Porsche 718 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Matt

What state do you live in, and what small creatures are you referencing? May sound sarcastic, but not my intent. I am not familiar with small creatures representing any type of threat to vehicles in my neck of the woods (southeast currently, and Midwest formally). Then again, admittedly, I have never owned a vehicle that hasn't been used on a daily basis.

AVM
I'm in NH. We worry about mice and chipmunks mostly. Their are other small creatures but they usually stay outside. Small creatures will do huge $$$$s of damage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Note that a lot of manufacturers, including Porsche, make the insulation for the wiring systems out of a vegetable base material to save the planet. Small vermin think it is delicious!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Note that a lot of manufacturers, including Porsche, make the insulation for the wiring systems out of a vegetable base material to save the planet. Small vermin think it is delicious!
Yup, the soy based wire sheathing sure doesn't help.

I have a different approach to protection 😼 For the outside, there's Missy, a 5lb mercenary lol Each fall she unleashes terror on the mice and mole population seeking shelter in the warm confines of the garage. I find little limbs and body parts around the yard and driveway as evidence.

Inside, if anything happens to escape Missy's wrath, Buster the terminator cleans up. He asks no questions and takes no prisoners. Death comes swift and just.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm in NH. We worry about mice and chipmunks mostly. Their are other small creatures but they usually stay outside. Small creatures will do huge $$$$s of damage.
For sure. The previous owner of our 2010 987 didn't drive it much (13k). The dealer's senior mechanic has lots of experience on these things, and in his inspection found a mouse nest snuggled on top of the engine. He said that's fairly common on cars that sit like that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Of all the things I have learned on this and other forums, the edibility of my vehicle by rodents and other 'small creatures' has got to be on the top of my 'surprising' list.

Just one more reason I am happy I only drive one vehicle on a daily a basis. :)

Thank you all for sharing.

AVM

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yup, the soy based wire sheathing sure doesn't help.

I have a different approach to protection 😼 For the outside, there's Missy, a 5lb mercenary lol Each fall she unleashes terror on the mice and mole population seeking shelter in the warm confines of the garage. I find little limbs and body parts around the yard and driveway as evidence.

View attachment 24646

Inside, if anything happens to escape Missy's wrath, Buster the terminator cleans up. He asks no questions and takes no prisoners. Death comes swift and just.

View attachment 24647
Our hunter Fred is indoor only and only hunts ribbons and laps. He wouldn't know what to do with a mouse!
1118192107~2.jpg

He's a good cat though!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Our hunter Fred is indoor only and only hunts ribbons and laps. He wouldn't know what to do with a mouse! View attachment 24654
He's a good cat though!
Fred looks comfortable there :)

Mine were both feral - well Missy still is lol She knows how to hunt for food - mice, moles, bugs but not so much birds. Buster doesn't look at them as food. He just gets annoyed by the presence of another animal. He doesn't want the competition for laps or food lol

Wille keeps larger critters away :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a few pics taken parallel to the Runway after just finally got done having the TechArt AeroKit installed - Front Spoiler/Diffuser, Rear Wing II, Side Airscoops. Additionally, recent mods were 20x8.5, 20x10 Savini Di Forza wheels wrapped with 245/35/20 & 295/30/20 FK510 radials, H&R Sport Springs which nicely lowered the car 1.8" all around, Euro Side Markers, FabSpeed StreetSport Catback Exhaust System, BMC F1 Highflow Air-Intake Filter capped with a 982 GT badging. I'm a Happy Camper! :giggle:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Had a few pics taken parallel to the Runway after just finally got done having the TechArt AeroKit installed - Front Spoiler/Diffuser, Rear Wing II, Side Airscoops. Additionally, recent mods were 20x8.5, 20x10 Savini Di Forza wheels wrapped with 245/35/20 & 295/30/20 FK510 radials, H&R Sport Springs which nicely lowered the car 1.8" all around, Euro Side Markers, FabSpeed StreetSport Catback Exhaust System, BMC F1 Highflow Air-Intake Filter capped with a 982 GT badging. I'm a Happy Camper! :giggle:
View attachment 24668
View attachment 24669 View attachment 24670 View attachment 24671
The car looks hot! Love the wheels too. I've been looking at Di Forza wheels myself. Congrats on a nicely modded ride!

·
Registered
252 Posts
View attachment 24668
View attachment 24669 View attachment 24670 View attachment 24671
Just wow! That car, color and part combination is awesome (y)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I installed a stock short shifter in Carmen the Cayman this morning. It took me at least twice the half hour others said they took. Pretty straight forward, but things just don't pop out like they do in the Numeric video, and although I went with the Porsche short shifter from Suncoast, the video was accurate and instructive on process. I also installed a (or another) GPS in the car. Although I don't have Navigation, I wanted to see if I could get the thing to set my clocks automatically. It didn't. The odd thing is, the PCM already had a blue Fakra connector connected. As I've not seen any evidence of a functioning GPS in the car, I plugged my in instead. I will be taking her in for her first service soon and I'll ask about this stuff. I'm not a total goof, however, because it got up to 60F today so I took her out of hibernation and got her all warmed up trying out the new shifter. There isn't a radical difference, IMHO, however there seems to be more shifting feedback, slightly more effort required, and a more intuitive feel/function. It also is definitely quicker getting from one gear to the other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't see those on Suncoast. Where did you get them? Price? Looks good!
Hi, not sure about just the side vents but the side airscoops and the full aerokit are available thru TechArt Germany via their local distributor 3WDistributing - really good folks - just call or email them and they will send you a product list with a price list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car looks hot! Love the wheels too. I've been looking at Di Forza wheels myself. Congrats on a nicely modded ride!
Thanks. Yes. I'm pretty happy with the wheels. Pretty reasonably priced too.For our cars the perfect Offsets are ET 45 Front & ET 40 Rear.

541 - 560 of 563 Posts