Porsche 718 Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1013 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Take the sales paperwork with you showing the date of collection and, if pulled over, tell the LE that you knew the plate was gone. No reason they should write you up unless they have had a bad day.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Today I swapped my winter wheels with Michelin Alpins for my summer wheels with Pilot Sport 4S's. A story over in the Pics Of Your Garage thread, post #71. I really don't know why I posted it there.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Used McKees 37 Hydro Blue on my car. BIG mistake... Streak city!

Got it all off after a fair amount of elbow grease thank god. Not sure what made me want to deviate from what I knew worked? I’m an idiot!

Any way, we went for a short cruise today and snapped a few urban pics.

ummm... the V10 under this structure was spine tingling!
50860E0A-AE67-4663-A714-89C3C74E26E5.jpeg DDECF030-C4DA-4216-9F88-3AFA245A685E.jpeg D691E95B-9DCC-4BB9-BE61-9AA7687CD4DF.jpeg

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Used McKees 37 Hydro Blue on my car. BIG mistake... Streak city!

Got it all off after a fair amount of elbow grease thank god. Not sure what made me want to deviate from what I knew worked? I’m an idiot!

Any way, we went for a short cruise today and snapped a few urban pics.

ummm... the V10 under this structure was spine tingling!
View attachment 26722 View attachment 26723 View attachment 26724
Crazy how a Huracán Performante can make a Cayman look almost like a New Beetle by comparison :ROFLMAO:
They Cayman is definitely a menacing looking sportscar by itself, but it fades in comparison to the Lamborghini...

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Crazy how a Huracán Performante can make a Cayman look almost like a New Beetle by comparison :ROFLMAO:
They Cayman is definitely a menacing looking sportscar by itself, but it fades in comparison to the Lamborghini...
The lambo definitely attracts attention... It’s such a sexy car!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, it was yesterday, but I gave Carmen the Cayman her first outside wash (as opposed to rinse-less wash). Took a few pictures and noticed how orange the rotors were in the sunlight so thought I'd take her for a quick spin before I put her back in her garage spot. Trying to get an idea if my new aero is just pretty or actually functional, and I think it may be functional, at speed anyway. Took her on a lightly populated Interstate up to another exit to easily get back home. With no LEOs in sight and no entry/exit to worry about, I took her up to 124 mph for a few moments and she really felt solidly planted, even more so than she did without the aero. Anyway, here is a side view. The parking lot is in need of recoating so my cleaning job reflects the spots on the asphalt. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
That's a good looking addition! Looks to be quality Carbon Fiber work.

Curious if the rear spoiler is sufficient? I've always been told that if you add front aero you need to balance it with rear and the same the other way? I doubt it truly makes a difference, not like you're running the Ring 8hrs a day... Would be a fun gig though!

·
Registered
762 Posts
My thought process was I liked the duck tail but balance concerned me because I’ve experienced a little under steer on the track (but not much at my rookie speeds) so I decided I needed the front splitter. Then I thought, that’s well and good, but with most of our car bottom covered, why not try to suck the whole car toward the track? So I got the rear diffuser, one with heat venting and significant vanes. The only time I drove it with just the duck tail was to the garage a few miles away to add the other two bits. Somewhere I’ve read that, like cowbell, a little extra rear wing goes a long way. However, for non-track use, I’m not sure either would matter, other than aesthetics.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My bride wanted to go for a ride a few days ago. A rare occurrence - 4th time in over a year. Couldn't say no. Caveat: she is not a fan of the car. Made worse by the fact that she had to lower the cup holder lid to keep the glare out of here face during the drive. I've never been on that side and didn't know how bad it was. I need to find a solution for less than the $700+ to replace with something else. I'll figure something out in the near future and let you know.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I'm not a fan of the glare either. I thought about pulling all the aluminum pieces and having a soft touch overlay (something like alcantara).

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm not a fan of the glare either. I thought about pulling all the aluminum pieces and having a soft touch overlay (something like alcantara).
Concur...do you believe having them painted in the exterior color (Sapphire Blue Metallic in my case) would mitigate the glare?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
My bride wanted to go for a ride a few days ago. A rare occurrence - 4th time in over a year. Couldn't say no. Caveat: she is not a fan of the car. Made worse by the fact that she had to lower the cup holder lid to keep the glare out of here face during the drive. I've never been on that side and didn't know how bad it was. I need to find a solution for less than the $700+ to replace with something else. I'll figure something out in the near future and let you know.
The cheapest solution would very likely be to get the trim wrapped in e.g. matt black vinyl, and it would be easily reversible.

961 - 980 of 1013 Posts