801 - 820 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
That’s the real Julia Child cleaning experience! 🥳

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
Google 'How to make hand sanitizer'. It is a mixture of Aloe Vera gel and 91% alcohol, or Glycerol, Glycerin and alcohol. You will not find Aloe Vera gel or alcohol easily, but easier than Purel...

Also, learn to make your own antiseptic/antivirus cocktail:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1 cup of water and one shot of chlorine (5.5-6%). DON'T DRINK THE STUFF!

You can put it in a sprayer bottle, spray a paper towel with it and wipe down door handles, door surfaces you may touch, electric switches, alarm panels, mobile phone and tablet surfaces. Also kitchen and bathroom surfaces.

Make a fresh batch every day and wipe down said surfaces. You may wish to sanitize car door handles, but I don't know the long term effects on car paint. May be you should do a second wipe-down with water...

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Just to be pedantic (and save a sterilisation issue).

As you all probably know o_O most hard liquor contains more than 60% alcohol. Might be a bit pricey for wiping things down, but you can enjoy it while you clean up. Use sparingly on surfaces and more liberally elsewhere. Be safe.
Most hard liquor is nowhere close to 60% alcohol). Proof (in the US) is twice the alcohol content. ABV is now the standard (Alcohol By Volume) and most stuff won't be much above 40.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Went out for a little spirited drive and stopped by Sewickley Porsche to browse :) Unfortunately the showroom was closed to visitors, but the lot had plenty of eye candy. A MT 992 may be in my future next year 🤗 I'll keep the Boxster though. Have to have an open top.

I'm really digging this shift knob with the short shift kit.

She's still looking spiffy even after the drive.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very nice, love the gearstick too, my ocd then took me to check the centre caps were aligned with the tyre valve - and they are :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
What I’ve done today is order a car wash filter. I am fed up of my Jet Black CS having water spots straight away, hoping this will help.
Anyone use anything similar with good results?
76286A53-0DD9-43A3-A5F1-075404943D6E.jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bath and tucked her away for a nap. On garage queen duty for the duration of our “lockdown”.

·
Registered
659 Posts
What I’ve done today is order a car wash filter. I am fed up of my Jet Black CS having water spots straight away, hoping this will help.
Anyone use anything similar with good results?
View attachment 26084
You should probably take a look in the Car Care and Detailing forum. I've seen similar discussions and if this product isn't discussed there, someone will have an opinion. Personally, I just use a couple of Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towels to pat my car down and end up without water marks at all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Applied Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat to my wheels and calipers. The humidity eased up enough to get it done. Bought a kit through Esoteric when it was on sale awhile back. The kit gives you Gyeon Q2M Iron & Prep along with a red foam applicator pad & four microfiber towels. You do a normal wheel wash then use the Iron followed by the Prep. I’ve used Gyeon Rim before and I think the Kamikaze Stance is easier to work with, but does require 1-2 hours between coats. I also took the opportunity to remove the surface rust from the hub, which builds quickly. The Dremel works wonders here.

8530F6AF-082B-441D-A0AF-7DBC09A719E1.jpeg
C63772B2-F58E-4D04-B57C-A5FB7BAE2DC6.jpeg
F9542224-CD12-4CFA-8A53-A4625A0EA114.jpeg
2296A4F7-928E-4FDC-A152-A221D9F85962.jpeg
FFFC5B2D-2A53-42A4-83B3-206AAF3481C6.jpeg
9D62AF6E-1743-457E-870B-F722E616F941.jpeg

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you considered painting those hubs black to match your wheels?
Agreed, I think he should, I’m doing mine matt black as soon as it gets warmer.
The hubs do start to look grotty.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you considered painting those hubs black to match your wheels?
No, I’m ok with the gray. In my experience, it hasn’t been too hard to clean and I’m getting no rust on the outer area. The rear wheels on my BMW on the other hand drive me crazy and rust where the rotor and hub are joined, about an inch wide. They were ok the first couple years or so and then started getting tough to keep up with.

801 - 820 of 820 Posts