Porsche 718 Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1057 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
what was this part they corrected, I have that same annoying rattle at low RPM's.
To be honest I don't really know. All I was told was the service tech used "a lot" of felt tape in the rear hatch area and now my car has never felt or sounded so solid. The rear hatch itself can still move from time to time over certain bumps but there's no more trim panel vibrations anywhere. 1500 - 1800 rpm cruising use to have a low level vibration that is no longer present and my annoying rattle coming from behind the driver's side seatbelt area is also gone. My car feels like it's carved from a single chunk of metal now which is really nice!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hooosier. Try some peel and stick felt on the two rubber bumpers that are in the trunk that are meant to cushion the rear hatch. That solved my rattle.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Having Hawk ceramic street pads installed in the front calipers tomorrow...already did the rears. Tired of brake dust!

I've done BMW and Porsche pad and rotor changes for years. The fronts on the CGTS are WEIRD! I don't know what I'm doing with them, so I left it to the pros this time.

Anyone know how these come apart? I'd like to know for track day changes.

:alien:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Installed left and right front grills from the Radiator Grill Store. They look great, but aren't really visible unless you look for them. Their real impact is the added protection (regardless of brand) from dangerous road debris, especially projectiles that could easily damage the radiators.

Seriously, this car has a mere 3,554 miles. Yet, there were at least a dozen BB (gun, not bra) sized dings in the fins of both radiators. Thank goodness they weren't pounded with anything larger. Thankfully, that is no longer very likely.

In addition, today I received a pair of Sapphire Blue Metallic (the greatest color) painted side vents from BumperPlugs. The paint work, matching and overall quality is amazing and they appear as good, if not better than, factory originals. Please note their customer service communication has been outstanding (thanks Eric). I have no affiliation with BumperPlugs, nor will I receive any remuneration or discount for the previous statements. Post install pics once XPEL and Ceramic Pro have been applied. And, once applied, I'll install the Radiator Grill Store side vent grills with the new painted side vents.

Oh yeah, Blue Streak II and I also went to Home Depot today...29 mile rounder for a 4 mile trip.

Perfect day!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Did some of that bug-squashing thing with my 718 S Cabriolet (aka Boxster) on a roundabout trip to/from the library. Set up the third console dial to display:
1. turbo boost
2. water temp.
3. oil temp.
4. oil pressure

Pondered more on how it is possible this car is so much faster than it ought to be, based on fastestlaps.com comparisons to contemporary/recent Porsches of higher power/weight ratio. Am further convinced there is something going on here...
ZHR:

I like Boost, oil temp, compass and time to destination. I do a lot of wandering around.

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
93 Posts
Having Hawk ceramic street pads installed in the front calipers tomorrow...already did the rears. Tired of brake dust!

I've done BMW and Porsche pad and rotor changes for years. The fronts on the CGTS are WEIRD! I don't know what I'm doing with them, so I left it to the pros this time.

Anyone know how these come apart? I'd like to know for track day changes.

Did mine, see post a few earlier, so any questions just ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
801 Posts
Cut the vent spews off of the tires. Yeah, I had to look up what they're called. :geek:
As a word lover, I had to look it up now too, thank you very much! I have to say @GTS18BGTS that as I've aged that I've become so much more Type A, or anal, than I was for the first 48 years of life, and I've become more so in the intervening 19 years! So, although removing vent spews is not uncommon, you do make me feel like I'm a Type A rookie! And I do thank you for that. ;-)

·
Registered
803 Posts
As a word lover, I had to look it up now too, thank you very much! I have to say @GTS18BGTS that as I've aged that I've become so much more Type A, or anal, than I was for the first 48 years of life, and I've become more so in the intervening 19 years! So, although removing vent spews is not uncommon, you do make me feel like I'm a Type A rookie! And I do thank you for that. ;-)
Well actually it wasn't my OCD kicking in. 🙃 I was done with the work I wanted to get done in the yard. It was pretty hot by that time. So after putting the tools away in the garage where it was much cooler, I cranked up some Johnny Cash and sat to admire my car. One thing lead to another and the vent spews bit the dust. Wasn't planned at all lol

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hahahaha! Isn't that the way! Well, that's part of enjoying the car. So, well done!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just got back from a three-hour round trip from Louisville, KY up to Gen. Butler State Park in Carrollton on U.S. 42, then back via State 55 to Eminence, hung right on State 22, left on 322 back to 55 and to Finchville and then home to Louisville. Nice warm day and tires were sticky. Tried to keep the wing down the whole way, but it kept coming up on anything that looked like a long straight (although few were at all flat). One minor tragedy along the way. I was going around a long 50 mph-posted curve at about 75 mph and this squirrel hops out on the road as they do, paused and looked at me like WTH, and then I heard this little bonk under the splitter or front of the car and saw him rolling down the road after me. Hope he had a hard head and recovers before someone runs a tire over him. That's my story and sticking to it. Otherwise, what fun!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your home has some interesting architecture! Very neat.
Thank you. It is two structures joined by an enclosed walkway. One side has kitchen, living room, dining room etc. and is open planning for entertaining. The other side has bedrooms, laundry and my office.

Vent Spews are like a hang nail. They should be removed with your teeth. 🤣
Ha! That would be a whole other disorder entirely lol

Just got back from a three-hour round trip from Louisville, KY up to Gen. Butler State Park in Carrollton on U.S. 42, then back via State 55 to Eminence, hung right on State 22, left on 322 back to 55 and to Finchville and then home to Louisville. Nice warm day and tires were sticky. Tried to keep the wing down the whole way, but it kept coming up on anything that looked like a long straight (although few were at all flat). One minor tragedy along the way. I was going around a long 50 mph-posted curve at about 75 mph and this squirrel hops out on the road as they do, paused and looked at me like WTH, and then I heard this little bonk under the splitter or front of the car and saw him rolling down the road after me. Hope he had a hard head and recovers before someone runs a tire over him. That's my story and sticking to it. Otherwise, what fun!
Rocky :cry: Well at least is was a late model Porsche and not a 1983 Oldsmobile. There's more cool factor in that demise😜

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Today it is more like "what did your Porsche do to you"

On my way home from work, had an opening to pass a couple of cars but my "alarm" went of so kept my cool.
My phone was on the passanger seat with the wifi window open, it blinked and i saw this.

I think you can see what it says....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Today it is more like "what did your Porschedo to you"

On my way home from work, had an opening to pass a couple of cars but my "alarm" went of so kept my cool.
My phone was on the passanger seat with the wifi window open, it blinked and i saw this.

I think you can see what it says....
View attachment 26991
Translation?

1021 - 1040 of 1057 Posts