carbon pdk shifter
turbo s badge to glovebox lid
perspex wind deflector
Ghost lights to doors (Porsche crest)

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh i forgot to mention the carbon air intake covers and the sport chrono stopwatch LOL
i have done so much i lost track, anyway another £3K of goodies being made or shipped and on there way to me over the next week or so including EMC2 front spoiler and full sports switchable exhaust and plenty of gorgeous carbon.
I’ll keep you all posted
Cheers Andrew

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
For a couple of weeks the weather has not been that spectacular despite the calendar insists that it is July, so my 718 Boxster has been residing mainly in the garage while I have been driving either my 911 coupe or my Tesla.
But today the weather was good enough to warrant a relaxed drive with the top down just to enjoy the nice weather.

The drive was much more laid back than what I normally do in my 718, and it seems it paid off, on a 135 km / 84 mile trip I averaged 14,6 km/l / 34 mpg US / 41 mpg imperial, which must be a new record for me :cool:
It is nice to know how frugal the car can be if driven gently, but I am sure that next time I drive it I am back down to below 10 km/l / 23 mpg US / 28 mpg imperial as per usual :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I took much of yesterday and some of this morning off work. My sweetie and I took Portia the silver Porsche out to Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge just to get some fresh air. No pics of the car but we did take a few pics of the water and the woods. The wildlife-seein' was good too, as we saw a brace of cedar waxwings and a weasel, probably a long tail weasel. Also heard an interesting bird which Birdnet identified as a common yellowthroat warbler. We couldn't find it in the trees however.

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
I really like both the top and bottom pics.🙂

I'm glad you were able to get a nice ride. I had one myself yesterday too. Despite being the middle of winter it was sunny and 20°C (68°F) so it was top down weather.😀

·
Registered
376 Posts
I took much of yesterday and some of this morning off work. My sweetie and I took Portia the silver Porsche out to Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge just to get some fresh air. No pics of the car but we did take a few pics of the water and the woods. The wildlife-seein' was good too, as we saw a brace of cedar waxwings and a weasel, probably a long tail weasel. Also heard an interesting bird which Birdnet identified as a common yellowthroat warbler. We couldn't find it in the trees however.

Ermines / weasels are the fur of kings. Your weasel sighting was surely a little bit of fauna royalty appreciating a man of good automotive taste. Great pics! Glad you and your sweetie enjoyed your serene time in nature.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I really like both the top and bottom pics.🙂
Ermines / weasels are the fur of kings. Your weasel sighting was surely a little bit of fauna royalty appreciating a man of good automotive taste. Great pics! Glad you and your sweetie enjoyed your serene time in nature.
Thank you, sirs. Indeed that animal's fur was beautiful. A rich reddish brown on back and sides, skightly darker face, sparkling white underneath, black tip on the tail. It was a good day.

Reactions: Graustark

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi all,
i started to personalise mine this weekend,
so the list starts
Painted Calipers Red
fitted Black side markers
fitted carbon front air intake
fitted mesh to front bumper
carbon center console
carbon paddles
carbon pdk shifter
turbo s badge to glovebox lid
perspex wind deflector
Ghost lights to doors (Porsche crest)
View attachment 27305
View attachment 27306 View attachment 27309 View attachment 27310 View attachment 27311 View attachment 27314 View attachment 27315
Car is looking great

Do you have a link of the cf center console? Price?

All you need is cf steering wheel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quick update of this weeks goodies fitted
i made 2 new turbo S badges and fitted them in positions where I think that porsche would have done (Same badge positions as in my Current Ferrari and previous Models )
Fitted Carbon rear whale tail
Fitted 110Mm Carbon Tips to the black (and rusting already 4 weeks old ) factory tips.
fitted Carbon Side air intake covers (clip in type)
Fitted silver rings to speedo binnacle
TO DO
Ordered new carbon steering wheel with red stripe marker and matching leather trim.
EMC2 Front spoiler awaiting customs clearance
Rear GT4 diffuser (gloss black not carbon) in post
Ordered led red pin stripe strip to be fitted along the rear P O R S C H E / spoiler position (a’ la 911) connected to tail lights.
3m Clear PPT I’m going to cut my own profiles for the vulnerable areas to stone chips.

I think that i will be done after these mods apart from fitting a more meaty sounding (not obnoxiously loud) exhaust as the current ”sports” exhaust sounds like a wet fart in a bottle ( but i have been spoiled with owning Ferrari v12, v8 and Lamborghini v10’s)

BB718, i purchased them from a seller on AliExpress very quick dispatch and delivery the complete set including the entertainment console cost £124.00 delivered.
i have looked for the seller but he no longer lists On the site, i did see other sellers though but you have to purchase individual pieces.

Cheers Andrew

F257E139-AEED-4CFC-8DC0-DD1EB7E25A5F.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
changed out the rotors to stand up to track duty better.

View attachment 27433
My rotors rust whilst you look at them, they are the only manufacturer where rotors (And wheel nuts) are rusting, its that bad that the wheels are constantly stained with brown water after washing is this normal?

Do the new rotors that you have fitted suffer the same?

Cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
421 Posts
New rotors are Sebro, who I believe is the manufacturer of the OE rotors.
They are exactly the same as OE except slotted instead of cross drilled.
Am quite interested in your perception regarding performance and longevity compared to OE. I look forward to your feedback once you have sufficient data. Thank you!

Reactions: DriveInHouston

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Had a blast at Thunderhill in my '19 CGTS with the Reno SCCA. Friday we ran the East (3-mile) track, and Saturday we ran the West (2-mile) track. It was nearly 100° each day, but the car ran without missing a beat. (To be fair, I did put Ferodo DS3.12 brake pads on and am using Castrol SRF fluid.)

I ran in the novice group, so I had an instructor in my car on Friday while doing laps and I managed a 2:17. He had a portable intercom system, which made it so much better than trying to shout at each other through our helmets and over the wind noise (windows were required to be down). He had a great, calm demeanor that really helped quell my nerves, and he didn't miss a beat when my first time down the Cyclone (think of a mini version of Laguna Seca's Corkscrew) I exceeded the track limits a little:

On Saturday my instructor was Dr. James Rappaport, who's currently driving a Cayman CS in the SRO (formerly Pirelli World Challenge) series—talk about a thrill! He was shaking-out a new-to-him C7 Corvette, so we did lead/follow laps and he was gracious enough to use his car's OEM track camera system to show me my lines after each session. I mean, can it get any better than free video data analysis from a current Cayman race car driver?! I managed a 1:34 on that track.

Good grief, I think I'm hooked!

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
My rotors rust whilst you look at them, they are the only manufacturer where rotors (And wheel nuts) are rusting, its that bad that the wheels are constantly stained with brown water after washing is this normal?

Do the new rotors that you have fitted suffer the same?

Cheers
Andrew
The rotors rust 'cause they're not stainless. Stainless rotors don't stop very well when they get wet (at least on bikes).

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is the first and only vehicle that i have noticed the rotors rust before my eyes whilst washing the car, i know that my other exotic cars have carbon ceramic brakes but the C63Cab i traded from to the porsche and even my wife’s Kia never once has displayed rust stains on the wheels Whilst washing the car, never, not once.
Is there a brand of rotor that i can swap out to that doesn’t corrode the way the OEM rotors do, i also want to swap out the pads to EBC red to also limit the dust and black deposits on the wheels.

Cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Some nice things done, it would seem. A long relocation southward with great pics. A nice track report, which if you can judge by that gas gauge looks to have been running only about 8 mpg!

We put some slightly adventurous miles on our Cayman last night. Took a nocturnal run out to a high, open ridge about 25 miles to the west to observe the comet NEOWISE. Had to wait for some clouds to dissipate, but eventually we found it more or less where they left it, up there to the WNW and maybe 25 degrees above the horizon. You couldn't see it with the naked eye but binoculars worked well. On a clearer night unassisted viewing might have been possible.

The trip was the suggestion of our neighbors. That's what happens when your neighbor is a school teacher. Anyway, now's your chance because you won't get another for 6800 years.

Reactions: sobiloff
1061 - 1080 of 1127 Posts