Porsche 718 Forum banner

761 - 780 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the Porsche 18" winter wheel/tire set, and swap it out with the change of seasons. Pirelli SottoZero Winter 265/45 were standard. I think they work reasonably well. Unfortunately, Blizzaks don't come in our size.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I have been holding off on posting a full intro to my car and initial thoughts until I could get some decent pics and some car prep out of the way. Happy to say it's gone in for a new car paint correction and coatings. Can't wait to get it back! View attachment 25496
A pterodactyl pooped on your car! Pesky birds they are!

I'm hopefully going to be trying a new Snow Foam soon, I've already put their "one pure shampoo" through it's paces and I love it. A new product from (Aenso), they seem to have ties too or work with Modesta in some fashion? Just waiting for my shipment to come in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A pterodactyl pooped on your car! Pesky birds they are!

I'm hopefully going to be trying a new Snow Foam soon, I've already put their "one pure shampoo" through it's paces and I love it. A new product from (Aenso), they seem to have ties too or work with Modesta in some fashion? Just waiting for my shipment to come in.
View attachment 25501
From what I've heard, this is Modesta's foray into the consumer/prosumer arena.

·
Registered
702 Posts
What did I do to my Porsche Boxster today? Drove it :LOL: I still have a s%!t eatin' grin on my face an hour later.

I just finished watching Ford V Ferrari. It was 4pm with totally clear blue skies @ 45 - 50 degrees. I grabbed the key and went for a little blast. Man it was better than a friend scratching that itch on your back for ya.

Kind of a lull for traveling meant clear open roads. I'm so happy I installed that FS cat back exhaust. I know it's a little louder, but if I wanted quiet I would have bought a sedan. Now the sound matches the badazz roadster it is and it just feels so much more responsive. I know some of you love your PDK, but the gearbox they put in these cars is sublime and snappy. It couldn't be more fun than to be rowing thru the gears with the punch from that torque and then then rolling it down thru the gears.

Man I needed that fix to shake off some mid-winter blues 😎🌞

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Sounds like we had the same weather!

Took a trip to Shipshewana (Amish Country) to pick up Amish Popcorn. Avoiding the horse poo makes for what qualifies as twisties around here. :ROFLMAO:

Was a good trip, good food & company and all finished off with therapeutic washing of two Porsches to wrap it up!

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
@InTgr8r I purchased a present of sorts for my ride. Another forum member posted up some pics of his Boxster. It had an aftermarket shift knob made by Raceseng. Loved the look and it's a weighted knob, so that really appealed to me. Like you did, I think I'll fill in the gear pattern with enamel. Heck had I known how long it was going to take to receive the knob and collar, I would have had them do it as it's an option. The knob replaced the OEM knob which is carbon fiber.

The fit and finish is first rate and the packaging matches the quality of the components. Though the height of the knob is adjustable, I have it set at the lowest it can go. Coupled with the short shift kit, it's way down there lol I also purchased the red bezel for the chrono clock. It's milled and anodized aluminum. Thought it would replace the OEM bezel, but it actually fits over the bezel. Still up in the air about it. I think it looks better in the metal than in pics.

IMG_9551.jpeg IMG_9547.jpeg IMG_9552.jpeg IMG_9559.jpeg IMG_9560.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got my brakes done today $2k including labor.

Researching to add a rear dash cam and wireless CarPlay.

Cant wait till April/May so I can put my 20” back on.

Rippey

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Got my brakes done today $2k including labor.

Researching to add a rear dash cam and wireless CarPlay.

Cant wait till April/May so I can put my 20” back on.

Rippey
Sorry.... I can't "Like" a $2000 bill that makes me cringe! But I can like the rest of your post!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Swapped out my pedals for the aluminium set today. Easier to install than I thought it would be. I found the standard pedals that came with my GTS (see photo on the right) showed the dirt a lot and were difficult to clean and while the OEM aluminium pedals from Porsche are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination I think they finish off the footwell rather nicely and integrate better with the rest of the car.... what do you think?

761 - 780 of 820 Posts