Porsche 718 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 1062 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks. Yes. I'm pretty happy with the wheels. Pretty reasonably priced too.For our cars the perfect Offsets are ET 45 Front & ET 40 Rear.
with those offset are you running small tires?

never mind, I was your running 20x8.5, 20x10

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well not today but this past Thursday I installed the RGS front grill set for my Cayman. The installation was much more difficult than I imagined but I attribute that to turning 69 that morning and subjecting my old body to an hour of laying on the concrete garage floor trying to get these into place. I wound up finishing but not before accidentally pulling out one of the zip ties and finding it impossible to get it back into place properly. I still have some adjusting to do but for now, I will let these be as they are.

Attachments

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
85 Posts
West coaster, I am aware of the OEM 981 version and how they attach. There was only 4 screws and the blue tape in the pics below marks where I had to drill them on my 981. I remember your user name from the Planet forums. Good to see you on here.

OEM 981 GT4 version install pictures from my garage.
53A83F89-1E80-44C2-97BE-EAFACD5C91AF.jpeg
E29B7DA2-3402-416F-8671-7EAC237E5CD8.jpeg
B89A04FB-536D-4BD3-8E51-8F47FC799114.jpeg

·
Registered
524 Posts
West coaster, I am aware of the OEM 981 version and how they attach. There was only 4 screws and the blue tape in the pics below marks where I had to drill them on my 981. I remember your user name from the Planet forums. Good to see you on here.

OEM 981 GT4 version install pictures from my garage. View attachment 24909 View attachment 24910 View attachment 24911
Looking good! yes it's me, I am over here as well now, hope to join the 718 crowd later next year, my 981 has been gone for awhile now. Here is a picture of the side of my 2016 GTS.

·
Registered
524 Posts
To end the year went for some 'autobahn' driving :D
View attachment 24931
Wow, now that is moving!

It would be cool if there was somewhere around here you could do that speed safely, most local tracks that I know of simply don't have a straight long enough for our cars to hit those speeds. As for anywhere else, short of a runway I wouldn't feel safe, we have a couple of long sections of highway, but hit a deer or the like at that speed and it would be game over! Plus even if that was not the concern, if the police recorded you at that speed they would impound your car, give a multi $1k fine and possibly throw you in jail!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Over this last weekend I drove to Napa, and the drive back was in the rain. Plus the car hadn't been washed in ages. So yesterday I washed her. Wheels so bad I had use the stuff that turns brake dust purple. But totally worth it - she's all clean and shiny.

·
Registered
447 Posts
We took advantage of the 50+ degree temperature and full sunshine and drove to a local park for a picnic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed the Porsche short shifter that I received for Christmas. It was very easy. The alignment tool that came with it made getting it in a snap. I think it shifts into reverse more easily now than it did with the stock shifter.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Finally the last pcs of my interior came in, I installed the carbon fiber / Porsche Bordeaux red leather steering wheel

The combination of 1/4 Bordeaux red, black, silver and carbon fiber looks amazing.

This pic was taken in the garage

View attachment 24895
What's the story on that steering wheel? I do not believe that the Carbon Fibre steering wheel option in the configurator quite looks like that. From a different Porsche model? Looks sharp!

Reactions: BB718

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks, It's an aftermarket steering wheel made with my requests

I'm not a fan of Porsche's carbon fiber pattern which I think is 1x1, it's too tiny. I prefer 2x2 and even 3x3

All my carbon fiber parts match from interior to exterior.

561 - 580 of 1062 Posts