacks (Track Edition) with the right side valve. Sounds different in a good way. Deeper and more refined. Not as loud as I thought it would be without any mufflers. Like many others, I was concerned my wife would think it too loud without mufflers. She thought the same thing about the new sound. A little louder. Less growly, a little deeper and a lot smoother. My 17 year old son thinks it sounds "a lot less like a Subie 4 banger and more like a race car". Went with APR to have the performance switch still work and have the option to swap out/in mufflers if I didn't like the sound or if it was too loud. Still has the stock downpipe. I have a 200cell high flow DP on back order. Curious to see what that will sound like...

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust system Fender

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Reactions: cbracerx and Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,542 Posts
I was able to get the 718CB out this AM and we hit just under redline twice… wow! I mean, wow! So smooth, sounds amazing, and only says it wants/can do more.

Then we went for gas and craft beer. Yay.
It is indeed a special day when life begins at redline. And to run for gas and beer... epic.... I remember driving down the block the first night to see if my neighbor had cut their grass. Any excuse.... any.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Installed my kaizen lighting cup holder. It’s a pretty decent unit, but I’m not sure I’d buy again.

It’s a 3d printed part and is brittle and has many of the downsides of 3d printer parts. One of the clips broke (wasn’t too rough) and it doesn’t fit perfectly. But it seems to hold beverages just fine haha.

We shall see if it stays installed.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Ordered some new GiroDiscs and Ferodo pads. Current rotors are toast and not liking the amount of noise generated by the Pagids when not on the track.
I plan on replacing with GiroDiscs when the time comes. Which Pagids did you have and which Ferodos did you get. Also looking forward to learning your experience (noise, dust, stopping power, track performance) with your new Ferodos.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I plan on replacing with GiroDiscs when the time comes. Which Pagids did you have and which Ferodos did you get. Also looking forward to learning your experience (noise, dust, stopping power, track performance) with your new Ferodos.
I had/have the RS29 Pagids. They are good on the track but don't think I have ever had a noisier pad on any car. The Ferodos are the DS3.12. This will be my second set (what I was using before I tried the Pagids). The Ferodos are a great all-around pad imo.

·
Registered
Racing Yellow 2022 Cayman T PDK
170 Posts
Installed my kaizen lighting cup holder. It’s a pretty decent unit, but I’m not sure I’d buy again.

It’s a 3d printed part and is brittle and has many of the downsides of 3d printer parts. One of the clips broke (wasn’t too rough) and it doesn’t fit perfectly. But it seems to hold beverages just fine haha.

We shall see if it stays installed.

I bought the one with the cell slot. It holds beverages pretty well. I am still debating keeping it installed. The phone stays put on the highway, but not on the twistys.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I had/have the RS29 Pagids. They are good on the track but don't think I have ever had a noisier pad on any car. The Ferodos are the DS3.12. This will be my second set (what I was using before I tried the Pagids). The Ferodos are a great all-around pad imo.
Ferodo website states "Warning: DS3.12 IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ROAD USE." Since you've driven these on the road, why do you think they stated not suitable for road use (e.g. noise, stopping power, excessive rotor wear, etc.). Thanks for the input.

Reactions: JFAtlanta

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ferodo website states "Warning: DS3.12 IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ROAD USE." Since you've driven these on the road, why do you think they stated not suitable for road use (e.g. noise, stopping power, excessive rotor wear, etc.). Thanks for the input.
In all honesty, I don't know. I do know it's not noise or stopping power. I used them on the street until they were ready to be swapped out with no issues. I don't think there was a rotor wear issue either. Even though I have to replace my rotors, the amount of abuse they took, I have to think they would have been done regardless. I do know I am not the only one using them for track/street ... and I have never heard anything negative. I may be missing something, but I am happy with them and going back to them after the Pagids.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
In all honesty, I don't know. I do know it's not noise or stopping power. I used them on the street until they were ready to be swapped out with no issues. I don't think there was a rotor wear issue either. Even though I have to replace my rotors, the amount of abuse they took, I have to think they would have been done regardless. I do know I am not the only one using them for track/street ... and I have never heard anything negative. I may be missing something, but I am happy with them and going back to them after the Pagids.
Thanks for the info...I was hoping to find a pad that would work well on both street and track, with good stopping power and no noise or undue wear. Would you say the level of brake dust is on par with OEM pads?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the info...I was hoping to find a pad that would work well on both street and track, with good stopping power and no noise or undue wear. Would you say the level of brake dust is on par with OEM pads?
Brake dust is NOT their strong point. I don't think they are significantly worse than stock though.

2741 - 2760 of 2842 Posts