Porsche 718 Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1057 Posts

·
Registered
718 boxster
2 Posts
Have done it for a while, every time I back to apartment and leave my car at parking lot, I will turn back my head and stare her about 30 secs.

FDE 200 cells sport catalyst
AWE exhaust Track edition
BMC air filter
Darwin Pro carbon front lip/ rear diffuser/ side vent (only for good looking)
Ohlins DFV coilovers
BBS Motorsport E88 19'
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2

微信图片_202005271037341.jpg

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes, I was a pilot and commanded a helo squadron first and then the ship. Frequent Wind was before my time. I went in 1988 and retired in 2014.
Thanks for your service skipper. I was wondering about your age because all the pilots I know seem to be younger than I am, even when they are older!

Reactions: RotorOver

·
Registered
108 Posts
Picked up my 2018 Cayman from Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. My Cayman had it's 2nd annual service (prepaid - thanks original owner!) and while there the service tech was able to fix some annoying rattles coming from somewhere in the hatch area. My car seems so much more solid now that vibrations from the drivetrain are not causing various trim panels in the hatch to vibrate at the same time. I am very pleased with the work they did and the freshly serviced and washed feeling is a good one!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
annoying rattles coming from somewhere in the hatch area. My car seems so much more solid now that vibrations from the drivetrain are not causing various trim panels in the hatch to vibrate at the same time. I am very pleased with the work they did and the freshly serviced and washed feeling is a good one!
what was this part they corrected, I have that same annoying rattle at low RPM's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i **** my pants almost today , first drive in 2 weeks , first rain day today , used to drive a quattro wheel car , now i know the diff , normally i drove just as fast in wet as dry ... now just a bit of power and whiiiii its like driving on ice , every tide corner whiiii away ... i am scared to touch the trottle jeez , all that grip at dry , is lost in the wet ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
That happens with wide tires, light car, rear wheel drive! Been there, done that, once. I drive much slower in the rain now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I took the Cayman in for the two year service and all is well.

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
93 Posts
Front brakes (pads and rotors), all done... and I damaged the wear sensor, so it’s zipped up for a while out of the way! And yes I know the wheels need cleaning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Renewed the CeramicPro and gave her a once-over in preparation for tomorrow's autocross—my first autocross in 30+ years. Last time I was driving an '86 VW GTI. This should be… a little different!
Ooh! Tell us how it works out. That's about how long it's been since I ran an autocross.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i **** my pants almost today , first drive in 2 weeks , first rain day today , used to drive a quattro wheel car , now i know the diff , normally i drove just as fast in wet as dry ... now just a bit of power and whiiiii its like driving on ice , every tide corner whiiii away ... i am scared to touch the trottle jeez , all that grip at dry , is lost in the wet ?
How boring would it be to have all the grip you need to floor it everywhere without concern?

Secondly, going out on a limb here, your car had 30k kms on purchase and was from 2018, I'm assuming you still have the first set of tyres?
I have changed my tyres this week (2018 718S 36k km 19"). Grip was already on the limit this winter (braking distances, lateral and traction), the rears where not 100% to the their wear indicators, but I didn't want to risk a crash due to bad tyres.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
How boring would it be to have all the grip you need to floor it everywhere without concern?

Secondly, going out on a limb here, your car had 30k kms on purchase and was from 2018, I'm assuming you still have the first set of tyres?
I have changed my tyres this week (2018 718S 36k km 19"). Grip was already on the limit this winter (braking distances, lateral and traction), the rears where not 100% to the their wear indicators, but I didn't want to risk a crash due to bad tyres.
I'd go out on a limb that he was finishing off his second set of rear tires. :eek:

Most experience in this forum shows 9-12000 miles life for a set rears. 14-20000 km. The fronts normally last twice as long.

here is what my right rear looked like after 11k mi. or so...
Rear right.jpg

Left front:
Front left.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts

Tires are changed on sale at Porsche , but i have a heavy food ….

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today I did my first timed 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile with Dragy. Screenshots attached. This is with a base 2019 718 Cayman with Chrono package, PTV, and PASM.

I'm not sure how Car & Driver got 3.9 seconds with the base model.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd go out on a limb that he was finishing off his second set of rear tires. :eek:

Most experience in this forum shows 9-12000 miles life for a set rears. 14-20000 km. The fronts normally last twice as long.

here is what my right rear looked like after 11k mi. or so...
View attachment 26899

Left front:
View attachment 26900
Wow, your rears looked a lot worse than mine. My fronts had more a bit more wear than yours. Might also be driving style related.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Today I did my first timed 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile with Dragy. Screenshots attached. This is with a base 2019 718 Cayman with Chrono package, PTV, and PASM.

I'm not sure how Car & Driver got 3.9 seconds with the base model.

View attachment 26911 View attachment 26912
I am pretty sure C&D included 1 ft of rollout in their 0-60, and you scored 3.93 seconds in 0-60(1ft), so basically the same result as them.
I know the whole exclusion of the time for the 1ft rollout comes from the world of drag racing, but I kind of think it is a silly way of making the numbers look better than they are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am pretty sure C&D included 1 ft of rollout in their 0-60, and you scored 3.93 seconds in 0-60(1ft), so basically the same result as them.
I know the whole exclusion of the time for the 1ft rollout comes from the world of drag racing, but I kind of think it is a silly way of making the numbers look better than they are.
I didn’t know they used the 1ft rollout numbers. I agree. That’s kind of silly.

Either way, I was impressed when I did the run. Low to mid 12 second 1/4 miles are impressive for the base model. If I could get better grip, it would be even faster.

1001 - 1020 of 1057 Posts