Porsche 718 Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1013 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
We just got back from a 12 miles, 20 minute spin. Such a lovely 20 minutes, even if everyone was driving 5 under.

We are supposed to have frost tonight. I'm glad I haven't put my summer wheels/tires on yet.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
We just got back from a 12 miles, 20 minute spin. Such a lovely 20 minutes, even if everyone was driving 5 under.

We are supposed to have frost tonight. I'm glad I haven't put my summer wheels/tires on yet.
Yeah... we had a surprise frost and all my flowers died :cry:, brought them inside Hoping they might recover and it’s calling for more Freezing temps. What a strange year!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Installed a windshield mount and hardwired my Horizon camera to the driver’s side fuse box. Now I can swap it between my daily and the CS. Looking forward to getting some mountain road drive videos together!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
All done! Softronics and DSC installed and working GREAT.

😎🙂🙂🙂😎👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did a BMC filter install. Car had 10,444 miles on it and the filter was pretty dirty along with the air-box. After a couple of short drives I definitely notice a throatier sound and more induction noise. The 2-3% in performance gains you’d expect of course are harder to feel in the seat of the pants. The whole process does take awhile!

C7230E62-2C1E-46DE-B247-6DA686B590A2.jpeg
C194344A-7979-47A2-AB15-E4A53EB14C1E.jpeg
60F4E260-1733-42F1-A044-03925CEF24AA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Normally it is a tough choice between driving a 718 Boxster and a 992 Carrera coupe... Not this evening, the weather made that choice very easy as it was perfect weather for a drive in the Boxster with the top down, so I chose the left key and drove my 718 around with no purpose other than to drive :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today I got to try out the tire pump!

I've had my Boxster for just under a week and already got a nice nail in the rear driver's side tire. PCM said it was at 26psi this morning (was at 33 yesterday morning). So I took my other car to work but checked the Boxster when I got home - still 26psi.

The tire pump worked great! Back up to 33psi. We'll see what it reads tomorrow morning. I have a replacement Eagle F1 coming into my indy tire shop tomorrow. I'll probably drive the car to the shop on Friday.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
^^^^^^Don't know what's wrong with me... normally don't prefer topless cars, but thinking I've been bitten by the Boxster^^^^^^

Road in one a few weeks ago with the top down and I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of wind buffeting and how you could actually hear the exhaust!

·
Registered
763 Posts
^^^^^^Don't know what's wrong with me... normally don't prefer topless cars, but thinking I've been bitten by the Boxster^^^^^^

Road in one a few weeks ago with the top down and I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of wind buffeting and how you could actually hear the exhaust!
You can even hear the stereo lol This is my first convertible and man I don't know what took me so long. I have a hankering for a 911T, but the Boxster isn't going anywhere, should I pull the trigger. I'd miss the experience. Nothing like an open top at speed - and I mean speed lol

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I am 2/3 the way to completing my rainbow. All I need now is a 992 to complete the rainbow made by Boxster and Macan

Off Ebay got to color code my keys. In part for appearance but in part for memory seating.
Looks good, I have however not seen the colored key shells for the new style of key used on the 992 on ebay yet, but I bet it is coming soon :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts

There's nothing wrong with you that a Boxster wouldn't fix. 😆
I drive mine top down every chance I get. The only time it's up is when it's raining or the temperature is below 14°C. And the exhaust sound is lovely with the top down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cut up and drew a “lost plate” sign To put on the car since my 30-day temp tags flew off without me noticing until I got home. Hoping to go on a drive with the nice weather, but nervous a cop will pull me over if they’re bored!

So far two weeks into my Boxster ownership I’ve had 1) nail in rear tire and had to get tire replaced, 2) temp tag fly off. Hopefully that list of bad stuff doesn’t keep growing!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope that that works. Depending on the cop they could decide to get nasty. If it were me (and I am not even coming close to suggesting you do this) I would put nothing and claim ignorance or taking one of my other cars plates off and put it on so at least I do not call attention to myself.

Of course all of these answers are incorrect and the only true answer is stay home !!! :)

This does not constitute legal advice or even a suggestion that you embark on this slippery slope. I am neither a lawyer nor do I play one on TV

941 - 960 of 1013 Posts