Porsche 718 Forum banner

521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Definitely worth doing, looks great.
Question: if it came with side intakes already painted body colour, would you have had them painted black to match the roof etc?

No? Nor me, so good choice 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
I should have said side intake diffusers. The rear diffuser is also an option that can be painted. Same with the front. They don't put unpainted parts on 911s from what I can tell. Those parts are either painted or CF. So is this where the price point differences are in vehicles? In actuality, how much more could it cost to build a 911 vs a 718, mechanically? Prior to the 992, the interiors were virtually the same.
Your car is looking good!

Re: Unpainted plastics
Oh ok I get you now. Porsche seems to make you pay for things that are standard on other brands. Example: Keyless entry, folding mirrors, etc. The unpainted plastics are probably another way for buyers to spend a bit more money on options - although I don't mind them on my CGTS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Matt

Just out of curiosity, are you constantly pumping warm air into that bubble? Seems like it would be an expensive heating bill over presumably 4-5 months?

AVM

·
Registered
466 Posts
Matt

Just out of curiosity, are you constantly pumping warm air into that bubble? Seems like it would be an expensive heating bill over presumably 4-5 months?

AVM
It's room temperature air from the garage. The purpose of the bubble is not to keep her warm but rather to keep small creatures out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Matt

What state do you live in, and what small creatures are you referencing? May sound sarcastic, but not my intent. I am not familiar with small creatures representing any type of threat to vehicles in my neck of the woods (southeast currently, and Midwest formally). Then again, admittedly, I have never owned a vehicle that hasn't been used on a daily basis.

AVM

521 - 540 of 563 Posts