Porsche 718 Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1013 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I drove my '18 Cayman GTS to work every day this week....A first!

Small pandemic silver lining.

:alien:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since my commute now involves a 10 second walk from one part of the house to the other, and we are being strongly discouraged from driving except for necessities like food and medicine, all I can do is stare longingly into the headlights of my '17 S and dream of the days when all this mess is finally over. (Today is day 43 since one of my co-workers tested positive for COVID-19 and I have been practising social distancing.) About a week and half ago I was taking groceries to my elderly mother's house, and took some more interesting back roads and I got pulled over even though I was at the speed limit. Why? Because, according to Ottawa's not-so-finest, if I was out doing necessary stuff, I wouldn't be driving a Porsche. I had to prove to her by showing her the boxes and bags of groceries in the trunk and frunk.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Bummer when someone has to put a nice car up for sale. But maybe it's an opportunity to, um, upgrade...

Before today's predicted rains started I vacuumed out Portia's interior. After half a year's worth of visiting farm stands, wildlife refuges, and garden centers she really need it. How can pine needles get up underneath the floor mats?

I wanted to take her out, warm her up, wear some of the rust off the bralke rotors, fill up the half-full gas tank. My sweetie suggested we go out to a local organic farm where they had self-service for upstart veggie plants. So we did, and promptly got more dirt inside. Hey, that's what cars are for! When we got home I put the new registration sticker on the license plate. It was a nice Porsche experience. Even passed an older Cayman (I can never remember the model code numbers) going the other way on one of the local rural roads.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would like to upgrade to something else but I can't have 2 cars in the garage. Did that before and it wasn't easy for me

I placed her for sale at a great price

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have done nothing to or with my Porsche today. But I have finished work for the day and I'm sitting in the sun on the back deck with a nice IPA and my sweetie just brought me an unexpected bowl of popcorn. This day just got a lot better!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Installed a Uniden R3 mounted on a blendmount to the mirror. Tapped power through the mirror. Easy install and looks very clean.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Moving things up a notch...

Ordered: DSC Controller; Softronics Flash; Fresh Michelins.

Happy Birthday to me!

:alien:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since my commute now involves a 10 second walk from one part of the house to the other, and we are being strongly discouraged from driving except for necessities like food and medicine, all I can do is stare longingly into the headlights of my '17 S and dream of the days when all this mess is finally over. (Today is day 43 since one of my co-workers tested positive for COVID-19 and I have been practising social distancing.) About a week and half ago I was taking groceries to my elderly mother's house, and took some more interesting back roads and I got pulled over even though I was at the speed limit. Why? Because, according to Ottawa's not-so-finest, if I was out doing necessary stuff, I wouldn't be driving a Porsche. I had to prove to her by showing her the boxes and bags of groceries in the trunk and frunk.
That's not cool to target you! I worry about the same thing commuting back and forth to work every day in my Cayman.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm so tired of this mess that I got into the frunk, pulled all of the accessories out to remember where they were, examined them to make sure they were secure, got the rare pleasure of actually checking a fluid level visually and dusted off all of the bits and pieces. Stared at it for a while, reassembled and locked it up. A productive hour of my day...

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm so tired of this mess that I got into the frunk, pulled all of the accessories out to remember where they were, examined them to make sure they were secure, got the rare pleasure of actually checking a fluid level visually and dusted off all of the bits and pieces. Stared at it for a while, reassembled and locked it up. A productive hour of my day...
No pics? :(

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Swapped winter wheels and tires for summer ones, and cleaned the bugs off the nose. We’re finally keeping the low temps at 40° or better!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did a full detail, 3-stage paint correction and applied Adams ceramic coating with UV tracer technology to my 2017 CS this past week. The formula allows you to see where you’ve applied the coating under a UV light which helps ensure complete and even coverage. It’s a 5 year coating, so we’ll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did a full detail, 3-stage paint correction and applied Adams ceramic coating with UV tracer technology to my 2017 CS this past week. The formula allows you to see where you’ve applied the coating under a UV light which helps ensure complete and even coverage. It’s a 5 year coating, so we’ll see how it holds up.
Interesting. I have never heard of this UV tracer before. Sounds like a great way to ensure complete coverage.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Interesting. I have never heard of this UV tracer before. Sounds like a great way to ensure complete coverage.
Yeah, Adams released it last fall and I saw a YouTube review on it on Apex Detail Adam's UV Tracer Ceramic Paint Coating. Picked it up and tried it on our Q5, which was my first time applying a ceramic coat, so the feature quickly made itself useful. While it certainly helped with coverage, I learned that catching high spots is much easier with some natural light than even really bright shop lights. Needless to say, the process went much smoother this second time around on the CS.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's not cool to target you! I worry about the same thing commuting back and forth to work every day in my Cayman.
As an essential worker I take my Boxster every day to work. If there is any bright spot in this it is the ability to exercise my baby at the beginning and end of every day and get some of my frustrations out on a road with 50% less traffic than normal. I would like to meet the man (or woman) in blue who dares to suggest to me that my presence in a Porsche implies that I am not a front-line worker !!!!

921 - 940 of 1013 Posts